Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS speed build challenge results - posted on 11th Nov 2018 at 8:38 PM
Replies: 7129 (Who?), Viewed: 239725 times.
Page 286 of 286
Theorist
#7126 Old Yesterday at 8:09 PM
My game used to be crashless but not any more. I tried the 50/50 approach to no avail. I may have a CC issue but I have no clue.
Adding more memory now gave me this:
Quote:
System memory: 4096 Megabytes total, 4096 Megabytes free
when the second part used to be less than 4096 when I only had 8 GB.

This thought by @PenelopeT inspired me
Quote:
Since dumping my entire DL folder (best game decision ever) and starting from scratch with it and a new custom clean neighborhood as well (huge fan of the not for the faint-hearted 'Scorched Earth Approach' from http://www.woodensimolean.com/NoMoreUglyNPCs), I now only add new recolors/retextures and objects and such to my game on a lot to lot/neighborhood basis. The same goes for Bodyshop items being added per sim in the neighborhood (which is currently only 21 custom playable sims and 4 NPC/Maxis sims). Now, whenever the game does get fired up I'm very happy with how minimal it is, and tend to download more mods (currently over 1,000 game fixing/enhancing ones are installed) than content these days.

I don't want to start my hood over because I'm attached by the current inhabitants. I like to keep my hoods long-term and play one hood at a time.
I'd also like to be more mindful about what CC make it to my game. For now I was like putting every single recolor even if I only use a few of them. For example I have 40 recolours of a shirt and there are a lot I don't even like.

To start with I set a new organisation for my DL folder (a mix between Jessa's and Bulbizarre's way) and then I'll start a test hood.
Mad Poster
#7127 Old Yesterday at 8:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
===============
I find it interesting how people arrange their Downloads folder. Noticed lots of people use folders for different creators..why is that? Is there a separate thread for this?

Mostly to keep things organized. Plus it's easier to look it up again if I know the creator's name.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Scholar
#7128 Old Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Mostly to keep things organized. Plus it's easier to look it up again if I know the creator's name.

I also organize by Creator so that I can change the load order easily, since I have all of the mods from MATY load first and I have all of the mods by BoilingOil load last. Organizing by Creator makes loading by creator possible.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Alchemist
#7129 Old Yesterday at 11:19 PM
I wonder what percentage of $1M+ lots out there were created by yours truly...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#7130 Old Yesterday at 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa
My game used to be crashless but not any more. I tried the 50/50 approach to no avail. I may have a CC issue but I have no clue.
Adding more memory now gave me this: when the second part used to be less than 4096 when I only had 8 GB.

This thought by @PenelopeT inspired me

I don't want to start my hood over because I'm attached by the current inhabitants. I like to keep my hoods long-term and play one hood at a time.
I'd also like to be more mindful about what CC make it to my game. For now I was like putting every single recolor even if I only use a few of them. For example I have 40 recolours of a shirt and there are a lot I don't even like.

To start with I set a new organisation for my DL folder (a mix between Jessa's and Bulbizarre's way) and then I'll start a test hood.

Don't forget to backup EVERYTHING before you start your new Downloads folder. I cleaned out my folder months ago, and I'm so glad I did. It's a process, but it's worth it. It also helps to be honest with what you really need and want.

Currently Playing:
Beginning of Pleasantview by Marka93

Want Danies-simsational-blog's Sunset Valley hood as a subhood? Download it here.

Page 286 of 286