Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 6:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The "CEP" - Color Enable Package error
Okay so as the title says I'm having problems installing the CEP. Earlier I tried today and after installation I was forever stuck on the purple loading screen for the "fun with pets" collection until I ctrl+alt+delete to shut down the game. Now after uninstalling and attempting to reinstall I get the following prompt

\Documents\CEP_Documentation\CEP_FAQ.pdf
An error occured while trying to copy a file:
The source file is corrupted

Does anyone know what the problem is?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 5:06 PM
Sounds like you need to delete and redownload the CEP installer.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 6:43 PM Last edited by Manda9102 : 20th Sep 2017 at 6:47 PM. Reason: giving exact wording
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Sounds like you need to delete and redownload the CEP installer.

I have..I just redownloaded before typing and I get the following:

Data error in CEP_Setup.exe file is broken

I'm downloading the non outdated one btw that was updated April 2nd 2015
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 1:28 AM
Default (closed) game is kaput
Quote: Originally posted by Manda9102
I have..I just redownloaded before typing and I get the following:

Data error in CEP_Setup.exe file is broken

I'm downloading the non outdated one btw that was updated April 2nd 2015

After uninstalling CEP something went wrong so now my sims memories are non existent. There are no relationships or skills ect. I didn't make a backup so I guess this is a good a time as any to retire the Sims 2. Guess I'll be back when I get a computer that can handle sims4.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 2:32 AM
It's a good time to start over. And next time (whatever you're playing or working on) remember to always back up before doing anything of significance!

Things that might have gone wrong to cause this problem include:
An Anti-virus quarantining files inappropriately.
An OS making files "read only" that weren't.
That's not the game's fault, just a matter of figuring out how to make new tech run old software. If you want it you can have it - no need to settle for Sims4.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 10:46 AM
CEP can't affect your neighbourhoods that way, so I'd say that something like Peni suggested, e.g. your anti-virus messing things up, is probably the culprit here.

Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
CEP can't affect your neighbourhoods that way, so I'd say that something like Peni suggested, e.g. your anti-virus messing things up, is probably the culprit here.
there's still no fix other than starting all back over though right? I know that once memories and family relationships vanish there's no coming back but after creating over 80 additional families in bodyshop with different sliders ect so they''d be unique as well as going through generations with my original megahood premades I don't think I have the heart to start over. I had no idea your antivirus could do something like that but it's not surprising sine a windows update crashed my computer before.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 10:44 PM
I had an antivirus that took aging up sims and made them into the age before, so if a baby aged to a toddler the toddler looked like a stretched baby and if I saved with a baby on the lot they would be gone next time I loaded, some anti virus combined with your Windows can do a number on the game. CEP is very safe and used by 99% of us here with no issues. I would turn your ant virus off while you do anything related to sims 2. And sorry yes you do need to start again if you have no backup. But if you have them someplace you can extract and clone those sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 11:03 PM
If you still have your Saved Sims folder you should be able to use the ones you made.

Don't write off the idea of ever playing again, but by all means give yourself time to grieve your neighborhood. Time heals and someday you may get an itch to start again.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:16 AM
..Are you trying to help SayanAmanda or Manda9102? Why 2 accounts? not my business I guess.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
..Are you trying to help SayanAmanda or Manda9102? Why 2 accounts? not my business I guess.
same person...going to let the other go dormant since I couldn't get the name change.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I had an antivirus that took aging up sims and made them into the age before, so if a baby aged to a toddler the toddler looked like a stretched baby and if I saved with a baby on the lot they would be gone next time I loaded, some anti virus combined with your Windows can do a number on the game. CEP is very safe and used by 99% of us here with no issues. I would turn your ant virus off while you do anything related to sims 2. And sorry yes you do need to start again if you have no backup. But if you have them someplace you can extract and clone those sims.
Ok. Thank you both. I learned something new at least so in the future I'll game with my antivirus off. Appreciate the help.
Alchemist
#13 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 9:44 PM
another possible might be to re-download then try installing again.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 10:04 PM
Download a new copy and install it again, like other posters said. If you start over, you will need to do that anyway

It is possible that something went wrong with your copy during the actual download process - but I have downloaded a new copy myself a day or so ago and it works fine (and it works fine with UC too, in case anyone wants to know).
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Download a new copy and install it again, like other posters said. If you start over, you will need to do that anyway

It is possible that something went wrong with your copy during the actual download process - but I have downloaded a new copy myself a day or so ago and it works fine (and it works fine with UC too, in case anyone wants to know).

You mean redownload CEP right? I tried that and it didn't work. I don't even know where all my games are if I did decide to restart I moved to a new city 2 years ago and I haven't been able to find the box with the games in there. The only one I have is "The Sims 2 fun with pets"
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#16 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 9:28 PM
Don't worry about missing discs - just contact EA CS and ask for a copy of UC, they'll give it to you free if you prove you've got at least one disc.