Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 4:38 PM
I downloaded the France files but I'm having issues with the distant terrain placement. No matter what I do, the RotationY field always has a value of "9.706284E-20" or anything above 0. I think that's the least of my worries however, as there's a HUGE gap between the terrain and the distant terrain .

Is there a file I can edit to force it to behave or something?

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 1:32 AM
I see that problem with the rotation figure too, Alundra. It seems to be a rounding issue, if you place certain objects (like bridges and the DTs) they will display an odd coordinate, but it doesn't seem to affect the placement at all. Rather, the figure seems to change without the object moving.

Can you post a picture of the gap you're seeing? I remember someone else having a problem where an exported heighmap and DT gave a result unlike the EA original.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 12:00 PM
I can give you the official figure later (I just moved house, so tomorrow night probably), but I had to use about -49 on the Y axis. I shouldnt have had to go that far but the terrain was gapping in spots and I didnt know how to/want to rotate it cause I figured I'd get a hand here so I just lowered it until there were no gaps as a temp thing.

Will reset it when I got my desktop working and screenie for you :D.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Field Researcher
#29 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alundra
I can give you the official figure later (I just moved house, so tomorrow night probably), but I had to use about -49 on the Y axis. I shouldnt have had to go that far but the terrain was gapping in spots and I didnt know how to/want to rotate it cause I figured I'd get a hand here so I just lowered it until there were no gaps as a temp thing.

Will reset it when I got my desktop working and screenie for you :D.

It's -43 (oh so close lol) and here's what it looks like on 0... (see attachments)
Screenshots

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 12:27 AM
Hmm, what are the co-ordinates you're using for the DT? If it matches when you move it along the Y axis then I would just be content with that, but if it doesn't match then perhaps it's something else.

You could try importing the heightmap from this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=430240

And also try the co-ordinates from here:
http://pasimficandbeyond.wikia.com/...Distant_Terrain
Page 2 of 2