Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 9:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default "No interactions available" for ovens
I don't have any cc installed because I'm on a new computer, however I do have a few slider mods, but I've taken them out and cleared my cache and this still happens.
I hover the mouse over the oven, but the mouse doesn't change to the gear one and I can't click on it for any interactions. A little box pops up saying "No interactions available". I've tried deleting the ovens over and over, I've tried resetting the sim, and I've tried moving the household out and back in. This is for all ovens and grills, but not microwaves. And the sim can use grills on community lots. So this kinda sucks for sims in the culinary career track :/

I've noticed that the ovens work in other saves, but I've also noticed that sometimes I'll try to interact with an object and the gear mouse doesn't show up. To fix it, I try going down a floor level, or clicking on the sim and then the object/ sim, switching active sims, or resetsim and sometimes that works. The random no interaction thing only happens rarely and throughout all saves, so I'm not sure if it's related to the oven one or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 9:50 PM
Is this on your regular home lot or an additonally purchased home?
There is a mod by NRaas, Selector, http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Selector, that can sometimes help in finding out why an object cannot be clicked.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Is this on your regular home lot or an additonally purchased home?
There is a mod by NRaas, Selector, http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Selector, that can sometimes help in finding out why an object cannot be clicked.

It is a regular home lot. The error occurs on purchased lots, too.
I'll try the mod out and see what happens, and post it here. Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xviixix
It is a regular home lot. The error occurs on purchased lots, too.
I'll try the mod out and see what happens, and post it here. Thank you!

I actually don't understand the mod at all.. I have my settings as:
Move Interactions To Cheat Menu: False
Show Debugging: True
Show No Interactions: True
Switch Households On Right Click: True
but I don't get what it's supposed to do- and by that I mean I understand what the interactions are for, but there is no how-to-use for Selector. I've searched their site and there are no help pages that explain it. When I click the oven, there are no pop ups in the comment area that NRAAS usually shows when changing settings, and there are still no interactions.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 3:46 AM
Well, it was worth a try. As far as I understand Selector if there's a "No interactions available" and the mod can find the reason it will display it, too. But if it doesn't, well, then the reason is, obviously, not so easy to determine. I guess you have a fridge on that lot, too, and no other ovens from the Store (Pizza Oven, Japanese Grill etc.)?
Sorry, I cannot be of more help, because I have never had this myself. The only time I had something similar with other objects it turned out that it was the Plumbot that lived in the affected household. It broke for whatever reason and broke the interactions in the whole household.
But you might perhaps post this at NRaas Industries, too, because the people who maintain twallan's mods are quite knowledgeable with regard to these things and could point you into the right direction.