Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 5:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Adult Sims drive to school/carpool with glitch (?)
So this is my first time posting anything on any Sims related forums looking for assistance or solidarity.

As of now I have almost 15000 files of custom content in my super old Dell PC from 2006, yeah... 2006. The files have a healthy amount of mods and hacks that have made my game funner and a bit more real.

As the title states my adult Sims still have the option to go to school or carpool to school with their kids and frankly it's weird. At first I didn't really pay it any mind since it wasn't all my Sims who were desperate to go back to school. But when I started my new neighborhood with new Sims and those that were born there I noticed the grown up children of my founding Sims still had the option to go to school.

If it weren't for the game crashing and the fact that I'm using my phone I'd have a screenshot or two of my Sims options, but when I get back in there I'll show you what I mean.

I have an idea that it's the Inteen doing what it does best... And even if we can't find a solution I'd like to know if anyone has ever had to deal with that weird little glitch
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HonMeirin
So this is my first time posting anything on any Sims related forums looking for assistance or solidarity.

As of now I have almost 15000 files of custom content in my super old Dell PC from 2006, yeah... 2006. The files have a healthy amount of mods and hacks that have made my game funner and a bit more real.

As the title states my adult Sims still have the option to go to school or carpool to school with their kids and frankly it's weird. At first I didn't really pay it any mind since it wasn't all my Sims who were desperate to go back to school. But when I started my new neighborhood with new Sims and those that were born there I noticed the grown up children of my founding Sims still had the option to go to school.

If it weren't for the game crashing and the fact that I'm using my phone I'd have a screenshot or two of my Sims options, but when I get back in there I'll show you what I mean.

I have an idea that it's the Inteen doing what it does best... And even if we can't find a solution I'd like to know if anyone has ever had to deal with that weird little glitch

The Inteen conflicts with many mods. I'd suggest to run the HCDU as a start to find conflicts.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 8:06 PM
Have you tried spawning the affected sim's biological clock? I recall reading somewhere that that worked as a fix for a similar glitch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stitching
Have you tried spawning the affected sim's biological clock? I recall reading somewhere that that worked as a fix for a similar glitch.

I did that, but it didn't do anything... But thanks for the suggestion
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 10:37 PM
15000 files isn't so bad, try doing a 50/50 with 50,000. A 50/50 is your best bet. Halve your folder, try one half than the other. If you can locate it to one half you have already cut the possible number in half. Keep halving and trying, as each try gets smaller the game loads faster. Grab a drink and something to read, a couple of hours or less and it's done.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 5:40 AM
Have you done a HCDU yet?
I suggest to load it with the half the inteen is not in as that's probably the problem.

Hint: you don't need to move the folders in your downloadfolder all the time for the 50/50 method.
Just zip or rar the half you don't test. The game doesn't read zipped files. I work that way

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 10:40 AM
Thanks a bunch for everyone's suggestions, using the HCDU put things into perspective and it was infact the inteen messing with the options, I had to remove the BackToSchool flavor pak and it was fine, now I can't say I know what that means for my teens who don't go to school anymore... But at least it will put me at was for now
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 12:10 PM
You could grab simlogicals institution sign to stop the school bus coming -if that's the issue. I don't use Inteen to know what will happen now that you have pulled the flavour pack. .

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~