Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:58 AM
Default WCIF Households
where can I find households that's not from the exchange? I don't feel like making families so where can I get households that is safe to download?

also if anyone knows, is downloading households from the exchange safe? its just once I add them to the game everything they had on before I put them in the house is gone so that makes me think is it safe to load into my game?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:54 PM
The thing about the Exchange is that there's no good way of informing downloaders about the 3rd party CC you use on the sims (and lots) uploaded there. With sims it's especially bad because so many of uploaded sims use CC from sites like Peggyzone and Rose that are 1) dead now and 2) use package files, which do not carry over with sims3pack files uploaded.

So unless an uploader adds the links to every piece of CC right in the household's/sims' description in CAS (which no one's ever going to do), you'd never be aware that the sims's hair or makeup or accessories/shoes (the biggest CC the community excels at that EA sucks at) are not included, unless you were already familiar with the way content transfers over.

IMO best thing to do would be to either:
1) post a picture/link of the households/sims in question to a WCIF thread, so that the CC can be hopefully be identified for you
2) browse through MTS' sims uploads instead http://modthesims.info/browse.php?f=145&showType=2&gs=2 as they are good about listing what CC they use, and a lot of the time it's a .sim package that goes right in your Saved Sim folder, rather than a sims3pack that needs to be installed via the Launcher.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
The thing about the Exchange is that there's no good way of informing downloaders about the 3rd party CC you use on the sims (and lots) uploaded there. With sims it's especially bad because so many of uploaded sims use CC from sites like Peggyzone and Rose that are 1) dead now and 2) use package files, which do not carry over with sims3pack files uploaded.

So unless an uploader adds the links to every piece of CC right in the household's/sims' description in CAS (which no one's ever going to do), you'd never be aware that the sims's hair or makeup or accessories/shoes (the biggest CC the community excels at that EA sucks at) are not included, unless you were already familiar with the way content transfers over.

IMO best thing to do would be to either:
1) post a picture/link of the households/sims in question to a WCIF thread, so that the CC can be hopefully be identified for you
2) browse through MTS' sims uploads instead http://modthesims.info/browse.php?f=145&showType=2&gs=2 as they are good about listing what CC they use, and a lot of the time it's a .sim package that goes right in your Saved Sim folder, rather than a sims3pack that needs to be installed via the Launcher.

Thank you soo much :D