Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 7:36 PM
how do i start bidous career thing
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 5:06 PM
Pleae help! I downlosded SimPE version 0.60.1.16885 and clicked the box to include bidou's editor. But it didn't come up so I can't create careers and I really confused!! How come it didnt install? Plase reply Superfly
Test Subject
#78 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 6:36 PM
I was wondering how you open up teen/elder careers in Bidou's editor. I can't seem to find them when I open the base career template I downloaded. Is there a whole separate base for teen/elder careers, because as of right now, the only way I could figure out how to do it was to open the teen/elder package from SuperFly's Time Travel career and mod it. I'd like to know how to do it without hijacking others' work. ^_^ Thanks!

P.S. SuperFly - Don't worry, I'm not planning on trying to post it or anything, it's more of a practice for an adult career.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 8:19 PM
LeprechaunLyd, killer- you need to open a career before bidou's editor becomes available. Download and open one of these careers (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=49038), then open bidou's editor (in the Tools menu at the top of the screen) and edit the career (Make sure you register a unique GUID and get a new group ID!!!!)

Fenen- you can get your teen/ elder bases from here- http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...6723#post286723

Superfly

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
#80 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 8:24 PM
Awesome! Thanks a ton!
Test Subject
#81 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 6:15 PM
LeprechaunLyd: You need to get a template or a original career from the sims 2( you will find it in TSdata, res, and try to find it there). You can also do another thing: download a career from mts, open it with SimPE and change it with the bidous career editor.
Test Subject
#82 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 7:23 AM
Thank god I'm not the only one who couldn't get the careers to work.

That's a loooooooot of chance cards.

Good thing I won't be uploading it here...
Test Subject
#83 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 3:25 AM
How do you make a career that needs a major? eg. Artist, Paranormal, Show business and natural scientist
Instructor
#84 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 11:04 AM
According to what I could understand, the career will overwrite an original if the GUID and group ID is not changed. This is Exactly what I want to do. I don't accept criminal as career and miss the education career for Gunther Goth and Ginia Kat. Got from someone that created an education career, well, what's the GUID and group ID for the criminal career?
Thanks.
Test Subject
#85 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 8:37 PM
Hi everyone!
This might be the most stupid question so far, but here goes:
I can't get my career in the game. Do I have to copy it to a special folder, or can I leave it in C:\program\simpe\data? (Program= Swedish "Program files" directory)

When I copy it to My Documents\EA Games\The sims 2\Downloads I get a warning when I start the game, which asks me if I want to use the costum created stuff (the career), but I can't apply for a job in in, and the Chance Cards doesn't show up if I use "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true". If I double-click the .package file (career.package, based on the EP tutorial file) I get a message which, translated from Swedish, says:
"Double-click on a packed (package?) file with custom content to install it".

What am I doing wrong? GUID and Group ID seems to be OK.

Thanks in advance!

/Tobbe Henricsson
Test Subject
#86 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:34 AM
Default Career Options
I'm not the brightest bulb in the box but I was wondering if there was a way to make a career for a teacher and the last step being a professor.

Just wondering but kool.
Part-time Hermit
#87 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:53 AM
It should be possible like any other career, but I think there's going to be an education career in Seasons, in which case it might be worth it to wait for that instead.
Test Subject
#88 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 5:35 AM
I dont understand the chance cards. I dont get what they are, and how many I have to make.
Test Subject
#89 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 7:05 AM Last edited by Daishar : 5th Mar 2007 at 7:12 AM.
Nevermind, figured it out myself

Hopefully this question hasnt been asked and answered already, I didn't find an answer after reading a number of the post on this forumn.

At any rate, I just downloaded SimPE and the base career file, transferred it to the data folder, and when I open Bidou's Career Editor the Science career is the only one that comes up. How do I get the other careers to open?
Test Subject
#90 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 4:22 AM
I have my carrer but I have absolutely no idea on what to type into...

I'm writing chance cards for someone how do I place them into the game?

I love Fallout 2/3/NV, Sims 2/3, and my XBOX :)
Oblivion > Skyrim
Oblivion < Skyrim+DLC
Please check my content for Petz5 if you are a fan :)
Petzneedhomes (I'm working on adding a Sims3 section, but it is still invisible.)
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 8:35 PM Last edited by Bubby bob : 29th Mar 2007 at 8:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kikosimxl
I have my carrer but I have absolutely no idea on what to type into...

I'm writing chance cards for someone how do I place them into the game?
Well i'm the one telling you and i used to be asking tht too THERES 100 CHANCE CARDS IN TOTAL only do 50 at the most because they think that there a compleatly different card even though i'll fix the boy girl grammer.

And i'll explain how chance cards work you have the top two little rectangles are the two places... blah blah actualy no simpe. how about you just right out 4 cards per each full chance card theres 10 full chance cards 1 per level (need do'em all) , theres 2 options and each option leads to 2 a small chance card s one good thing that could happen or 1 bad thing that could happen theres also two biggining cards which discribe the chance. there has too be two things the sim could do at that card which then makes a full chance card. Hope that helps and make each full chance card in a diffrent document.

B.B.s Back!!! See this Thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=264996
Keep your eyes peeled for my new medieval goodies set
P.S. I will Not be Retiring
Test Subject
#92 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 1:25 AM
Um... I don't get that.. sorry o_o'

I love Fallout 2/3/NV, Sims 2/3, and my XBOX :)
Oblivion > Skyrim
Oblivion < Skyrim+DLC
Please check my content for Petz5 if you are a fan :)
Petzneedhomes (I'm working on adding a Sims3 section, but it is still invisible.)
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kikosimxl
Um... I don't get that.. sorry o_o'
well that's the easiest way for me to explain so i guess your unteachable so ask Superfly or a another career making if you can't understand you probably won't understand that too but if you did'nt know 1 little thing about careers why did you even ask to do them? that's what i don't understand. so if you don't know a thing just leave it that's the easiest way i learned just right it all in microsoft word and do it the way superfly said to do it that's the only way i know now i'll copy it (once you upload it in a post) and copy it in SimPE okay.

B.B.s Back!!! See this Thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=264996
Keep your eyes peeled for my new medieval goodies set
P.S. I will Not be Retiring
Test Subject
#94 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 1:07 PM
this is all good but how the hell can u get bidous career editor
Test Subject
#95 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 9:03 PM
i dont know if this has been mentioned somewhere, i had a looook.
When writing a chance card, how do i make it so it says the players name? as atm all i can do is write 'you have...' but i want it to say '(players name) has...'

Thanks.
Test Subject
#96 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 7:29 AM
How do I select a career for my sim without having to look in the paper/computer?? I saw it somewhere but I can't remember :S
Test Subject
#97 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 4:26 AM
i've made a career but the chance card is un useable and the skill requierement is un useable how can i repair that???
someone please tell mee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but the career still working maybe i will attach it soon.
Top Secret Researcher
#98 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 1:19 PM
I've got my career all done except for the career reward. I set it to polygraph in Bidou's Career Editor, but it doesn't add my career to the rewards, even though everything else works perfectly. I see a tutorial for using a custom object but not one for using one of the standard rewards (and it's not in Emma's tutorial).

How do I get my career to show up in the career rewards section? It shows up in the newspaper, my sims go to work, all the chance cards work fine, but the career reward is driving me bats!

Thanks for any and all help!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#99 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 1:26 AM
Default using custom vehicles
Ok, so i have the career up and running all pretty smooth. I tried including a custom vehicle and that's when it went bad. The carpool comes but tries to go in the driveway. If the driveway is empty, the car pulls in but my sim won't go in and i cant get a selection "go to work". Any thoughts on how to make a custom car work for carpools?
Test Subject
#100 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 4:19 PM
Default Name in Chance Cards
Quote: Originally posted by IamJesus
i dont know if this has been mentioned somewhere, i had a looook.
When writing a chance card, how do i make it so it says the players name? as atm all i can do is write 'you have...' but i want it to say '(players name) has...'

Thanks.

You would use $Me in place of the name
Page 4 of 5