Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 4:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't use any screenshot programm...how to take nice pics?
Since the in-game camera makes small pictures, I have tried different programms to take screenshots, but nothing is working. Using the normal screenshot feature from windows (Print Key) will only take a pic of my home screen, not the opened game. So I tried playing in window mode, somehow this didn't work, it will always be full screen...

Then I downloaded different screenshot programms, I don't even remember what, one was greenshot I believe. Same problem with all of them.

After that I downloaded the Loilo Game recorder, and it actually worked with that, but no matter what I did with the settings, it would always be very low resolution.

I finally downloaded Fraps, but it also only takes pics with 800x600 px.

So, how to take nice screenshots with a high resolution? What programm should I use, what setting do I need etc.?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 5:43 PM
I've only tried Gadwin Printscreen (the free version), Fraps, maybe a couple other. The main difference between these programs and the regular printscreen button is that you can set the program to save files in a folder, so you don't have to go in and out of the game all the time. Some have video capture too (Fraps), and some let you set different file names, choose file format, or set a preferred printscreen button.

You may have to right-click the startup icon for the screenshot program and tick the "disable desktop composition" under compability. This is supposedly what makes the program capture the desktop instead of the program running. Some programs have a button to do something of the same.

I had the desktop problem with Gadwin, and the only thing that worked was running the game in windowed mode (but I've gotten used to that, so now I don't mind). I've used Gadwin for several years now, and while I've had a few problems (I have to run the game windowed, it can only be started manually and won't start at computer startup) it's the one I like the most. It has what I need, and can take pictures at full resolution (from my desktop settings).