Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2014 at 5:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
"unofficial game modification"
I know I'm probably not the first to post this problem and I know the way to fix it, but my problem is not the problem it's self but a problem with the solution.
I downloaded a bunch of sliders (all at once) and I already have tons of mods installed. This time when I tried to start the game I got this notification:
"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs. Do you want to quit?"
It's one of my mods for sure, and I know that the solution would be to uninstall it or replace it with an updated version of it, and I even read all the help pages conserning that subject in this site. The problem is that I only have one day at home so I only have one day to fix this problem, and MTS's method of detecting which of my mods is problematic would take me like 3 days with all of the mods that I have.
Also I only found out about it after I cleared the original downloads and put all of the extracted files in the mods folder so unless I remember the names of the new mods I downloaded today by heart (and I don't), I have no way on knowing which mods are the new ones- So I can't use that to make the whole process shorter.
Any suggestion?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd May 2014 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gil.goldfarb1
I know I'm probably not the first to post this problem and I know the way to fix it, but my problem is not the problem it's self but a problem with the solution.
I downloaded a bunch of sliders (all at once) and I already have tons of mods installed. This time when I tried to start the game I got this notification:
"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs. Do you want to quit?"
It's one of my mods for sure, and I know that the solution would be to uninstall it or replace it with an updated version of it, and I even read all the help pages conserning that subject in this site. The problem is that I only have one day at home so I only have one day to fix this problem, and MTS's method of detecting which of my mods is problematic would take me like 3 days with all of the mods that I have.
Also I only found out about it after I cleared the original downloads and put all of the extracted files in the mods folder so unless I remember the names of the new mods I downloaded today by heart (and I don't), I have no way on knowing which mods are the new ones- So I can't use that to make the whole process shorter.
Any suggestion?

Have you tried actually running the game anyway, and seeing how it goes? that message doesn't always mean that something is actually wrong.

If you do experience actual issues though, you can sort your mods by date created (you may have to switch your folders to Details view and add a new header by right-clicking on the existing headers) to remove only the newest.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.