Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 9:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How do I find a BCON in SimPE?
Hi everybody,

I spend over an hour trying to figure this out myself, but no answer or luck.

I'm trying to use a really nifty mod that customizes what Sims dig up when searching for treasure. I need to make changes in "Find Object Chances" and in "List of Findable Objects". I tried googling, reading beginner-level tutorials which use SimPE, opening everything in SimPE that somehow seemed to fit, opening the Resource List (it's empty) and "Simantics Resource Finder" - the last one finds, after maybe 10 minutes, the BCON in question, but there's not button to open them.

This is really frustrating because the changes themselves could be done in 10 minutes, but I've spend about 10 times that ´trying to _opening_ the ******* things.

I really need a step-by-step on how to find BCONs (open "tools", then click "Content Preview", then enter ....) or a link to where to find one.

Thanks!

"I hate to tell you this..." is a dreadful way to start a sentence. Don't do something you hate to do for my sake, I'm not that important.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 7:50 AM
Hi.
It is a downloaded mod you opened, in SimPE ?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 11:08 AM
When you say it doesn't open, I'm not clear what you mean. I wonder if you understand how SimPE is laid out and works.

Here are some tips:
First of all, some people have problems with loading of bits in SimPE. That's because it does some slightly weird things on the fly like loading game resources as and when it needs them (not really weird but it does bring issues). You can get around a lot of this by forcing SimPE to load up resources before you start.

Start SimPE Go to Object Workshop (tab at the bottom)
Look for the 'Start' button - press it
Let it finish loading and DON'T touch it until it has
You can tell it has finished when it produces a list of object types in the bottom box - the process takes about 45 seconds on my machine from start to finish. The key is to NOT TOUCH IT while it's loading. If you do, it can hang for a while which is what is happening to you by the sound of it.

Regarding the BCONs and editing them. Once you have loaded up, you can open your object or mod or whatever. Go to Plug In View (tab at bottom). You should see three windows in front of you. The top left window will show you a list of resources in the object/mod/whatever (what is here can vary by type of thing). Click on the one that says BCON. In the top right window you should then see a list of BCONs in the object/mod/whatever. Click on the one you need (there might only be one or several depending on what the mod does). Once you have clicked on the BCON you need, the details should appear in the bottom window - that's where you edit them. Anyway, the arrangement is a sort of tree structure - top left box a list of all resource types in file, top right box a list of all resources within selected type, bottom box individual details of selected specific resource. HTH.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc