Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 11:05 PM
Default Is there any way to make Sims not cook gruel automatically if they have other food?
I can't be the only one who hates it when Sims go to make food on their own and always make gruel no matter how much food they have available to cook. Are there any mods that make them cook something else if they have the ingredients? It would be less annoying if gruel didn't give a negative focus buff and just a neutral one, but that annoying -5 every time I'm controlling two heroes and don't notice that one has started cooking gruel really bothers me.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 1:01 AM
As soon as you can, swap the cooking pot for either a spit or the oven. The no-ingredient food for those have no negative buffs. I have to admit, it always annoyed me too that they would go for gruel.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
As soon as you can, swap the cooking pot for either a spit or the oven. The no-ingredient food for those have no negative buffs. I have to admit, it always annoyed me too that they would go for gruel.

I don't like not having the cook pot because I think they just look nicer and you often need a cookpot to make certain things in quests. But even if you have a cook pot and oven they always go for the gruel instead of the flatbread. I'd rather not get rid of all my cook pots just so they won't eat gruel, but I guess it's the only way it's really annoying.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 1:37 AM
I have SimRecruit's "TSMFasterCooking+3DaySpoil" mod, and I force my sims to cook several meals at once. You can leave them out "feast-like" or put them in their invy. They will eat whatever is in their invy without being told.
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 2:22 AM
I put my cookpot in the inventory and bring it out just when I need it.