Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 10:16 PM Last edited by SimyourLife : 12th Nov 2018 at 8:53 AM.
Default Solved: Fixed genetic outcomes at birth since installing UC
Anyone else notice this? Installed from Origin. Before UC, when I had the base game through AL, I would save an hour before birth & the aged up baby (toddler) would generate all sorts of different faces & skin tones (if parents’ skin tones differed) per birth (with exiting without saving.) It was practically an in-game randomization such as using the pacifier “create a baby” in CAS.
For example, I patiently tried for a baby girl to be born between Nina & Don, so she would look like Nina. Every time I tried the same birth, the female baby (toddler) was virtually a Don clone.
The only way I was able to yield the result I wanted to was to impregnate Don. This makes me upset, because I love my female sims to go through pregnancy & birth. Not my male sims unless they are abducted!
Nina & Don’s previous daughter also looked like a Don clone.
I have Sim Blender & Batbox. I tried to regenerate via the Batbox option during Nina’s pregnancy & the daughter still looked like Don.

Maybe this is just a patching issue? Anyone know of a way to get around this (which may be less invasive than a hack?)

Thank you so much!
I am happy to further clarify if this seems confusing...

~SYL
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 11:48 PM
The randomizer resets every time you load the game. Rolling the pacifier with the batbox doesn't help unless it's done during the same session as the birth. Did you do that? If you did, then this is a new and bizarre problem. If you didn't, it's ordinary first-born syndrome.

If this is ordinary first-born syndrome, it's possible that since starting to play with the UC you've changed your playstyle, so that whereas before something you were doing (or some mod you were using) was making use of the randomizer during sessions with births sufficiently often to offset the flaw in the system; and now you're not doing that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 12:44 AM
Well, Don and Nina don't have many options for their children genetically, do they? I haven't played PV much, and things may be different if you are using a non-shipped version, but they have the same skin, (S3) and Don's black hair will be dominant over Nina's red hair, same with Don's brown eyes over Nina's green. Without mods/re-made PV, or something similar their kids have no genetic options but to have S3 skin, black hair and brown eyes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The randomizer resets every time you load the game. Rolling the pacifier with the batbox doesn't help unless it's done during the same session as the birth. Did you do that? If you did, then this is a new and bizarre problem. If you didn't, it's ordinary first-born syndrome.

If this is ordinary first-born syndrome, it's possible that since starting to play with the UC you've changed your playstyle, so that whereas before something you were doing (or some mod you were using) was making use of the randomizer during sessions with births sufficiently often to offset the flaw in the system; and now you're not doing that.

Thank you! Found a post on FBS, but the links to fixes/workarounds are broken. Sounds like I used Batbox incorrectly. I ran it hours before birth & saved about an hour before birth.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 3:53 AM
I find it easier on first load up, to load CAS and click randomize a few times.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#6 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 10:48 AM
Just saving before a birth doesn't undo the Batbox fix, unless you closed your game in between. I always run it when I load a family that might have babies during the rotation, and saving and reloading for a certain gender doesn't cause First-Born Syndrome.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Just saving before a birth doesn't undo the Batbox fix, unless you closed your game in between. I always run it when I load a family that might have babies during the rotation, and saving and reloading for a certain gender doesn't cause First-Born Syndrome.

Thanks a lot! Sounds like I did use Batbox correctly then... I think I misunderstood Peni the first time. I didn’t know that about FBS, either!