Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 4:24 AM Last edited by sunstreamer : 20th Jun 2016 at 2:37 AM.
Default Sims with Melted/Clay Face
Alright, I've never posted on MTS before so mind if my format's a bit weird. I'm not sure if this is a cc thing or a new glitch but occasionally when randomizing for a sim, the sim will show up with "melted face" (shown in the attachment below).
This isn't a huge issue as I can always fix it with presets but I'm curious if anyone's come across this before and if they knew what caused it.

P.S My sim is cc-free, and cc skin free. Also I'm revising my cc now.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 5:11 PM
The ears are actually just the way that ears look if you minimize them by dragging them. So it's probably that the game just randomly made the ears the smallest they can be. For the rest of the face... I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

This space intentionally left blank...
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 8:30 PM
If you have Screaming Mustard Lavender Eyebrows (from The Sims Resource) in your mod folder take them out and see if it still is happening. Read that it was causing the issue.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dtw
If you have Screaming Mustard Lavender Eyebrows (from The Sims Resource) in your mod folder take them out and see if it still is happening. Read that it was causing the issue.

None of the SM eyebrows seem to be the issue. Also for the person above you, the eyes on the sim are tweaked, they're usually very large. The attachment description says what's wrong with the rest of the face. Also it frequently randomizes to that face, which can be a bit creepy. I've attached some more examples of this in my original post.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 9:00 AM
Check to see if you have salem2342 Pearly headband with flowers, salem2342 Flower Hoop or MorganeParis_For_Natalis_Nails_02. Someone took these plus MYOBI_lavender_brows (Screaming Mustard) and the problem stopped.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dtw
Check to see if you have salem2342 Pearly headband with flowers, salem2342 Flower Hoop or MorganeParis_For_Natalis_Nails_02. Someone took these plus MYOBI_lavender_brows (Screaming Mustard) and the problem stopped.

I've removed all of those and the glitch still persists.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 11:43 AM
Hi I had this problem and it is with a nails mod http://www.thesimsresource.com/memb...-01/id/1296174/ & http://www.thesimsresource.com/memb...02/id/1296207// I fixed it by editing the package files with sims4studio in the package go to the categories bar and deselect all in the archetype bar and then save and all should be fixed and the clay faces will not occur anymore
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 11:50 AM
i see everyone is getting those weird faces on their sims, it must be a patch bug
Inventor
#9 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 12:23 PM
Not sure about it, several months without playing this game but I recall there is a menu somewhere near the randomize sim button that actually let you choose which details you want to randomize or not. Probably, the randomize face is disable there.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sunstreamer
Alright, I've never posted on MTS before so mind if my format's a bit weird. I'm not sure if this is a cc thing or a new glitch but occasionally when randomizing for a sim, the sim will show up with "melted face" (shown in the attachment below).
This isn't a huge issue as I can always fix it with presets but I'm curious if anyone's come across this before and if they knew what caused it.
all
P.S My sim is cc-free, and cc skin free. Also I'm revising my cc now.

Yeah I'm having this problem too. I'm gonna try all of the suggestions here and see if that stops it. These doe-eyed Sims all look like somebody shoved something up their asses, its stupid af!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
Not sure about it, several months without playing this game but I recall there is a menu somewhere near the randomize sim button that actually let you choose which details you want to randomize or not. Probably, the randomize face is disable there.

Nope, I've even randomized it with the face only selected, and the sims still randomize to clay face.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emile20
Hi I had this problem and it is with a nails mod http://www.thesimsresource.com/memb...-01/id/1296174/ & http://www.thesimsresource.com/memb...02/id/1296207// I fixed it by editing the package files with sims4studio in the package go to the categories bar and deselect all in the archetype bar and then save and all should be fixed and the clay faces will not occur anymore

Don't have that cc in my game.
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 8:59 PM
Ewwwwwww. Those aren't the prettiest faces. I see what you're talking about with ''melted''.
Scholar
#14 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 12:12 AM
Have you removed all of your custom content at all? You should do that. See if the problem is gone. And if it is then add the CC back in small amounts, - so, that way you can tell easier which CC might be the culprit. I think that's the best solution to your problem.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 12:47 AM
Have you tried repairing your game and rsetting Sims 4 Folder? To reset your Sims 4 folder
From the official site: Resetting your sims 4 folder.

To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop.

Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.

Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

I reset mine after I installed the latest patches and Dine Out.
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 4:29 AM
This happens to my sims and it started after I installed the Woohoo mod from Deaderpool. I've posted the issue in the comments on that mod, but no one has responded. :/ I really don't want to remove the mod but these faces are just nasty.
Scholar
#17 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by promghost07
This happens to my sims and it started after I installed the Woohoo mod from Deaderpool. I've posted the issue in the comments on that mod, but no one has responded. :/ I really don't want to remove the mod but these faces are just nasty

That module from Master Control Command Center does not cause this problem, I use it and I've never had this problem once in my game. You need to pull out every mod and bit of custom content you have and then put things back in small amounts to test.
Scholar
#18 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 9:44 AM
Yeah this is really creepy, I think this started after the Vampire pack, massive dark huge eyes, with waxed skinned faces, disgusting creepy looking sims that are immediately subjected to my Delete button, one of my living statues from CL was one of those and even has a statue you easily half tell.
Instructor
#19 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 10:37 AM
I had the same issue briefly. A game repair sorted it out for me.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 12:59 PM
I have the same issue with my randomized Sims, but I just figured it was CAS being, well, CAS. It can make some monstrosities if given the chance, which is why if I wanna make a Sim I'll use one of the base game Sims as a starting point, like Babs or Amber. If I randomize and the Sims pops up with those collapsed ears, I can never get them to actually look like ears again. I don't have any of the CC that has been suggested to have caused it, so I might just repair the game and see if that helps. Although it doesn't necessarily bother me much, randomly generated ugly townies are a time honored tradition of The Sims.
Scholar
#21 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 3:18 PM
I can't see a repair game fixes, because all it checks and fixes is the main games folder, and corrects registry entries, it only corrects the basics of your saved games folder, but it never touches your Mods folder.

We can't be sure if its even a glitch, maybe maxis decided to intent some sims to look that way with its new face template, it's genetics alright because their children are born just like that too, but there one thing in common, they all have dark eyes, and no other color.
Instructor
#22 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I can't see a repair game fixes, because all it checks and fixes is the main games folder, and corrects registry entries, it only corrects the basics of your saved games folder, but it never touches your Mods folder.

We can't be sure if its even a glitch, maybe maxis decided to intent some sims to look that way with its new face template, it's genetics alright because their children are born just like that too, but there one thing in common, they all have dark eyes, and no other color.

I wasn't even playing with mods at the time though.
Scholar
#23 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimoliin
I wasn't even playing with mods at the time though.

This has been going on for quite awhile now and in every case I've seen posted, it was always related to custom content. On the officials last year folks had posted the custom content causing it. I seriously can't even imagine Maxis would push through something like this. It's custom content.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 4:40 AM
1. I agree you will need to remove ALL of your CC then slowly put it back in until you find whatever it is causing it. Start with the obvious skin, make up, and skin details. 2. You should also run ALL of your cc through sims4studio and apply the batch fixes to all your custom content. I am not saying this will fix it, but if there is some problem with an outdated CC it might help. No matter what there is nothing you can do, but go through the hard work of checking your CC. IF it happens with ALL CC removed then you have yourself some kind of bug, but if you haven't checked without the entire Mods folder removed then it is likely something in there. Yeah you'll have to go through ALL of it to find it.

ETA: LOL necro dangit! Still good advice regardless.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 10:40 AM
I have that. I saved sims like that. I liked it. With the custom content eyes they constantly came with, they looked like mice. X) XDXD X)
Page 1 of 2