Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Opportunity phone call fix (and more)

by nikel23 Posted 27th Jul 2015 at 10:51 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2015 at 7:29 AM by nikel23

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 4:55 PM
Thanks so much for this! To be honest, I'd never noticed that opportunities weren't appearing from phone calls but I DID notice that my Sims were constantly rejecting phone calls that they answered for some reason. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 10:12 PM
Yeah! Thanks soooooo much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 11:20 AM
Very useful, thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 1:25 AM
Last time when i played TS3 i installed just as far as seasons and thus i got the opportunities by default. But now since i installed everything, including into the future, then as i understand i will run into this problem. I like opportunities as well. It's a nice addition to the game, such as fixing a television, cook your best meal, bring books to the school, etc. I've would definitely missed it. So thanks for this fix.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 1:13 PM
This works. Thank you so much for the fix.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 7:30 AM
Thank you! Thank you! This has been bugging me for months! Definitely sharing this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#32 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 7:00 AM
Thanks for this fix
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 1:07 PM
Thanks...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 3:48 PM
Doing God's work, son. Cheers!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 2:22 AM
Thank you SO much for this! I purchased ITF a couple months ago, but didn't get it installed until a few days ago. I slowly began to realize that outside of date requests, my sim was getting zero calls. I looked everywhere for a solution, but didn't even dream that it was the expansion causing the problem. I am so glad that there are folks out there doing great work to fix what EA will likely never fix, as they've moved on to TS4. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 10:51 AM
Gosh -.- and I was wondering why my sims didn't get any opportunities anymore! Thanks a bunch!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 2:20 PM
Thank you, it really helps when playing as self employed and need a little money boost. You making this is highly apperciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 9:37 PM
This is awesome I to love opps, it's nice, they're like little odd jobs. They bring more live into Sims lives.
Test Subject
#39 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 5:27 AM
Is this mod patched to 1.69 and does it conflict with Nraas MC? Cause I only have NRaas mods and this mod and for some reason, my sims are only able to receive University opportunities and I can only force Uni opportunities with Nraas. I'm seeking help on Nraas as well, but they've never heard of that glitch. (ETA - I also only receive Uni opportunities calls too. My sims are in Riverview, not University).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 6:27 PM
Thank you for this fix!
Test Subject
#41 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuzieThompson
Is this mod patched to 1.69 and does it conflict with Nraas MC? Cause I only have NRaas mods and this mod and for some reason, my sims are only able to receive University opportunities and I can only force Uni opportunities with Nraas. I'm seeking help on Nraas as well, but they've never heard of that glitch. (ETA - I also only receive Uni opportunities calls too. My sims are in Riverview, not University).

I will be testing this mod with NRaas over the next few days and will post back how it goes for me and what I find out.
Test Subject
#42 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 11:22 PM Last edited by NeVeRLiFt : 20th May 2016 at 4:07 AM.
The mod seems to function and work with NRaas but if you become a Celebrity all the opportunities seem to focus and go towards this and if you're not celebrity it was going towards my profession it seemed.
I will test some more and not have a job or profession and won't be a celebrity and see how it does.

edit: works fine for me after much testing
Alchemist
Original Poster
#43 Old 14th May 2016 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuzieThompson

Can you specify your problem more? What kind of opportunities are you getting? What opportunities are you trying to force with MC? Where's your Sim, and what's his status (career, skill, celebrity)? Do you have any mods that may probably be related to this?

Just FYI, I've had MC forever and I've never encountered any problem with these mods together.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 28th May 2016 at 4:26 PM
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#45 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 7:43 PM
I think this will conflict with a fix to the Laserharp opportunities that Chain_Reaction posted a while ago at NRaas, because it edits the same resource.
I can merge these two fixes myself, but maybe you'd want to include that fix in your version, too?
(As far as I remember the problem is that the LaserHarp has the same challenge like for guitar, i.e., play at 10 different opportunities to receive a rise in future tips, but it seems to be broken for Laserharp in the xml file.)
Test Subject
#46 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 12:11 AM Last edited by Irsis : 21st Aug 2016 at 9:54 AM.
Dumb question, where should i put this mod? Packages folder or Overrides folder?
Test Subject
#47 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Irsis
Dumb question, where should i put this mod? Packages folder or Overrides folder?
Package folder
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#48 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 8:24 AM
Thanks!i could use this when I want opportunites to happen.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 4:45 PM
Thank you for this mod! I have been playing and not really realised that I wasn't getting many opportunity calls! It's only now as I'm playing a gardener sim, that I have noticed these are just not coming through! Thanks again! :D

www.derianhouse.co.uk This site is for Derian House Children's Hospice. They give top quality care 24 hours a day/365 days a year, to children who have terminal and life threatening/shortening conditions.
Test Subject
#50 Old 16th May 2017 at 3:31 AM
This mod conflicts with More or Less Gigs for Bands and Music Opportunities for your Sims (Late Night) - 1.63 - 1.67
by NonaMena, this is sad, because I have the late night expansion pack and I don't ever receive calls with opportunities for a gig.
Page 2 of 3