Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1051 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 9:50 PM
Hi all. I just started this challenge about a week ago, and have been recording my progress on Tumblr. (simplynotrio.tumblr.com/tagged/perfect-genetics-challenge/chrono) I haven't done html in forever so im a bit rusty. Anyhow, I'm 3 pregnancies/4 kids in and have my first heir! Super excited. This is my second attempt, I quit my first one pretty quickly when I realized white eyes are hard to differentiate from the in-game grey eyes.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1052 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 3:30 PM
Im playing this challenge with city building challenge =) Its guite hard!!!! My founder has 6 children and no heir yet, OMG!
Test Subject
#1053 Old 6th May 2016 at 7:31 PM
How many children do you have with a spouse with no heir, before finding a new spouse? I'm at 12 kids, 6 in home, and 17days till they're elders. Idk if I want to move the mom and kids out and find a new partner?
Lab Assistant
#1054 Old 9th May 2016 at 7:47 PM
I finally re-installed the world my PGC family resides in after two years on hiatus. All of my CC was removed, so today was all about the makeovers.

The heiress (still a tot) was the 9th born.
Test Subject
#1055 Old 21st May 2016 at 12:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2SKYEmH7Rs where all the updates at??? anyways i made a video on my yt channel of what i should do with my 2 perfect heirs. if you cant understand me basically have 2 heirs dunno which i should chose asked for help and made a strawpoll
Field Researcher
#1056 Old 23rd May 2016 at 8:12 AM
It's been a long time since I posted, but here's a link to my family tree. I've made it all the way to Gen 3 about two years after starting this challenge. My heir was the 14th child in her generation, but by the time she became a toddler she already had three younger siblings. All things considered, I was pretty lucky that I got heirs so quickly in the first two generations.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#1057 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 12:28 PM
I think I'm going to try this. I thought about combining it with Midnight Sun but after seeing how many kids some of you have had to have to get the heir I'm thinking it may be a wee bit too difficult for me.
Field Researcher
#1058 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 9:59 PM
Long time but i want to post some pictures of my family. Rorey dislikes children but loves her son a lot!

Happy-Go-Lucky
Field Researcher
#1059 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 10:09 PM
Sam is a great kid (even do he will dislike children in the future). At the carnavel he meets his soon to be girlfriend and future mother of his children.

Happy-Go-Lucky
Test Subject
#1060 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 7:25 PM Last edited by Malaionus : 7th Jul 2016 at 3:59 AM.
So, I'm doing this and had to break up a guy and his pregnant girlfriend because I liked his face ._.

She has a step-son, 2 daughters, 2 sons 2 imaginary friend adopted daughters and a husband. (main sim)

Edit: Heir is now a child and they have the best room in the entire house. Daughter and imaginary friend hooked up, meanwhile their sister looked at people's outfits.

Challenge To-Do List

Test Subject
#1061 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 1:59 AM
I started this challenge yesterday, So far I have 4 children(one is adopted so she cant be the heir, but I adopted her when I only had Noah and she looks more like a heir than him), Noah & Scarlett, I know wont be the heir because they don't have the moms Skin color. I will have to see when the twins grow up if Teagan has the hair and eyes of her mom.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1062 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 9:44 PM
I was playing this, got my heir then.. My computer crashed. I was so sad, and quit playing for awhile.. Then I came back today, and her FIRST Child was the heir! I just aged her to a teen!
Test Subject
#1063 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 12:02 AM
Alright, I got identical twins who look exactly like their mother. What one would be the heir? Whatever one I choose or the older one?
And it only took two pregnancies to get them. (Two sets of twins. The first two, both girls, look like neither parents. The second set, a girl and boy, look exactly like mom.)
Test Subject
#1064 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HalloweenWereWolf
Alright, I got identical twins who look exactly like their mother. What one would be the heir? Whatever one I choose or the older one?
And it only took two pregnancies to get them. (Two sets of twins. The first two, both girls, look like neither parents. The second set, a girl and boy, look exactly like mom.)

Pick whichever one looks the best or has the best traits
Test Subject
#1065 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 9:58 PM Last edited by Pelicanesis : 21st Dec 2016 at 10:47 PM.
I finally got around to creating a founder, so without further ado, Here is Robin Lively!

I've nicknamed her 'Birdie', I think it fits better.
Ohhh boy.... Uhm, I think her traits are Easily Impressed, Workaholic, Loves the Heat, no idea what this one was, and of course, Dislikes Children!

I moved her into the Roomies household (Sunset Valley) and put Valerie Somethingorother in the apartment next door.

Birdie hit it off with Stiles almost immediately. 10/10 attraction points!

Of course........ I had given him a makeover. Well, actually I gave all of Sunset Valley slight makeovers.
This is sort of an awkward picture, but what can you do?

It only took a day to get the proposal option!

Success! Next objective, getting an heir.
Instructor
#1066 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 7:04 AM Last edited by orose : 28th Dec 2016 at 9:29 AM.
So what does one do with spares when combining this with Midnight Sun? Because I'm five kids in and no closer to getting an heir, but given that we're on a teeny lil' island, I'm trying to figure out what to do with all of them.

edit Added some pics of my current family. Just about to hit Gen 2 in earnest. Started with Elysin Farynndor, a deposed elf princess who was banished from her kingdom after an uprising. Because of her selfish, unkind nature, she was stripped of her magical abilities and exiled to the deserted isle of Mairin with the prospect of only three chances to visit the outside world. If she could learn to raise a child successfully, change her personality, and produce a royal heir (purple hair, fuchsia eyes), she would regain her magic and be given a chance to reclaim her throne.

Elysin's traits: Diva, Snob, Dislikes Children, Virtuoso, Artistic

Children [in order]: Maira, Elyse, Adryk, Lynnae, Cassandra, Eryk [heir]
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1067 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 8:18 PM
I have started this!!! I can't post bictures yet, because my game crashes when I try, but I have my founder, Emily with lime hair and bright turquoise eyes married to Ryan the daddy. I have an extra challenge because I have seasons generations and pets but I'm managing. They moved into a small but pretty house and soon Emily got preggers. Days after that daddy got a Job as a stay at home daycare.... Uhhh person. A few days of that job went, and then the baby started coming. This was a hard moment for me because Ryan was in the middle of work. I ended up sending both to the hospital and called a babysitter. After a few days Emily and Ryan then decided that the house was to small for so many kids. So once they earned 3,000 sim dollars, they moved to a slightly bigger house. There is where Baxter then had his birthday. I was on the edge of my seat watching the hair, but sadly it was brown when I was changing his clothes though, I found he had the eyes. After that I got both Emily and Ryan fertile then Emily preggers again. She helped out Ryan with his job, while also watching lots of kid shows. Then at last, the day came that Emily gave birth to triplet girls. Eldest triplet is Georgia, middle is Makeely and youngest is Indie. I was so eager to age them up I aged them up a day after. Georgia had the eyes but not the hair, same goes with Makeely but Indie had both the hair and the eyes. At this point Baxter was a child but now he is a teenager wanting to go to prom and the girls are children. Emily is in a midlife crisis but she will have it twice(because I aged her instead of Indie up so I aged her back down but the crisis stayed) and sadly every single kid has either a d or c in school....... Yea...... Anyway that's all what I have done so far I will fill in next generation once it comes. Oh and also, is this generation generation one? Or is indies kids generation one?
Instructor
#1068 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The SimmingLover
I have started this!!! I can't post bictures yet, because my game crashes when I try, but I have my founder, Emily with lime hair and bright turquoise eyes married to Ryan the daddy. I have an extra challenge because I have seasons generations and pets but I'm managing. They moved into a small but pretty house and soon Emily got preggers. Days after that daddy got a Job as a stay at home daycare.... Uhhh person. A few days of that job went, and then the baby started coming. This was a hard moment for me because Ryan was in the middle of work. I ended up sending both to the hospital and called a babysitter. After a few days Emily and Ryan then decided that the house was to small for so many kids. So once they earned 3,000 sim dollars, they moved to a slightly bigger house. There is where Baxter then had his birthday. I was on the edge of my seat watching the hair, but sadly it was brown when I was changing his clothes though, I found he had the eyes. After that I got both Emily and Ryan fertile then Emily preggers again. She helped out Ryan with his job, while also watching lots of kid shows. Then at last, the day came that Emily gave birth to triplet girls. Eldest triplet is Georgia, middle is Makeely and youngest is Indie. I was so eager to age them up I aged them up a day after. Georgia had the eyes but not the hair, same goes with Makeely but Indie had both the hair and the eyes. At this point Baxter was a child but now he is a teenager wanting to go to prom and the girls are children. Emily is in a midlife crisis but she will have it twice(because I aged her instead of Indie up so I aged her back down but the crisis stayed) and sadly every single kid has either a d or c in school....... Yea...... Anyway that's all what I have done so far I will fill in next generation once it comes. Oh and also, is this generation generation one? Or is indies kids generation one?

From my understanding, your founder is Gen 1 and their kids are Gen 2, but I could be wrong.

Also, if you take screenshots by pressing the 'C' key in game, it will save the pics to a folder called 'Screenshots' for you. I usually attach pics to my posts from there. The file tree is usually something like:
My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Screenshots
Test Subject
#1069 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 3:48 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#1070 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 6:22 AM Last edited by ashe0192 : 19th Jan 2017 at 6:23 AM. Reason: update
Default Help pick my heir
Option 1 is Mia Jones.She has the teal hair and purple eyes that could make her the heir.She wants to be a stylist,which I have never done the stylist job.Her traits are brave,good,dislikes children,easily impressed, and artistic.

Option 2 is Nick Jones,Mia's brother.He was also born with the teal hair and purple eyes.He wants to master the guitar and painting skill.He's pretty close to mastering the painting skill. His traits are good sense of humor,dislikes children,athletic,artistic.and lucky.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1071 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 11:44 PM
Default Love this challenge
I'm in love with her hair and her very bright blue eyes. I will keep you updated.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1072 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 4:15 PM
Default The man
This is her lovely Husband
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1073 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 4:18 PM
Default 1st baby
This is her 1st baby a girl called Naiomi. (that's how u spell her version of the name.)
She has the skin colour so fingers crossed!
The mother is NOT impressed!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1074 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 4:28 PM
Default 1st baby fail
She has the right skin but the wrong hair and eyes
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1075 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The SimmingLover

The way I've been playing is that my founder is generation 0 and my heir from them,Cece,is Gen 1.Right now I'm on Gen 2 but cant decide on an heir
Page 43 of 46