Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3801 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
True! But then again, why would you want to delete a grave when you have the option to send/move it to a community lot graveyard? It is probably what the game was intended for, since there are some community graveyards filled with dead sims in the vanilla game. Gothier Green Lawn, in Downtown is one.

There was no option to send/move the graves to other lots until Nightlife was released. Before that, deleting the graves was the only way to get rid of them.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3802 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 12:54 PM
I used to put them in my inventory. Not sure what damage that caused, but occasionally, I'll still find one there

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3803 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:10 PM
It wouldn't cause any damage unless the Sim died - deletes the inventory so without nounlinkondelete it'd shred the character files attached to the grave.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#3804 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
There was no option to send/move the graves to other lots until Nightlife was released. Before that, deleting the graves was the only way to get rid of them.

Yeah, it's easy to forget that sending them to community lots wasn't always an option.

Just imagine if they had never added graveyards...we'd all be stuck with all those graves on the residential lots...*shudder* What would we do? Would we like designate some residental lots as "graveyards" and move elders there when their time has come? Creepy...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#3805 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:04 PM
They didn't need to add graveyard, they only needed to add community lot...After all, my graveyard is just a community lot on which there's graves.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#3806 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
They didn't need to add graveyard, they only needed to add community lot...After all, my graveyard is just a community lot on which there's graves.

They needed to add the ability to send graves there, didn't they?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#3807 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Yeah, it's easy to forget that sending them to community lots wasn't always an option.

Just imagine if they had never added graveyards...we'd all be stuck with all those graves on the residential lots...*shudder* What would we do? Would we like designate some residental lots as "graveyards" and move elders there when their time has come? Creepy...

I'm gonna do that now.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3808 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 10:58 PM
@Sketching

Try doorjamfix http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/t...r=al%2Fhacks%2F

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3809 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 12:05 AM

If I remember correctly, that is actually what sims players were doing at the time - create a residential lot as a cemetery and move your Elders there to die. It was really the only effective way to get ghosts off the lot so they wouldn't bother the living sims. You couldn't just put graves in your inventory either since the inventory also didn't exist before Nightlife. I believe this problem was the reason Pescado made his "Ghostbuster" aspiration reward (painting, costs 12,000 aspiration points). I've had that in my game for years, but never actually gotten around to using it.

Quote: Originally posted by Pescado
FEATURES:
Any ghost that comes to a stop inside a room with one of these objects is banished back to its urnstone. If the ghost is already *AT* its urnstone, it will be zapped. Available as an aspirational award, for 12K. Because we all have way too many ASPs to burn.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS Hacks. Tested for TS2U v1.0.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...al%2Fobjects%2F
Mad Poster
#3810 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 12:13 AM
I've heard there's problems with that on base-game though, such as the ghosts permanently getting stuck outside of the urnstone.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#3811 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 1:08 AM
Big outings can be everything but fun. Let's say 6 sims are part of the same group and they are on an outing, five of them will just... be following one specific sim all night long. Literally. Most group activities consist of 4 sims, so they should be able to split up for a while or at least talk to those standing idle. But when they get twelve steps away from the playable they just... all drop whatever they started doing, go back to the sim in question, invade their personal space and stood there like dummies. They cannot even dance with the rest of the group because they constantly have to FOLLOW EACH STEP OF THAT SIM. They will not talk, they will not drink something, they will not have fun. I understand this behavior in dates. In fact, in that case it is realistic and it makes things easier for me since I do not lose track of the sim someone is trying to woo. Dang, it is even kind of cute. But on outings... annoying as heck. I have tried controlling them a bit, I have tried waiting until they perform something interesting, and I have tried with groups where the sims I control are two. Nope. Nada. Actually, in the last example, even one of the sims I am controlling will follow the other playable around, always queuing up a 'go here' which will stomp any other action until they stand near like boring creeps. AAAAGH, it makes me want to scream in real life.

Also, teens get the 'snuck out' memory the first time. They sneak out for a second time with another sim, and they will have no memory of that night unless they get busted.

Why. Why. WHY? I have to plan everything so meticulously due to this! Memories are so important to me! It means such a hard choice for my whining self! My teens will only sneak out with one sim because even though they can repeat it, they will not remember! Come on, barely anything I can witness happens while you disappear for 3 hours, the least you could give your owner is a memory telling how much fun you had!

Seriously, between this one and the above, I do not know which one makes me go more 'Grrr'.

And I am not even going to mention the game's proneness to corruption. Oh no. Enough hysteria for one night.
Mad Poster
#3812 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 1:56 AM
They needed to add the ability to send graves there, didn't they?

Yes..but this is a different thing isn't it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3813 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I've heard there's problems with that on base-game though, such as the ghosts permanently getting stuck outside of the urnstone.

Yes, that's probably why it says "Tested for TS2U v1.0." Don't use it if you don't have University or later.
Top Secret Researcher
#3814 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 6:08 AM
When you click on a gravestone to "Mourn" the Sim acts like they're angry. You're supposed to cry, not act like you're frustrated. It's just not the appropriate response when I'm trying to enact a "funeral".
Inventor
#3815 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 7:00 AM Last edited by Sketching : 18th Mar 2018 at 7:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Sketching Try doorjamfix http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/t...r=al%2Fhacks%2F

Thanks, joandsarah77. I was worried since it didn't seem to do anything at first, so I boolpropped everyone out of their rooms to re-open the already open doors and close them again. Finally, everyone can sleep in peace!

Edit: I can't believe I forgot that mod. It's in my other game folders but not in this one.
Instructor
#3816 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 10:32 AM
The vanilla butler is so useless. He gets stuck every now and then and he doesn't clean/help in the house. I can't get rid of him just because he also counts as nanny...
Mad Poster
#3817 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
When you click on a gravestone to "Mourn" the Sim acts like they're angry. You're supposed to cry, not act like you're frustrated. It's just not the appropriate response when I'm trying to enact a "funeral".

There are different reactions depending on the relationship the sim had with the dead sim. I had a cat that died and one of the other cats with a good relationship with him howled miserably when told to mourn, whereas another cat who was enemies with him mourned by hissing and spitting at the grave.
Mad Poster
#3818 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 10:42 AM
I've had Sims who were enemies of the deceased Sim cheer at their graves.

Inventor
#3819 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 10:47 AM Last edited by Sketching : 18th Mar 2018 at 1:03 PM. Reason: formatting
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
The vanilla butler is so useless. He gets stuck every now and then and he doesn't clean/help in the house. I can't get rid of him just because he also counts as nanny...

I can't remember the last time I hired a butler, but I recall that they were useless in my game as well. Maybe these fixes will help?

Cyjon: Butler Fix, Better Butler Meals, Butler Asks to Fire, More Butler Cooking, No Butler NPC Harassment
BoilingOil's Butler is No Nanny - technically this goes against what you seem to want, but I'll put this here in case someone wants it
Chris Hatch's Butler Controller Fix
Squinge's Butler No More Cooking

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to hire a maid to clean up and ask someone to watch the toddlers/babies - it's less of a headache. I think others use Christianlov's All-In-One NPC. Some simmers say that you should tip them every now and then to "reset" the butler into doing their work.
Mad Poster
#3820 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 10:51 AM
Another alternative to butlers is DJS Sims' Automatic NPC Scheduler Aspiration Reward:

Quote:
Tired of having to keep track of all that broken stuff in your house? Need help finding out if you have roaches? Well help is here!

For only 11,220 aspiration points, you too can own the Automatic NPC Scheduler! It will scan the lot once every 24 hours, and if it detects any broken objects or roaches it will schedule the appropriate NPC. You can also schedule nannys, maids, and gardeners to arrive anytime you need them! Another fine innovation by Fade Industries.

If you'd rather not have it an aspiration reward, it's fairly trivial to change it in SimPE. If anyone needs instructions on how ask here and I'll post one later. I need to sleep now!

Mad Poster
#3821 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I can't remember the last time I hired a butler, but I recall that they were useless in my game as well. Maybe these fixes will help?

Cyjon: Butler Fix, Better Butler Meals, Butler Asks to Fire, More Butler Cooking, No Butler NPC Harassment
BoilingOil's Butler is No Nanny - technically this goes against what you seem to want, but I'll put this here in case someone wants it
Chris Hatch's Butler Controller Fix

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to hire a maid to clean up and ask someone to watch the toddlers/babies - it's less of a headache. I think others use Christianlov's All-In-One NPC. Some simmers say that you should tip them every now and then to "reset" the butler into doing their work.

My butlers work just fine and I only have Cyjon's mods. I've never seen one order groceries in my game though. I once had a fridge run completely out and the butler just kept erroring.

I did remove "more butler cooking" from my game. The butler drains the damned fridge fast enough when he's only cooking for the family. I wish there was an option to click on the butler and manually "ask to serve guests" or something like that. I definitely don't want him doing it autonomously.

Large houses with lots of garden plants that need tending or lots of small children to look after may be too much for the butler to handle by himself. On a lot like Capp Manor or the Goth mansion, I don't let the butler fire the other help. He never gets anything done on lots like that without maid, gardener and nanny to help out.
Inventor
#3822 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 1:09 PM Last edited by Sketching : 18th Mar 2018 at 1:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I definitely don't want him doing it autonomously.

Large houses with lots of garden plants that need tending or lots of small children to look after may be too much for the butler to handle by himself. On a lot like Capp Manor or the Goth mansion, I don't let the butler fire the other help. He never gets anything done on lots like that without maid, gardener and nanny to help out.

Would Squinge's Butler No More Cooking work (I added it to my previous post just now)? I'm not sure if it's possible to ask/influence him to do so with the mod in though. From what I remember, he couldn't handle large lots on his own either, what with all the gardening alone. It's a good thing there's a mod to stop him from constantly asking to fire his fellow employees; it was probably my biggest butler pet peeve.
Scholar
#3823 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 1:30 PM
I just let a family (mother an teen girl) hire a butler. It's the first time so i have to wait and see how good they are (whitout mods).

My personal "Grrrr's": Not only did the AL install reset wake up all my sleeping sims, it seems to have changed a lot of other things too. some window frames (OFB windows) have their default color and some furnitures from the game have lost their recolors and have to be changed back making the familys who ows it spend money for no reason. You scumbag game makers, do I have to rebuild my hood after each install?! (Bad words goes here...)
Mad Poster
#3824 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 1:40 PM
The OFB windows are a known problem. I also have furniture that needs to be recolored after a reset - always beds. The frames of the large beds from Glamour Life Stuff and Seasons always have to be redone. The sheets are okay though. In my game it doesn't cost anything. I don't know whether that's normal or not.
Scholar
#3825 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 3:34 PM
So it is a known problem? OK then. I thought it was just me.
Page 153 of 275