Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Site Helper
#7051 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 2:40 PM
Another big thing about merging NRAAS mods is that they are still being developed, which means they are being updated, which means you're going to be wanting to take old ones out and put new ones in. It's a lot easier when you don't have to unmerge them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Scholar
#7052 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 3:20 PM
That's no problem. I have the unmerged ones in a completely different folder, so if I want to change what is in the merged one, I just make a 'new' one. Though I haven't seen Nraas stuff being updated in over a year or so.
Mad Poster
#7053 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 3:26 PM Last edited by igazor : 10th Sep 2017 at 3:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I use Chazybazzy retextures for some Kijiko stuff and it does say that the Kijiko ones themselves, which include the mesh, have to be put into the Packages folder, but the retextures into Override. I have merged those and checked if the retextures were the way they are with Chazy and not Kijiko and they seem fine.

Some players take the name of the "Overrides" folder a little too literally and put all kinds of stuff in there that should really be in Packages because they are thinking in terms of overriding game files. What you have described, where some package files really do need to trump or "override" other package files already in place in Packages, is exactly what the Overrides folder is for. Objection withdrawn.

...Though I haven't seen Nraas stuff being updated in over a year or so.

It may be true that we don't move at lightening speed in this regard as some of the mods had to be sent back from their testing phases for further revisions before they were ready, but over a year? Then either some of your NRaas mods are outdated or you just happen to not be using any of the ones that have moved forward.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History

Plus we have a slew of them with new versions in beta testing that will, in time, move to full release.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History+Testing
Scholar
#7055 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 4:36 PM
Well, whatever ones I grabbed were always the ones for patch 1.69 in the mod's subpages. So, they should be the latest ones.
Mad Poster
#7056 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 5:21 PM
Well, whatever ones I grabbed were always the ones for patch 1.69 in the mod's subpages. So, they should be the latest ones.

I'm sorry, but that is not correct. Mods are also updated for reasons that have nothing to do with the patch levels. The updates include bug fixes and feature enhancements. No one forces anyone to stay up to date except when it comes to providing support for them, but we believe most players would want to be on current versions.
Mad Poster
#7057 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Don't all mods override game files?

Yes, more or less. But it's when package files are meant to override other package files that the Overrides folder comes into play.
Instructor
#7058 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyPlay665
Is it normal for Sims to not put outerwear on in 40ish degree weather (F)?

Hey guys, I found out an answer to my question from earlier. Sims will not change into outerwear unless it's 32°F or 0°C. This may make sense if you live in Scandinavia, but in Ohio, we start wearing sweaters and such somewhere around 50°F or 10°C. So that's why I was super bothered. If this bothers you too, there is a mod on Sims Asylum that allows you to change these parameters.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Inventor
#7059 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 11:42 PM
When playing stylist career and I get a list like: new everyday wear, new sleepwear, etc. Am I allowed to remove their accessory? Or is that overstepping my boundaries, lol?
Site Helper
#7060 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 12:25 AM
I had a sim who came to my stylist for a new hairstyle.
That sim's hairstyle was fine, but the wardrobe and accessories that the game had assigned were EA at its best (or worst...)
Pink and orange checked pants with a purple and green shirt and that Cleopatra necklace and earrings.
I changed everything and then gave the sim a new hairstyle. It was a success (except that 3 game days later the sim wanted new clothes again. )
So I would say that as long as you actually change the bit(s) you were supposed to change, you're good.

Just don't forget to change everything on the list.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
#7061 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 6:25 PM
My dog has the neat trait, yet she loves to pee inside my house, right by the front door. Neat trait doesn't prevent dogs from peeing inside the house?
Site Helper
#7062 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 1:32 PM
When you gotta go, you gotta go...
I don't have Pets, but can dogs actually let themselves in and out of the house, or it a bit more realistic where they have to wait for the servants who actually have hands to get the door open for them? (Oh, wait. That's cats. Dogs wait for the all powerful divine beings who let them share the house to get the door open.)

And has the dog been housebroken? I would imagine that Neat makes it easier, but they may still need to be taught where and where not to pee.

Lab Assistant
#7063 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
And has the dog been housebroken? I would imagine that Neat makes it easier, but they may still need to be taught where and where not to pee.

I agree on this one. You could scold them, but you cant tell them where to do the deed. If the dog does it too much, why don't you intervene and direct it to pee where you want it to?

Anyway, I have my own question. Is there a Deathfish spawner in Riverview?
Mad Poster
#7064 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 4:33 PM Last edited by igazor : 12th Sep 2017 at 11:29 PM.
Yes, dogs in TS3 will let themselves in and out to do their business without any human intervention needed once they are house-trained unless the door is locked to pets. I know that's not very realistic but it's nicely convenient, as is sending dogs home from wherever in town they may be and knowing that they will be able to get inside even if no one else is around. Not entirely sure how they press the elevator buttons if home is a highrise apartment, but they manage somehow.

The deathfish spawner in Riverview is in the river near the mausoleum lot, close to where the river forks. It's one of the few worlds I can think of that doesn't have a lake (pond, large puddle, whatever some of them are) on the cemetery lot itself.
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/s...shing-spots.php
Scholar
#7065 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 9:20 PM
If I put two different schools onto two different lots - one lot has the basegame school and the other has the ambitions school - how are kids and teens put into the school then? Does the game randomly decide which one they go to; do I have to do this myself choosing Enroll In School on computers or does it evenly distribute them?
Mad Poster
#7066 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:25 AM
If I put two different schools onto two different lots - one lot has the basegame school and the other has the ambitions school - how are kids and teens put into the school then? Does the game randomly decide which one they go to; do I have to do this myself choosing Enroll In School on computers or does it evenly distribute them?

Under EA standard, sims should register for the school that is closest to their home lot (can never remember if that's travel or straight line distance but I think the latter). If one school existed in-game and had students before the other one, probably nothing will happen until some kids age up or new families move into town.

NRaas StoryProgression working together with the GoHere mod offers some alternatives, such as setting the schools up to be segregated by age (elementary/high schools), gender, net worth, traits, or just about anything else reachable by the SP mod's caste filters (zodiac signs, favorite colors, etc...).
Lab Assistant
#7067 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 10:22 PM
There is no form group interaction with children? I really cant form a group with my children?
Mad Poster
#7068 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simrune
There is no form group interaction with children? I really cant form a group with my children?

That's really annoying, isn't it. The one time we really want this out of others where the group up mechanism tends to get in the way and we can't form groups that include children or younger, so no family outings in any kind of formal sense. Or even groups exclusively of children. All those years as a teen that I took my younger siblings and their friends bowling, to the zoo, etc. in real life I must have had something really evil up my sleeve and never realized it.

Children being included in groups is blocked by the game core. I've never seen a mod that's been able to work around it.
Scholar
#7069 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 1:59 PM
One more creator-based question: If I want to release a tuning mod with multiple flavors, is it allowed to upload all flavors into one Zip/Rar file and any downloader can just extract the one flavor they want or do I have to use separate files?

In-game question: Do you need a certain 'amount' of Sims in your town to get some locations, like Late Night bars, to be visited? I have Sims with Ambitions-skill-careers (Writer; Painter; etc), so they are not bound by a schedule that means they can't go to - say - a Dive Bar in the evening; they have traits (like Party Animal) that makes them more likely to go to bars, but places are still empty. I do recall having a few more Sims in my world and then the bar was a bit more populated at times.

Edit: Wait, if a Sim has the trait Party Animal and Bookworm, do those cancel each other out in terms of more likely to go to a bar?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7070 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 5:04 PM
Sims in skill based careers have some sort of internal schedule. Their "wake-up call" is 6am and from 9pm onwards you cannot call them anymore because they are apparently at work. So, it might very well be that these are not the best choice in the hope for populating bars.

I am currently playing in Bridgeport and I noticed that city worlds work really best when it comes to bars because the whole work schedule for employed Sims is better suited for them, with most jobs starting at 1pm. I hardly see those Sims that have the same schedule like in suburban world, i.e. pensioners, self-employed Sims and Sims in professions.
Those, on the other hand, I see most often in the library together with teenagers after school.
Scholar
#7071 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 6:31 PM
I noticed with Ambition Professions - like Private Investigator - that those DO have a schedule and says "I can't come over right now. Try calling back in X hours." when trying to invite them over or out. But not with the skill ones. I mean, I can invite them over practically throughout the day.
Inventor
#7072 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 11:19 PM
This is about the time machine. Do you get child aged sims from the future and elder from the past? Or the other way around? Or both are child aged? This confuses me so much!
Lab Assistant
#7073 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
This is about the time machine. Do you get child aged sims from the future and elder from the past? Or the other way around? Or both are child aged? This confuses me so much!

In my case, it's almost always teen or adults, I have yet to see an elder. I usually travel to the past though, not sure about the future.
Lab Assistant
#7074 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 10:07 AM
In-game question: Do you need a certain 'amount' of Sims in your town to get some locations, like Late Night bars, to be visited? I have Sims with Ambitions-skill-careers (Writer; Painter; etc), so they are not bound by a schedule that means they can't go to - say - a Dive Bar in the evening; they have traits (like Party Animal) that makes them more likely to go to bars, but places are still empty. I do recall having a few more Sims in my world and then the bar was a bit more populated at times.

Edit: Wait, if a Sim has the trait Party Animal and Bookworm, do those cancel each other out in terms of more likely to go to a bar?

Are you playing in a city or town? It seems that the game calls for sims to go home at around 8pm in towns, whereas this is much later in cities, which is why bars tend to work better in Bridgeport... but, if you go with a group (or invite over, even via NRaas), sims will usually stick around. I've only seen loners ditch my sims imediately. Also, I try to occupy sims that are there by calling them over to dance or jamming. Obviously, that doesn't help if you can't get them to the bars in the first place, but yeah, I usually have to resort to dragging them to the bars with my sim :p

omnis mundi creatura
Scholar
#7075 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 10:17 AM Last edited by CatMuto : 18th Sep 2017 at 1:45 PM.
I use custom worlds (like Alocasia [tropical-ish island] and Bigger Builder's Island), so I don't know if they are set as towns or cities.

And I do recall that it was BB Island that had people in the bar, when I had more than... I dunno, ~30 Sims via households? I only counted the amount of men I had in that town and those were about 15.
Page 283 of 385