Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 1:48 PM
Float
The waves crash against your body as your eyes flicker open. You pull yourself up slowly and rub your eyes, your clothes are damaged, a deep blue ocean surrounds you. You turn around quickly, now panicking. You're stranded, alone, on a deserted island. You rush around looking for some clue of what happened. You are dehydrated, hungry, tired, aching, and confused. While running around you find a raft, in the raft there's a survival kit. Perfect. It contains a tent, some food, and medicine. You take some of the medicine for your aching and search for materials to build a fire with. You get a fire going, but it's useless now. It's mid day. How are you to survive this hell?

Float
Hi! So this is my second challenge, I'll probably have the same sections in the same order. This introduction, reccomended/required expansion packs and mods, world selection, create a sim, settings, getting a house, misc., and goals. Who knows? Once again I hope you enjoy this survival challenge.
Reccomended/Required Expansion Packs and Mods
Here's a list of the expansion packs I recommend for this challenge: Island Paradise, Ambitions, World Adventures, University Life, and Show Time. I don't think you'll need any mods for this, but I'm sure there are some that can help.
World Selection
Any world that only has a deserted island. I'm using this world: https://daturaobscura.tumblr.com/po...uraobscura-this
Create A Sim
For a challenge the set up rules are very easy I guess, for the sim they just need to be a young adult. I recommend some traits that'd be useful to a survival challenge, but feel free to choose ANY traits.
Settings
Game Options - Any autonomy, suppress opportunities, enable aging, long age system
Season and Environment Options - All seasons enabled, each season lasts twenty five sim days, all weather enabled except for snow, singular lunar phase [New Moon]
Advanced Demographic Options - Disable everything
Housing

Just choose the empty lot and put the following items on it:
Mooring Cleat - Island Paradise
Rowboat - Island Paradise
Sim Travel Tent - Ambitions
Rip-Roaring Bonfire - University Life
Portable Fire Pit - Base Game
[Use buydebug cheat to get] Plums - World Adventures
[Use buydebug cheat to get] Tomato - Base Game
[Use buydebug cheat to get] Bell Peppers - Base Game
[Use buydebug cheat to get] Banana - Showtime [Not needed, but reccomended.]
Building
When fishing you have a chance of catching "scraps"[Simoleans], scraps are any fish you sell instead of eat. You can use scraps to build a hut, build tools, etc. You can't have anything that requires electricity made out of scraps though.
Traveling
To travel you need to have your pack ready, packs vary from the places you go.
China - 10 Fish, 10 Plants, Tent, a "Wilson" [Soccer Ball], and however many "scraps"
Egypt - 25 Fish, 25 Plants, A Tent, a "Wilson", a mega phone, and however many "scraps"
France - 50 Fish, 50 Plants, A Tent, a "Wilson", a mega phone, an umbrella, a sketchbook, and however many "scraps"
The farther you need to travel the more you'll need to pack. When traveling you will feel a worry in your gut about the island and need to go back after three days.
Needs
Certain needs will work differently in this challenge. Using cheats you'll be able to make this work.
Acquiring a "Wilson" requires it washing up on shore [aka rolling two dice and getting a total of 7] When having a Wilson your fun and social meter will go up.
Swimming will clean you off and whenever you swim you can put your hygiene up.
Using terrain paint make a small patch of dirt which will be your "toilet" whenever your sim's about to pee themselves have them go stand on the patch.
Goals
Have your main sim have great grandchildren. [Have three generations]
You can make the goal a few more generations if you'd like.