Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 8:57 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 UC Crashes/Stuck while Loading
So i recently updated my graphics drives and defragged my computer (to make it faster). However, now when I try to load a new family or create a new family through CAS, it freezes/crashes/gets stuck. Firstly, I removed my Downloads folder and put it on my Desktop. That worked, but then all the thumbnails for families in the family bin (like the Goodie family) got messed up. (Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTW_7B084X4)

I also:
-Deleted the cache files
-Deleted the Thumbnails
-Deleted the NeighbourhoodManager files
-Did the Graphics Rules thing from LeeFish
and nothing has fixed it.
-Changed compatibility mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

Here is what I remember from my computer specs
System: Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: AMD FX 4130 Quad-Core (or something like that)
Graphics: AMD HD 7770, 2gb
RAM: 8gb

My UC was installed on an old Origin account that I can no longer access (The email is an old family email that's been deleted when we moved, I think). So I can't repair or uninstall/reinstall.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 10:31 AM
I know this isn't much help but did you happen to back up your game before doing that?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jvms20
I know this isn't much help but did you happen to back up your game before doing that?

...Nope, because I’m an idiot.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaylaRox
My UC was installed on an old Origin account that I can no longer access (The email is an old family email that's been deleted when we moved, I think). So I can't repair or uninstall/reinstall.

Why can't you log in? If you remember your old email & password, there is no reason why you could not, still log in. It's not like EA make sure the email provided is still in function before letting you *in*. I created my own origin account years ago, that email I gave no longer in service either, and i have no trouble logging in.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 10:32 PM
Perhaps try making a new account with a new email. have you talked to origin chat about your issue? Their support is pretty crumby, I think we all know that but it's worth a shot first. Or if that fails, look on ebay, I bought an entire disk set hardly used for $100.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 11:44 PM
Yeah I did. I changed the email and repaired the game. I could get past the create a family part but couldn’t put them on land, I’ll try to remove some cc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 12:32 AM
Mods, please delete this post if it's not allowed. I still need help :/ (Would've posted earlier but I've been busy with uni).
So I reinstalled and added my CC back in. I also did LeeFish's Graphic Rules and changed compatibility mode to Windows XP, Service Pack 3. It still crashes in Create-A-Sim when I try to finish creating a family, and it still shows no thumbnails for families.
This is so strange.. It was working fine before I defragged my computer.