Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
Just thought I would post a quick look of what I have been working on. Took a break with roads and layouts and started getting the main center of the suburn area looking nice. This is the view down what is essentially a main street: one the left there is the school, the small, local theater, and there will be a salon and on the right is the grocery, bookstore, spa, bistro, and a laundromat. At the end of the road is the library. If you look in the horizon, you can see a tad bit of the city beyond.

By the way: I do have to change the light posts that are on the lots. I thought there was a 3 light post in CAW but it's only a 2 so next time I go in game, I will handle that.

Firstly let me say, as yet your world is looking absolutely beautiful!!!
I am doubtful many wouldn't want to download it! :lovestruc

On another note, how do you get the lots to fit perfectly against the roads/sidewalks etc..? this is something I am having difficulty with, and I'm curious as to whether or not I'm missing a basic tool or something.
Advertisement
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#27 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 6:30 AM
Heaven, your world is coming along very nicely it has been interesting to follow the process.

Right now i don't have any suggestions, as we have already discussed this world of yours over chat. I just wanted to let the world know you are doing a wonderful job with this :D

SpacyCheese, you can turn the grid on at CAW to line the lots to roads. The grid can be activated on top toolbar, and when active, rotate on the bottom of the CAW screen.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 2:24 PM
Kimia no Tama - I definitely agree with you about the valley. I will have to look again and see if I can though. Somewhere around there is the line marking the end of the world and the start of the distant terrain. I have been using pictures from Riverview to try to match roundabout placements of trees. But that's definitely a good suggestion.

There is one house that is kinda out in the middle of nowhere, which, if I can start building up the town that is where the "witch" is going to live. She's not really a witch, just a lonely, shy, widow who doesn't venture out. Houses 9 and 10 will be older, more shabby homes as well as the farm to the right of there that you cannot see. Are you thinking there should be more?

And SpacyCheese - armiel is exactly right. I turn the grid on for my roads and lots. Almost every single road that has lots on it, is a straight road that, if it has a curve in it, it comes right after the house. It took me awhile to get really good at lining them up though.

And thanks armiel!!! I'm hoping to get some more work done this weekend so I have updates next time I see you!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 4:19 AM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 10th Jun 2011 at 5:40 PM.
Just a few more picture updates. I haven't had much of time to work on anything but I've been in and out of lots, trying to get some things built.

First is the park: It is located within the starter home circle. Excuse my spawners.

Second is a decrepit barn: it's a starter but the interior is mostly junk with the necessities for survival (kitchen, bathroom, bed, couch, bookcase).

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 4:38 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 10th Jun 2011 at 5:41 PM.
Okay, so here is the latest house I am working on. It is based off of a friend's house. It is a split level in every sense of the word! It has 4 levels, 2 technical stories. It has 5 bedrooms and 4 baths, although (in real life too although one of the baths is a storage closet in real life), one of the beds has been converted into a playroom. The house has no wall coverings, basically nothing has been CASTed, there aren't even doors besides the exterior ones. It is getting there though but I was ready to share it today.

Test Subject
#31 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 9:03 PM
It's coming on really well, heaven.

I'm looking forward to seeing the next update. Keep up the good work.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 9:05 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 10th Jun 2011 at 5:43 PM.
Okay, here is another update. I'm including some pictures of my starters. I am having issues attaching files so I am using image tags instead.. Also, thanks to some feedback in the #create room, I have updated the park a bit. Thanks guys!

Field Researcher
#33 Old 20th Feb 2011 at 10:06 PM
OOoh you put the cherry trees! Lovely! <3
Also, the houses are looking great. I'm loving the patterns and colors you're using.

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 3:40 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 10th Jun 2011 at 5:44 PM.
Okay, it has been forever since I updated. I wanted everyone to know that I have not abandoned this project. I have been working on the upper middle class neighborhood and, due to my love of the houses in Desperate Housewives, I decided the homes on Wisteria Lane would be a perfect addition. These WILL NOT be perfect replicas nor will the world include the families of the Lane. I have 5 of 9 homes done so far and just wanted to share my progress since it has been awhile. They are all work in progresses and the interior on all of them is pretty much non-existent. I am working in the shells first and then will go back to the rooms and furnishings.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 6:53 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 10th Jun 2011 at 5:45 PM.
Okay, so I got one more done. Well, done in relative terms. Again, there is still landscaping, interior design, and furnishing to be done, just like with the rest.

Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#36 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 8:24 PM
Heaven sent 18

Its really good to see river view remade for night life. Have gone through the whole post and must say that am impressed with your work so far. My only suggestion for now is to continue doing what you are doing cos this world is becoming so interesting. It was great of you recreating the town from scratch and you did justice to it. keep it up
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 5:18 AM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 10th Jun 2011 at 5:46 PM.
So, I have recently been working on a nectary. It is not near finished yet but the shell is getting there (this seems to be a pattern with me, probably because I hate the interior design aspect). As this is the first nectary I have ever built, I was hoping to get some feedback.

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 12:33 AM
I really love this project so far, and cannot wait till its finished

The nectary looks really nice so far!
Instructor
#39 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 1:37 AM
The nectary, as it exists so far, looks pretty nice. But I have a question.

Is it actually intended to be used as a nectary, or just a very fancy residence?

I'm asking this question due to the use of the electronic gate. Would it prevent Sims from entering, or will it allow any Sim when used on a community lot? I've never tested this, since in practice I don't use that gate.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 5:04 PM
That's a good question. Not only not having built a nectary before, I have also not used the gate. I'll have to test and find out. Maybe it will just end up being a private residence.

Instructor
#41 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepalldaypartyallnight
Or could you just place the garage door with move objects and not have to alter the walls?

Doing that creates a very ugly effect. The distorted walls to the sides look much better by comparison.

It's better to use the "Flat Wall" wall covering (under Paint) or to use plants and decor to cover the distorted area.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 1st May 2011 at 10:14 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 10th Jun 2011 at 5:48 PM.
Sleepalldaypartyallnight - Thanks for pointing out the fence! I hadn't noticed it but have since fixed it. As for the garages, I agree with BenCo722 about making the garages level which makes things rather unsightly.

However, I also do not intend to use a flat wall either. I will try to cover it as best I can but, honestly, I am okay with having some distorted walls. It's not a huge deal and is just a permanent side effect of CFE. Because of how the garages are attached in the real homes, switching to flat wall would throw off the patterns of the rest of the house so we'll just have to live with it!

Now...I know it has been forever since I posted but, until yesterday, I have been crazy busy. I've gone through a building frenzy and am going to post a ton of pictures of what I have been working on. Keep in mind that this follows the pattern of the my other lots (exterior is built but no landscaping, no interior). I got a lot of my inspiration from doll houses! Obviously, that might affect the shape of the house (since there is always a side open) but I used my imagination to fill it in so these are not exact replicas.

I also have some other homes as well:

Forum Resident
#43 Old 2nd May 2011 at 2:31 PM
I can't see the pictures, it says "Image Not Available" :S

But I can't wait to see what you built!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#44 Old 2nd May 2011 at 3:06 PM
I can, so it's not a general problem... Heaven, the houses are adorable! Especially the one person apartment
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 3rd May 2011 at 7:59 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 10th Jun 2011 at 5:49 PM.
Got one more house done! The image was hard to get since I don't have access to tab being only in EIG and there are trees in the way so it's not the best on angling. I'll try and get a better one a little later.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 4th May 2011 at 1:58 AM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 10th Jun 2011 at 5:49 PM.
So I redid parts of Shadowcliff to make the outside look a bit nicer. I also started working on the interior. You can at least see the layout here. It also has an attic and a basement (as do all the Victorian dollhouse homes shown above). As a bonus, the foyer is done!

Forum Resident
#47 Old 18th May 2011 at 1:18 PM
Hey hunni bun - no updates???? Sorry I have been busy with work - BUT I did start the house and hopefully get something you can use :Dlets just see...

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 21st May 2011 at 8:18 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 10th Jun 2011 at 5:52 PM.
Okay, so a small update.

Forum Resident
#49 Old 22nd May 2011 at 4:56 AM
Love love LOVE the victorian :DSuch a cute little garden

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 5:25 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 12th Jun 2011 at 1:05 AM.
Finished homes (that I forgot to update you with). Sorry!!!

Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: Old - OP may want to re-open thread
Page 2 of 4