Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Cyborg Eye for Men and Women Teen to Elder

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 281 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 51,860 Views
Uploaded: 1st Aug 2011 at 9:32 PM
Updated: 2nd Aug 2011 at 4:18 PM by EsmeraldaF
Giving a sim a single cyborg eye is something I've had a lot of requests for and have also wanted to do for a long time for myself. I was never happy with the regular eye-shaped single red eye I created for my Anna Navarre sim uploaded here nearly two years ago, and wanted her to have a robotic-looking protruding round eye which would be both more authentic to the original character and for other cyborg-type sims to use too.

So, here is a cyborg eye for your bioaugmented or android simmies:

The eye is found in Accessories in CAS and comes in four variations: Left eye categorised as Glasses, Left eye categorised as Earrings, Right eye categorised as glasses, and Right eye categorised as Earrings. They are available for men and women aged teen to elder. They come as a set of four eyes in one zip file, from which you can either install all four packages or just pick and choose the ones you want.

With the two different categorisations, you can also give your sim two cyborg eyes if you want to, without them cancelling each other out because of TS3's inability to layer accessories. So, you can give your sim a right eye from the Glasses category and a left eye from the Earrings category (or the other way around) in order to have two at the same time, as below. This also means that you can give your sim their cyborg eye from the earring category and they can still wear glasses, as in the case of the cyborg nerd below.

They have two recolourable areas, a main inner circular area and an outer surrounding ring. I find it looks best in the default colours of red in the main area and black in the outer ring, but you can experiment with different combinations. It looks best to have the outer ring in a dark colour, which makes it blend in better to the sim's eye socket.

This is an eye mesh that sits just forward of the sim's real eye and it's hard to make something like this a 'one size fits all' item, so you may have to play around with eye depth and eyelid settings to minimise having ragged-looking edges along either of the eyelids. One issue: when the sim blinks, the eyelashes can show through the eye as the lid goes up and down. You may find it best to keep their eyelashes very short, and maybe make up for it with a bit of eyeliner and eyeshadow if you do want them to look like they have eyelashes. You can see a bit of what I mean below in the pic of Agnes, where her eyelashes and part of her upper lid show through somewhat. This isn't actually really visible in gameplay, but you may want to make some adjustments if you do find it a problem.

So, hopefully this will help your cyborg sims look more authentic. And even ordinary everyday folks like Agnes Crumplebottom and Gobias Koffi can now turn evil:

Poly count: Each eye is 96 polys.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

Unzip the .zip file and copy the .package file(s) to your Mods\Packages folder. For each item, you only need the one file for both men and women, as it is enabled for both.

If you don't have a Mods\Packages folder and/or don't know how to install .package files, please see full instructions here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

Additional Credits:
Made with CTU http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364926