Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 10:44 PM Last edited by blinddivine : 25th Apr 2017 at 2:42 AM.
Default WCIF Separate Gloves?
I'm looking for gloves, but the kind that a sim can wear on the right or left hand separately, like the way bracelet accessories function? I have a sim who has something on one of her hands, but it's always on top of what she might be wearing on her hand and putting the thing on a normal pair of gloves results in the thing being on both gloves.

edit: gonna add that i have no skills outside of bodyshop. can't mesh, can't obtain milkshape and the like, and don't know how to fully operate simpe.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 2:08 AM
I haven't seen any gloves like that, but it should be easy to make.

As regular accessories, you can make two separate gloves (right and left), and assign them two different bin numbers. That way you can use them separately, or mix-and-match.

I haven't dealt much with the jewellry section, but it's probably much the same technique. I think you can re-bin items with the Wardrobe Wrangler.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 2:35 AM
If it's something like a tattoo or scar, maybe it's easier to make a new skin?

Or is it meant to be two different designs on the left and right glove?

Unless you absolutely need a 3D mesh, making the design part of either the skin or an outfit can sometimes be a good idea.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I haven't seen any gloves like that, but it should be easy to make.

As regular accessories, you can make two separate gloves (right and left), and assign them two different bin numbers. That way you can use them separately, or mix-and-match.

I haven't dealt much with the jewellry section, but it's probably much the same technique. I think you can re-bin items with the Wardrobe Wrangler.

see, if i knew how to do that i would. thank you though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If it's something like a tattoo or scar, maybe it's easier to make a new skin?

Or is it meant to be two different designs on the left and right glove?

Unless you absolutely need a 3D mesh, making the design part of either the skin or an outfit can sometimes be a good idea.

the gloves are the same, but the left one has a design on the palm. no, the thing is already on her skin too. i did that ages ago. that would be a pain, that's a lot of clothing to add the thing to. thank you for trying.