Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#6601 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I was thinking of a dive well that functions as a hot tub.

Aaaaand you just convinced me to get this mod.
Advertisement
Scholar
#6602 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 3:21 AM
Does the dive well have seating slots? I would think that would be the limitation.
Theorist
#6603 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chgalacher
Is there any way to combine the LLAMA with the time machine and create a TARDIS? That would be super cool.

I think Nraas traveler does that

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#6604 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I think Nraas traveler does that

It does?

The only intersection I can think of with LLAMA booths and NRaas is our ongoing recommendation to not have them in worlds where the player is using GoHere. They do not generally play well together. But Ambitions time machines can be used to travel to Oasis, if that's what was meant so I guess a LLAMA could be tricked into acting like a time machine that way.
#6605 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 3:02 AM
Does anyone else really, really hate Monte Vista? The map is really awful when you want to get anywhere in a hurry, you can hardly build anything in it because everything's so stylized, and it's incredibly buggy to the point where achievements cancel themselves without provocation!

Though I love the wood oven so much. So very much.
Top Secret Researcher
#6606 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 3:11 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 4th Apr 2017 at 3:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Does anyone else really, really hate Monte Vista? The map is really awful when you want to get anywhere in a hurry, you can hardly build anything in it because everything's so stylized, and it's incredibly buggy to the point where achievements cancel themselves without provocation!

Though I love the wood oven so much. So very much.

I don't hate it, but I don't play it much anymore. There are better worlds. As far as getting around, it sucks a little less than ITF's Oasis Landing. As for building, I just copy one of the in game houses and then modify it so it looks like it fits.

it has a certain charm. I wish I knew how to make towns like that but I have the Aesthetics intelligence of a zoo monkey living in the dorms.

P.S. Also, it reminds me of my High school Crush; a very sweet Italian girl named Marie. I thought about her all summer between Junior and Senior and then first time I see her the next year I froze and called her by the wrong name. Really pissed her off. I think she liked me up until then. If only I had a time machine I'd go back the day before and remind my younger self of her name.
Scholar
#6607 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 5:30 AM
I would love to try out Monte Vista as I love the Mediterranean look, but it's a cash product & can't be bought for points...
Field Researcher
#6608 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 12:19 PM
If you want the Italian feel of Monte Vista in a -working- and free game world, Lago Simiore is what you're looking for.
Pictures and my impressions from it here: http://prodigalstranger.dk/lago-sim...rld-experience/
Top Secret Researcher
#6609 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Birgitte Heuschkel
If you want the Italian feel of Monte Vista in a -working- and free game world, Lago Simiore is what you're looking for.
Pictures and my impressions from it here: http://prodigalstranger.dk/lago-sim...rld-experience/

Looks interesting? I have no clue how to download it. It says "download it here" but the two English "Download" buttons don't download. One takes you to wall papers... the other didn't download.

What's the German word for "Download"?
Top Secret Researcher
#6610 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Looks interesting? I have no clue how to download it. It says "download it here" but the two English "Download" buttons don't download. One takes you to wall papers... the other didn't download.

What's the German word for "Download"?

Hi Emmett - The Download is identified in English over on the top right hand side of the page. You need to be registered at Blacky's to download.

To translate the page you can right click on the page to see if your Browser offers the option to translate the page. I am using Chrome and it will translate. Or try using something like Google Translate.

Download in German is herunterladen
Top Secret Researcher
#6611 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 5:05 AM
Lago Simiore is a great world. Vincent T. is a member of MTS and she updates a thread about Blackys Sims Zoo downloads: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...356#post5102356
She is one of the creators of the world and would be able to answer your questions. Download link: http://simszoo.de/include.php?path=...contentid=55065

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#6612 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 7:06 AM
Hi Emmett, the link given on Birgitte Heuschkel's page works fine for me, also the link provided by attuned. As barbarat said, you will need to register at the Simszoo for downloading though. Here is a walkthrough. Then, using one of the links provided, you will find a download symbol (a floppy disk) in the top right corner.

Let me know if it works! I'd be happy to help you.
Field Researcher
#6613 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 1:20 PM
Today I discovered that no matter how many times I dismiss the same annoying roommate, the game will assign her to me again at 9 am the next day. I think I may need more homeless people in town to pick from.
Top Secret Researcher
#6614 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
Hi Emmett, the link given on Birgitte Heuschkel's page works fine for me, also the link provided by attuned. As barbarat said, you will need to register at the Simszoo for downloading though. Here is a walkthrough. Then, using one of the links provided, you will find a download symbol (a floppy disk) in the top right corner.

Let me know if it works! I'd be happy to help you.

I think I got it! Thanks, I'm installing it now and reading the notes. So, it can be a travel world with NRAAS Traveler... kewl.

Edit: Nope! 1.69 strikes again. I can't log into Origin, online or off, so I can't play or install anything. I really am not inclined to buy another product that requires Origin.

Maybe I'll try letting it update....
Theorist
#6615 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 8:43 PM
I added a Sims as a roommate who was an NPR (maid) but I can't control him. His portrait does not appear in the panel. He's engaged to my Sim but uncontrollable due to said issue. Is there anything I can do "to control him?" Unfortunately my sim is kind of shy so she has to marry this guy before she becomes old. Any advice?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#6616 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I added a Sims as a roommate who was an NPR (maid) but I can't control him. His portrait does not appear in the panel. He's engaged to my Sim but uncontrollable due to said issue. Is there anything I can do "to control him?" Unfortunately my sim is kind of shy so she has to marry this guy before she becomes old. Any advice?

Roommates aren't supposed to be player controllable whether they show up on the portrait panel of the household or not. They are NPCs by definition. What you would have to do if you don't want to replay all of this is dismiss the roommate and immediately, before he has a chance to wander away, get him to move in as a fellow resident either by social interaction, testingcheat, or by using NRaas MasterController's Add Sim command. You will also probably want to call up the town's Roommate Service after the dismissal and cancel it so they don't send another NPC roommate over as a replacement the next morning, unless you want that as well.

Note that regardless, he won't be a Service Sim (maid) any longer.
Scholar
#6617 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 11:50 PM
Hey Guys, were desks affected by the Pets update?
I recently downloaded an old set and the computer wants to sit on the floor instead of on the desk....
This is the set, if you are curious.
https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...ing/id/1001230/
If the Pets update was the problem does anybody have a link to a tutorial showing me how to update such a thing.
Thanks.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Theorist
#6618 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 12:08 AM
This link should help you http://modthesims.info/t/524892.

Can't answer your specific question about desks, though. I remember I ran a whole lot of custom content through the rig fixer but I no longer have any of my old files on this PC and don't remember.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Scholar
#6619 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
This link should help you http://modthesims.info/t/524892.

Can't answer your specific question about desks, though. I remember I ran a whole lot of custom content through the rig fixer but I no longer have any of my old files on this PC and don't remember.

Thanks tangie0906,
Now lets hope I can be taught

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Site Helper
#6620 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 2:47 AM
For the record, yes. ALL objects were affected by the Pets patch, including desks.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#6621 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:52 AM
Is there any program that can locate corrupt packages? Not inside of sim3pack, but just in Mods\Packages. I'm so sad now, my game won't start, and it seems like various sliders randomly crash it. I tried redownloading, but it helped only temporarily. And without sliders there's no TS3, because my sims won't look like they should
#6622 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 6:19 AM
What the heck does this mean? I got it while one of my sims was cleaning the house.
Screenshots
Scholar
#6623 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
What the heck does this mean? I got it while one of my sims was cleaning the house.

It means that your sim took clothes out of the washing machine to put in the dryer, but the dryer was already full of clothes. Sims aren't supposed to be able to do this. They need to have an empty dryer or clothes line to move clothes out of the washer. Sometimes it screws up though and you get that message.

Inventor
#6624 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:51 AM
@Babahara, http://modthesims.info/d/387006 this is really useful for lots of things , including finding corrupted packages as you mentioned.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Theorist
#6625 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 1:44 PM
Here is some additional info about Dashboard and the files it's scanning that I found helpful at the archived Simlogical site.

There is no substitute though for the 50/50 method because Dashboard can't find everything. With that method you take out half your mods and see if you can start the game. If you can, then remove all those mods and put in the other 50%. If no you can't start your game, then take out half of those mods. Rinse and repeat until you isolate the issue. You can back up your TS3 folder if you want before you start experimenting.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Page 265 of 385