Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 5:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game Crashing With Custom Music
To start off, no it is not in-game stereo music, it is map-mode replacements.
Also, I hope this is not in the wrong section...
Feel free to move it if need be.

After (I can't remember how many) years of searching, I finally found this thread with a tutorial on how to replace core game music. I followed it exactly how it was, but using "Sims3_Map01" - "Sims3_Map04" files rather than the main theme file.

After doing so, the game works fine, even in map mode, until one of my songs begin playing... I can sit in the map view all day listening to it without issue, but the moment I exit the map, my game crashes.

I know it can't be an outdated content issue, as all of my content works perfectly fine, and it only crashes when exiting map mode after one of these songs begins playing (I can exit map mode during any other song, so long as one of the custom songs has not played). It does this on any world and any save, as well.

It can't be a specs issue either...
I have an NVidia GeForce GT 610 graphics card, an AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core 3800 Mhz Processor and 8GB of RAM, and the game runs fine other than this one issue (and, of course the typical Sims lag that honestly rarely happens).

Does anyone know if the tutorial simply doesn't work anymore? It was posted in 2017, which as far as I know is well after the Sims 3 stopped being updated...

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Also, if it helps, I can share a copy of my edited audio files.