Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 1:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default A houseful of sims but I can't play any of them!!
Help!! OK .. I have a new problem and I hope someone is able to help me out. I was playing my family, sent the oldest child to Uni. When the term ended, he came home. Here's where it gets weird. I can see all my family but I don't have any of my family members pics in the bottom left by the UI. So, I can't select anyone or direct anyone to do anything. I really don't want to start all over again. Is there anyway I can save my game?

I am patched to the latest and greatest. I have all EP's except for Pets, SHowtime, Supernatural and Into The Future. No SP's.

Thanks in advance for all the help!!

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Advertisement
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 1:48 AM
@nitromon - Did that and it didn't work. When I went back to my original family, they were there but the pics on the UI were of the other family. And here's the other weird thing, the house in Edit Town view doesn't exist. When you go into the lot, the house, sims and contents exist.

For the record, I saved before I travelled to Uni and I saved just before I travelled back home to Bridgeport.

Weird huh? Anyway, hope there's a solution out there. Thanks Nitromon

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 11:07 PM
Travelling to Uni is easy. DId it several times and I could play my sim. His pic shows up in the UI. It's when I send him back home that there's no one on the UI but the whole family is there. Just can't select any sim. Talk about playing without interfering!! LOL Perfect for a legacy game where I don't micromanage every single sim and let the whole family just run amok!! Which is what I do BTW with my legacy games. Strictly no interference, no cheats. Just let them go and save the game every half hour or so. I usually play my legacy game when I'm doing chores around the house, and I can't stand to NOT interfere ;P

As for modifying savefiles, I wouldn't know how so I'll do the save as a new name game thing and see if that helps. If not... well.. I don't have a problem starting all over again Thanks a bunch for the help

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 11:04 AM
Try the Nraas Traveler mod, I've heard it can often correct such issues (my sims don't travel, so I've no first hand experience).
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 4:49 PM
My sims travel like maniacs; some of them aren't even sure where their actual homes are.

But Traveler, Overwatch, and ErrorTrap are the Grand Triple Play of sim travel. They would never think of leaving home without them, including for semesters at Uni.
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 8:26 PM
@nitromon - the rename the file thingy didn't work. As far as starting over, I mean just take my sim that I created from the bin and start all over again with a new game. Which I did btw.. rushed thru (read - cheated a lot) Uni and back home. Did 3 different saves - 3 different names obviously and had 1 glitch where he went invis, switched families and switched back and there he was. So we're all good This wasn't a legacy family so I'm not so worried. I have different Sims 3 folders for specific games and I switch them as the mood hits me. My games are:

Vanilla - self explanatory. Mostly for building - just Base Game + WA + LN + Sea + GEN + AMB + Uni + IP
Challenges - Base Game + my EP's and lots of EA store and 3rd party CC. Specifically for Challenges
Play - Base + EP's I've listed + lots of Store and 3rd party CC. For play
Legacy - Base + EP's listed + Store and 3rd party CC. Strictly for legacy play

@nimrod2 - I've heard of Traveller mod from Twallan and I might look into it if I run into another travel problem. I've only ever had 1 travel problem before this - one very rich (ridiculously rich and no I didn't cheat) couple went to China to build their vacation home. When they went back home, there was already another couple in their house - them!! So no matter how I tried to save it, I couldn't fix it - I always had them and their doppleganger couple living in their house. So I started them all over again - they never got as rich as they were but no other problems until this one.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥