Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 3:03 AM
Default Let my Store content go!
So after many, many, years and countless ads viewed for free simpoints, I have managed to purchase almost all of the sets in the sims 3 store. The store lets me access my purchases whenever I want, but it won't let me download them!

I moved my game over to PlayonLinux, so technically, I still have it, just not on the same computer. I have no idea how to send the Sims3 store stuff over there. I thought maybe if I installed an internet browser on there It would work, but I haven't had any success with the browsers.

Any advice?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 3:15 AM
Does it let you sign into your account there?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Does it let you sign into your account there?

None of the browsers I've installed on PlayonLinux can even load the home page, let alone get me to the Sims 3 site.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
So after many, many, years and countless ads viewed for free simpoints, I have managed to purchase almost all of the sets in the sims 3 store. The store lets me access my purchases whenever I want, but it won't let me download them!

I moved my game over to PlayonLinux, so technically, I still have it, just not on the same computer. I have no idea how to send the Sims3 store stuff over there. I thought maybe if I installed an internet browser on there It would work, but I haven't had any success with the browsers.

Any advice?

I just fired up the Linux browser and downloaded it, then moved it to the downloads folder in my Linux Sims 3 install.
You can't use the same downloads as was in your windows installs. You can't even use your Origin downloads on the Steam installs, or Origin on old computer to Origin on New computer.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#5 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 12:55 PM
None of the browsers I've installed on PlayonLinux can even load the home page, let alone get me to the Sims 3 site.

Should work with Firefox. I just tried and logged in, but I forgot how to find my store items. But the website works anyway.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
Should work with Firefox. I just tried and logged in, but I forgot how to find my store items. But the website works anyway.

Go look at your purchased item list to find your store items.
OR you can start the game (from the game itself, not the launcher) and open the downloads dashboard, log in, and install it that way.

Not sure why someone disagreed with just downloading it from firefox. It works for me.

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Go look at your purchased item list to find your store items.
OR you can start the game (from the game itself, not the launcher) and open the downloads dashboard, log in, and install it that way.

Not sure why someone disagreed with just downloading it from firefox. It works for me.

I keep having problems trying to install firefox on there. Not sure why. The firefox installed on my non-emulated dashboard works just fine.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 6:33 AM
Playonlinux just saves your game at another location, but you can just copy your stuff over. You don't need to download it with wine. Just download the stuff normally over your normal browser and move it to the Downloads folder. I have moved on to Lutris, but I think there is a PlayonLinuxDrives Folder in Your home folder in which there should be your wine-prefixes. If you go in there and go to drive_c/users/what_ever_your_user_name_is/My Documents/ Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Downloads You should be able to put your downloads there. You can install stuff in this folder with the launcher. I hate the launcher though so I convert everything to package files.. But for Store content that is even more work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
Playonlinux just saves your game at another location, but you can just copy your stuff over. You don't need to download it with wine. Just download the stuff normally over your normal browser and move it to the Downloads folder. I have moved on to Lutris, but I think there is a PlayonLinuxDrives Folder in Your home folder in which there should be your wine-prefixes. If you go in there and go to drive_c/users/what_ever_your_user_name_is/My Documents/ Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Downloads You should be able to put your downloads there. You can install stuff in this folder with the launcher. I hate the launcher though so I convert everything to package files.. But for Store content that is even more work.

Therin lies the problem. My normal browser refuses to download anything.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:52 AM
I keep having problems trying to install firefox on there. Not sure why. The firefox installed on my non-emulated dashboard works just fine.

I might have been thinking content that was DRM protected... stuff you pay for. I can download shared stuff but not the EA stuff.
I know the downloads dashboard within the game works. I just tried it.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 1:04 PM
Therin lies the problem. My normal browser refuses to download anything.

Yeah I just tried with Firefox on linux. I think the store only lets you download if it recognises TS3 being installed. Which seems to only work if sims3 is seen as application by Firefox when downloading. I don't know if this is possible to do with playonlinux if you run Firefox on native linux, because it is windows application.

If you still have TS3 on a windows installation, I suggest you download there and move it over to your linux installation with an USB stick (or LAN or whatever means you have to move files over) or something. Or can you access owned store content through the launcher?

It is a good idea to make a backup of your store content anyway. Who knows when EA will stop supporting that.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 5:18 PM
There are a number of problems with converting store content to package files: One - items that have gameplay associated with them, such as the sims multitab, will not function as intended, and multi-part sets will not be named, you will only see items that have numbers and letters. In addition, I have found that you cannot (or at least I tried, but couldn't do it) merge store files into a larger package file. Having a large mods folder in sims 3 makes my game crash, so I install (almost) everything with the launcher (and keep my mods folder under 2GB). I know folks have had problems with the launcher, but when I did some further digging, sometimes sims3packs that crash the launcher will also crash your game when unpacked. They are not corrupt, just crap for some reason.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 8:11 PM
I convert everything to packages that I can including store files and I have merged them also, with very few problems.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 10:23 PM

Any advice?

From the game, try the ... ->Download's dashboard
Slow, but do-able.

Sims are better than us.