Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#101 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:30 PM
I am building something that is vaguely oriental here

The Fermented Fruit Juice Bar is now open! Drinks on the house for everyone tonight (Cat, I even made sure there are no orange ones )
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
The Fermented Fruit Juice Bar is now open!

I'll just grab myself something strong while I make something new that isn't so...so as what I did.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Instructor
#103 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:40 PM
Well, seeing people post their builds on the first day motivated me to go and build my own. I wasn't planning on building it this early on, but I figured I could get it out of the way while I'm free and now I have 2 weeks to improve it. Yay! I'm going for a tropical restaurant. I'm quite pleased with the interior, but I don't know if the exterior looks too modern for the theme. I'll figure it out in until the deadline.
Great entries so far! Eastern is the theme that "scares" me the most, and after seeing that lot, Charmful, I'm even more scared lol!

Is it worth it posting pictures already or should I wait a little longer?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:46 PM
I would wait... personally, until you have what you consider a finished product. but that is me, and others may differ and I wouldn't worry about modern as opposed to not modern. Look up modern tropical restaurants and see if you can get an idea from those.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 8:07 PM
I'm just going to leave my entry as is. But I do intend to redo at a later time with something else. I like my theme, I just realized that my structure was too ambitious for the budget, and it didn't have to be that way. Which I realized halfway through, and then kept going anyway. Who knows why.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Helptato
#106 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 8:40 PM
Everyone's entries look really good so far! I love the tea house, it's gorgeous.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#107 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:11 PM
UPDATE... After talking to a few people that said if they did want to do CC free, it would be a bit low, I am upping it to 80,000

Mad Poster
#108 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
UPDATE... I am upping it to 80,000
WOAH! Good to know Thanks!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
#109 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:28 PM
Time to add lots of useless items for decorative purposes!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#110 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:42 PM
You guys are spoiled! :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#111 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:46 PM
That is really awesome - I don't want to add a bunch of cc just because it is cheap Thank you, gdayars!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#112 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:55 PM
OK 3x2 $80000 now

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#113 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:13 PM
yes 80,000 3x2 or 2x3 either one would work

and sorry to confuse you!

next round will be more on par I hope
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#114 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:45 PM
The first round of a contest is always a bit fidgety Even if it's your millionth time hosting, lol.
Forum Resident
#115 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 11:38 PM
Now I have two houses to choose from
NOW I’M EVEN MORE CONFUSED

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#116 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 12:10 AM Last edited by gazania : 5th Feb 2018 at 2:13 AM.
Shoot! It's started?

I have to put the finishing touches on another lot I'll be uploading shortly. It's vaguely connected with the Pets theme. Kind of. It may not count. Then it's off to this contest.

I'd better get a move on, since I'll be losing a day or two! Good thing I'm a playalong! Because of everything with my surgery and recovery, my lots may be more rushed than I'd like, but them's the breaks.

So .... 2x3 or 3x2. 80 Simoleons. One Part 1 item, one Part 2. That's it?

I suppose my prep game for my other uploads will do for building as much as any, but I would have to get a shopping district with beach lots for future rounds. No problem!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#117 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 12:43 AM
Quote:
One Part 1 item, one Part 2. That's it?
It has to be a restaurant.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#118 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 12:58 AM
yes @gazania we are doing the TYPE of lot in order, but you are free to choose which theme it is
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#119 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 12:59 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 5th Feb 2018 at 1:10 AM.
Entries: can you all make sure your pictures blow up nice and large since at least one judge is as blind as a bat...

@Charmful if the floorplan at least can be attached so I can blow it up. Also one of each building.

Everyone: If you have more than one building on your lot, each building also requires its own floor plan.

Another tip, we can only judge what we can see well. If your specially decorated area can't be seen it won't matter how long you spent on it. So make sure to showcase those areas.

~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#120 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:28 AM Last edited by Charmful : 5th Feb 2018 at 1:50 AM.
Is there a way to attach images to posts after they have been posted? I never seen an option when I go into edit (I only see it on creating a post) but have added floor plans of both buildings at a closer view.

Edit: Thanks Gdayars. I know how to always add inline tags for images but didn't realize there was a tab for attachments on edited posts. Thanks!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:38 AM
Yes you can upload to modyourpanties then hit the img button and add the url and it will show in your edited post.

You can also go over to attachments, and then go down to the bottom of the post, and there is a way to upload images and files there
Instructor
#122 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:14 AM
I didn't read past the first entry and I didn't see a comment about it so am asking as well..but kanzen had asked on the first page if Booty items can be used..can they..if not that is ok..

I just seen a post..do we build our buildings or use in game or cc buildings????
Mad Poster
#123 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:15 AM Last edited by gazania : 5th Feb 2018 at 2:44 AM.
OK. Restaurant. 3x2 or 2x3 lot. 80,000 Simoleons.

Debating whether I want to tackle the hardest item on the two lists for me and get that one done (Eastern ... I would like to be respectful to the culture, but feel woefully inadequate making a proper lot) or work on an easier one.

Question: Do you need waiters, or can this be based around the food stand and/or something of that ilk? Or can the food stand be part of the grounds with other stuff on it, such as a garden or add-on establishment (For instance, karaoke?)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:42 AM
You build them and I forgot about the booty items. I think don't ask don't tell policy is best....

And it can be a food stand. Up to you.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#125 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:44 AM
I can't say for certain since I'm not the hostess, but my understanding is it just has to be a food lot. So I think a food stand as a base would be fine.

Edit: I see gdayars was posting as I typed, lol

Page 5 of 59