Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#7251 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Pretty sure the pen thing's called a stylus.

Sounds about right.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7252 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:06 PM
I'd like a mod that will disallow sims to put empty plates and bowls on counters. Three times in a row Reed cleaned up a dish from the counter so he could make more food for his new husband's family, and three times in a row someone else put another in its place before he finished with the last.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#7253 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 12:25 AM
Death Note mod? Yes I'm sadistic. Should spawn anywhere in any lot, allowing the wielder to kill anyone from anywhere (meaning any person in the neighborhood from any lot, including unplayed one and townies which their graves by default would appear in the death note's possessor's lot).
Theorist
#7254 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Something which restores the unused second outfit which the game has for the Repo Man. I'm only going by something I read when I was finding tons of default replacements (it mentioned the fact that the game files has a beige-colored Repo Man outfit but it goes unused). I want a more varied selection of Repo Men! I was thinking of making a female Sim in CAS and dress her up as an exterminator and just do Sim Surgery to make the male Repo Men look like a female but still function properly.

I'd like something that allows us to interact and move in the Repo Men/Social Workers. I mean, we can strike up friendships with the buglar that came to our house and stole stuff, but not with the people who were just doing their job? It's a bit odd.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7255 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 10:22 PM
Sims like the Repo man DO NOT CAUSE corruption when you move them in though they don't function properly. The problem is the way they are coded. There's a reason you're told not to move them in (but it isn't corruption).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#7256 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
You can move some of them in just fine, though apparently they cause corruption once you do so. None of the repo men / bus drivers / charlatans / hot dog and local chefs / break dancers / social bunnies can be touched unless you invoke cheats to do so, yet the SW can be added to the relationship panel in-game without mods, though I'd prefer not to say exactly how to do it since people may try it and mess up their games. The only possible way to get around the corruption issue (possibly) is by cloning the main Sim template and essentially just recode and entirely replace the templates which the unsafe NPC's run from. I'm not that experienced at all in modding so I don't know if this could be done, but from a technical standpoint it sounds like it'd work. Your recoded NPC's would have the standard pie menu options (based on the main Sim template. remember?) and would do everything which the originals did, but without any possible corruption-inducing stuff. @Peni Griffin didn't you make mentions of some stuff which Mootilda found while looking at the Social Worker's template? Can't remember the specifics.

Oh, and to be clear: Every NPC in the game is a Sim. Some people seem to believe that any and all of the universals are objects. Not true at all. They're full-fledged Sims. They just happen to be "baked" into the objects package, and obviously if you save the game after adding them to a household, it'll rewrite the objects package file and will render the whole game unplayable.

I know all of that.
I just think it's kind of a bummer that these NPCs were designed to be not interactable, when really, from an in-story perspective, it'd make more sense to strike up a friendship or relationship with a repo man than with a burglar who robbed your house.
Mad Poster
#7257 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 10:42 PM
The way to find out whether or not a pixel is playable is to look up in SimPE their data-if it's 'incomplete' or missing, it's a sign that you should not play this one. For example, 2 sims on the list have data of 220 mg and 2 mg means the one with the larger number is fully useable. The one without a full number is not.

That number indicates that the sim has a character profile, traits, etc. The one without a full number is missing character data and other information which makes it an objects, not a playable.

To test this, open up their character pages in SimPE and you'll find missing data in it.

But just to be sure, don't mess with the 'off limits' NPC's anyway. Except for the nanny, the fix-it guy, mailman, newspaper boy/girl, the firemen and assorted clerks, they're dangerous to the game.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7258 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 3:34 AM
I wonder if it'd be possible to modify the incomplete Sims' character files to make them fully playable.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7259 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 3:45 AM
I don't know if that's possible-some of the missing data is sometimes physical (hair, skin, etc) and other times it's memories, linkage to other sims, that kind of thing. In some cases you'd have to recreate the entire memory and life of that pixel, (such as Lyla Grunt, Skip Broke, and nearly all of Olive Spectre's victims) to have them playable.

Incomplete memories and linkage are usually the main reason for corruption in the game, which is why everyone is warned not to resurrect most of the dead people in the game. They weren't completely made when the game was shipped, and EA never took the time to do it right the first time. So we're stuck with the incomplete fragments of pixels that weren't fleshed out to begin with.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#7260 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 7:41 AM
This is why I would love to see a mod that assigns random playables to play the roles of Social Workers. They'd have to have plenty of room on the lot and room for the kids that would be taken away, and be in good standing with the agency. Otherwise, their privileges would be revoked, children taken, and another playable would be assigned the role.
Mad Poster
#7261 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 3:54 AM
Location, location, location... I wish you could specify whether a lot was more or less desirably located, and it would have a percentage impact on the price or rent for Sims looking to move into it.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#7262 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 7:19 AM
Does the apartment lotclass do anything regarding price, or does it just affect which social group moves into the other apartments? I think @Lamare is working on a rent reduction thingy that sometimes causes power outages and blows up electronics. Maybe that be of interest.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
just a girl
#7263 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:08 AM
That thingy evolved into several separate thingies and I'm working on some of them.

Speaking of lot class, I have a feeling it is defined by lot price, not the other way around, but I don't know for sure.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7264 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Speaking of lot class, I have a feeling it is defined by lot price, not the other way around, but I don't know for sure.

There is a spot in Lot Adjuster for Force class value, and it says "Set the lot class value. This may affect your lot class (high, middle, low) and the social groups which visit your lot." Maybe moo has more info in her code you can look at?
Scholar
#7265 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 2:59 PM
Using SimPe's Simantics Resource Finder for Calls to OpCode (global) Lot - Is Lot Low Class? yields the following
Group 7F028F29: CT - EP8 - T[0] - Get Social Group (0x10A9)
Group 7F5B142F: CT - Which Family For Residents (0x1016)
Group 7F5C41A3: Apartment - Find NPC Resident (0x100B)
Group 7F3D09E1: sub - exist? (0x1005)
The first three clearly pertain to social groups but the last one is interesting, it's to do with the likelihood of noise from neighbours, the lower the class the noisier the neighbours are going to be.
Mad Poster
#7266 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 3:18 PM
Allow playables to impregnate unplayable sims, and like how can purchase a pet from a store, a prompt message will pop up asking If you wanna keep the unborn child when switching to the unplayable's household.
just a girl
#7267 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
There is a spot in Lot Adjuster for Force class value, and it says "Set the lot class value. This may affect your lot class (high, middle, low) and the social groups which visit your lot." Maybe moo has more info in her code you can look at?

I wouldn't understand the source code.

In terms of gameplay meaningfulness, lot class doesn't do much, so I was never really interested in it. What Chris said.

Also, I'm not sure if lot class could be changed dynamically in game. That would make it more interesting and useful.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Allow playables to impregnate unplayable sims, and like how can purchase a pet from a store, a prompt message will pop up asking If you wanna keep the unborn child when switching to the unplayable's household.

I have it in my maternity mod set. Though not autonomous, so no pop-up. Just saying, in case you didn't know.
Forum Resident
#7268 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 10:06 PM
I wish there was "manage your food" pie menu like the one for groups or making calls that gives you the option to scroll down the list. When you have literally hundreds of custom foods in your game, it's a pain in the %@! when the food you want is darn near 30 clicks in.
Alchemist
#7269 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 3:05 AM
LilSister, I hear you. I don't have hundreds of custom foods, but I have enough to make it annoying and seriously consider pulling everything in a fit of frustration. Only the reminder that I can't just delete custom foods keeps me from doing it. I'd even settle for a way to organize the order of the menu, tbh. I always have desserts and snacks as the first thing and all my breakfast foods waaay down the menu. Super annoying for me.

Anywho, someone (Rosawyn) asked about ways to raise creativity for children in the Stupid/Random Questions thread, mentioning that one of her sim kids' OTH is Film & Lit. And I realized how sad it was that there isn't an option to raise Film & Lit enthusiasm and build creativity at the same time, since sim kids can't write novels. So I'd like a Write in Diary mod.

I'm not positive if kids can write in diary already, but the mod could be child friendly (maybe a clone of the homework notebook?) and sims would just write or journal, building Film & Lit enthusiasm and creativity. Oh, and it'd remove the pesky privacy coding! That way, instead of writing secrets, it'd be more like a sim is doing some creative writing. With such a mod, my sims would finally have a reason to write in their diaries, and it'd make a ton of sense, as people who journal in real life often like to write.

And, while I'm wishing, I'd also love if someone could make microscopes usable by kids too. I was building a school a while back and lamenting on the lack of logic-building items for kids. Not too many classrooms would have chess sets, but schools might have a science lab, right?? Eh, a girl can dream.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#7270 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 4:06 AM
My middle school had four beautiful chess tables in the library. I missed that when I went to high school. I haven't played chess against a human in so long...
Also, it'd be nice to just remove the privacy coding on the original interaction. There is no such thing as that much privacy in my Sims' homes.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Alchemist
#7271 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 4:35 AM
Really? Not only was my middle school library way too small for chess tables, but we rarely had time for a game like chess or other board games. We only played board games on rainy days.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7272 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
I wish there was "manage your food" pie menu like the one for groups or making calls that gives you the option to scroll down the list. When you have literally hundreds of custom foods in your game, it's a pain in the %@! when the food you want is darn near 30 clicks in.

You can sort-of accomplish this by editing the pie menus. I put similar foods (e.g. Pies & Cakes, or Pizzas) under sub-menus. It tidies it up quite a bit. Quick tutorial here if you need it.

Mad Poster
#7273 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
LilSister, I hear you. I don't have hundreds of custom foods, but I have enough to make it annoying and seriously consider pulling everything in a fit of frustration. Only the reminder that I can't just delete custom foods keeps me from doing it. I'd even settle for a way to organize the order of the menu, tbh. I always have desserts and snacks as the first thing and all my breakfast foods waaay down the menu. Super annoying for me.

It looks like your stuff has been badly menued. Desserts should be in a whole other menu from breakfast and most don't show up at breakfast time either.
Mad Poster
#7274 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 10:23 AM
A minor annoyance at best, but I'd like for all custom cribs to be enabled to have Pescado's baby minder (the big eyeball hanging) recognize them in game. It's the only reason that I don't use them at all. I'm stuck with the game's crib, which is ugly at best.

Mad Poster
#7275 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It looks like your stuff has been badly menued. Desserts should be in a whole other menu from breakfast and most don't show up at breakfast time either.

One of my big pet peeves is when creators make a big mess of the fridge menus.

Page 291 of 576