Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 4:37 PM
Default Gameplay idea - sims get schedule
Hello i just want to throw i gameplay idea in here. Came up few days ago.

I'm usually playing one sim in a family and turn on the "let the other sims live automaticly". But i still keep an eye on them, because i decided they have to learn an instrument or cook a specific meal.
Automatic life is shit. They do what i don't want and i know it's a "Life Simulator" but it would be cool if they would quite stick up on a "plan" because i can't manage 3-5 Sims and still having fun, because it ends up to be work. And it's still a game.

I thought of a schedule. There is a 24 hours plan and you can set it up like 0600 to 0630 toilet 0630 to 0700 shower 0700 to 0800 breakfast. 0800 to 0830 chess (for concentration) and from 0830 to 0900 telecinesis (to get buffs for school) then 0900 school...

Then your Sims would stick up to the plan and you don't have to be worry they just doing sht and you can play with your Main Sim and your other sims will be fine aswell. So that's an awesome idea and it's an addon worth. I already have a name for it "Sims 4: Schedule Time"

Okay thats it. Have a nice day
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 4:59 PM
That would be a great family gameplay for a generations esque EP, where we could have a functional magnetic schedule for the fridge or just a chalkboard/dry erase board for the wall where we could set schedules with tasks for each individual sim for the entire day... and if they have jobs/school that would automatically be accounted for within the schedule.

For instance, click the board, the entire active household appears, you select the Sim you want to set a schedule for i.e. Charlie:
- Click Charlie
- Charlie's Week Appears on grid (MTWTFSS) like a flow chart
- Charlie works M-F 9AM - 5PM, so every timeslot (on the hour) between that is greyed out.
- Select for 6AM
- List of actions/tasks appear (Sleep, Eat, Shower, Do Laundry [thinking ahead here], Garden etc...) If they're sleeping, then they would automatically awake no matter how tired they are (so wake isn't an option to schedule).
- Set Shower, 6AM greys out
- Select 7AM
- Set Eat, 7AM greys out
etc...

Then the next time Monday comes around, Charlie would automatically wake up at 6AM, take a shower and then go to eat. With this you'd be able to micromanage children and be like "After Donnie gets off school at 4PM, go to soccer practice, come home and do homework, eat dinner, then go to sleep".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 5:43 PM
Exactly! And if you leave your house and coming back, the sims who stayed at home and had a schedule with maybe "cook" and "chess" get the experience points they would gain while you stay at home and let him doing it.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 6:11 PM
Oh would that be a little like the mod Pescado made for Sims 2?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Oh would that be a little like the mod Pescado made for Sims 2?

Duh How I wish he made the Autoyack for Sims 3 and Sims 4, my personal favorite in Sims 2. So useful!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 2:13 AM
I also need this in my life. I like to play big families, but some children decide to not eat, refuse to pee (my sims children are always so weird) , skip school on accident, etc. I would like the whole family to be in order so I won't have to tell them what to do every morning when it's always the same thing.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NDM
Hello i just want to throw i gameplay idea in here. Came up few days ago.

I'm usually playing one sim in a family and turn on the "let the other sims live automaticly". But i still keep an eye on them, because i decided they have to learn an instrument or cook a specific meal.
Automatic life is shit. They do what i don't want and i know it's a "Life Simulator" but it would be cool if they would quite stick up on a "plan" because i can't manage 3-5 Sims and still having fun, because it ends up to be work. And it's still a game.

I thought of a schedule. There is a 24 hours plan and you can set it up like 0600 to 0630 toilet 0630 to 0700 shower 0700 to 0800 breakfast. 0800 to 0830 chess (for concentration) and from 0830 to 0900 telecinesis (to get buffs for school) then 0900 school...

Then your Sims would stick up to the plan and you don't have to be worry they just doing sht and you can play with your Main Sim and your other sims will be fine aswell. So that's an awesome idea and it's an addon worth. I already have a name for it "Sims 4: Schedule Time"

Okay thats it. Have a nice day

Interesting idea, it's technically doable by modding, but let me try and see the feasibility of this before making any decisions.