Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#7376 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
But, as an aside, I was never able to cause a real fire with the "Burn Something Nearby" command. Is that even possible?

The first time I found out that one of my sims had married a pyromaniac was when he set the sofa on fire autonomously, so it used to be possible at any rate.
But this was about the time that WA had come out, so it's had plenty of time to be changed at some point.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7377 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The first time I found out that one of my sims had married a pyromaniac was when he set the sofa on fire autonomously, so it used to be possible at any rate.
But this was about the time that WA had come out, so it's had plenty of time to be changed at some point.
The quest continues. As if my Sim knew about your reply he rolled the wish again, so I could try the pyromaniac route. Alas with questionable success. He set fire to a sink, I received the warning message about a fire on my lot, he looked at it for a few seconds and then went to bed; the fire went out on its own, but there wasn't even an option to extinguish it anyway, and the wish is still unfulfilled.
Scholar
#7378 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:00 PM
Two of my game-borns went to college and as usual when going to a new world, NRAAS Story Progression asked if it should be turned on and I said yes. Now all of the Uni sims are aging up to adult or elder! Is this something that happens with EA too or is this a "feature?" Does this mean that any other towns my sims travel to will have all their residents aged in time with my CAS starters? It's been a while since I stuck with a file long enough to have game born sims to send to uni or travel, so I never noticed this before. This is a real problem! All the sims are aging up to adult or elders and I'm not sure if it's some sort of demographics thing run amok or what! I kind of sent them there to find spouses and that's kind of a problem if my male sim is only finding elderly women or adult women who are like 5 days from aging up!
Top Secret Researcher
#7379 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 12:45 AM
Yeah... NRAAS SP while at Uni, vacation or in the future... as Nancy Reagan famously said...
"Just say no."
That doesn't turn it all off all of SP, but it gets most of it.
The great thing about Uni is that you can level up skills, get a degree for it, and not age.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#7380 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:23 AM
Well this is the stupid questions threads... is dance together a romantic action between two non-married Sims?

Most of the time I create a Sim couple, but have never seen it. This time I created a single Sim. He works in the Fire house in Twinbrook and Blaise Kindle asked him to dance together. He accepted, most likely because they are best friends, but since Blaise is steady with someone else (I forget who at the moment), I'm curious if she would be seen as "cheating" for dancing with my Active. (He's not married or in a relationship with anyone.)
Scholar
#7381 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Yeah... NRAAS SP while at Uni, vacation or in the future... as Nancy Reagan famously said...
"Just say no."
That doesn't turn it all off all of SP, but it gets most of it.
The great thing about Uni is that you can level up skills, get a degree for it, and not age.

I feel so dumb, but this has literally never come up for me before. Usually I get as far as marrying off the CAS sim and having a kid or 2 and then getting bored or distracted by something shiny. These are my Nothing is Free kids and they have already earned their lots so they're quite skilled... I was really looking for spouses for them and some partying. They've spent their whole childhood and teen years skill grinding, so I thought they could spend their Uni time grinding grinding...
Mad Poster
#7382 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:17 AM Last edited by igazor : 13th Feb 2018 at 5:41 AM.
There should be no problems running NRaas SP in Uni World or any of the others. In fact, many of us find that new students are not generated as needed and professors are never promoted either without it. Others do not always seem to have this issue.

The aging of foreign sims, one day each at midnight, is a world by world option in NRaas Traveler once back in your homeworld. Not SP. Sims should not be aging at all, anywhere, when active play is actually in Uni or another foreign world (not your sims' assigned homeworld) as the entire game's aging manager would for that trip be shut down. SP does not have the ability to override that, the Death:Allow Aging option just disappears. Only Traveler can cut through it.

I do prefer that foreign world aging is on, but only when I've rotated into my "main" household back home so that sims across all worlds that I don't play as homeworlds will age somewhat evenly. For the homeworlds worlds I do rotate active play into and out of, then I would want foreign world aging to always be off or else they will get away from me. On Uni, when faced with a geriatric aging out student population, it's time to bring in some fresh blood with SP's Rapid Immigration. A bit tedious perhaps, but (for me) part of the fun and I don't want my current Uni students or those about to enroll to be able to date the same sims their great grandparents did. Others will have different ways of coping with the population there.
Mad Poster
#7383 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Well this is the stupid questions threads... is dance together a romantic action between two non-married Sims?

Most of the time I create a Sim couple, but have never seen it. This time I created a single Sim. He works in the Fire house in Twinbrook and Blaise Kindle asked him to dance together. He accepted, most likely because they are best friends, but since Blaise is steady with someone else (I forget who at the moment), I'm curious if she would be seen as "cheating" for dancing with my Active. (He's not married or in a relationship with anyone.)

Regular dancing together is not a romantic activity, it's a social one. Neither is slow dancing, as far as I know, but the two sims do have to know each other pretty well and I've seen some of the same blocks on slow dancing ("Your sim doesn't want to slow dance with them") as on forms of romance, such as age blocking on Teen-Adult. But the result, the dancing itself, should as far as I know never kick up jealousy, cheating reputations, or other unwanted repercussions except for sore feet from being stepped on by an unskilled dance partner.
Scholar
#7384 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
There should be no problems running NRaas SP in Uni World or any of the others. In fact, many of us find that new students are not generated as needed and professors are never promoted either without it. Others do not always seem to have this issue.

The aging of foreign sims, one day each at midnight, is a world by world option in NRaas Traveler once back in your homeworld. Not SP. Sims should not be aging at all, anywhere, when active play is actually in Uni or another foreign world (not your sims' assigned homeworld) as the entire game's aging manager would for that trip be shut down. SP does not have the ability to override that, the Death:Allow Aging option just disappears. Only Traveler can cut through it.

I do prefer that foreign world aging is on, but only when I've rotated into my "main" household back home so that sims across all worlds that I don't play as homeworlds will age somewhat evenly. For the homeworlds worlds I do rotate active play into and out of, then I would want foreign world aging to always be off or else they will get away from me. On Uni, when faced with a geriatric aging out student population, it's time to bring in some fresh blood with SP's Rapid Immigration. A bit tedious perhaps, but (for me) part of the fun and I don't want my current Uni students or those about to enroll to be able to date the same sims their great grandparents did. Others will have different ways of coping with the population there.

I'm only having a few people travel until there's a large enough population that in-breeding isn't a problem and I don't have to make over a whole bunch of puddings to look interesting. My problem is that this is the first time that I've used Uni this file and they're all old. It's a bit weird to see an elder doing a keg stand, you know? Samir just rolled the wish to brew all the chemistry set potions, so I'm going to set him to doing that and then make up a bunch of "Young Again" potions as a service to the community. I don't want the next generation to travel to France and discover the entire world is empty and dead. If I were travelling regularly then having aging on makes sense to keep things up across the worlds, but I think that since I'm spreading my travel out across generations, that the world should be fresh for the first travelers to see. (if that makes sense.) So after this semester, they go back to the home world and NRAAS>Traveler> then what?
Mad Poster
#7385 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 6:43 PM
On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > Traveler > Ageless Foreign Sims > (select the connected worlds that you do not want to age).
Scholar
#7386 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:11 PM
Thank you!
Alchemist
#7387 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:03 PM
Are household bills calculated solely based on the value of property, or are other things taken into account?
For example, how many baths/showers sims take, how often they cook meals, do laundry, wash their hands etc.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#7388 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Are household bills calculated solely based on the value of property, or are other things taken into account?
For example, how many baths/showers sims take, how often they cook meals, do laundry, wash their hands etc.

Property, depreciation, and possibly how often your sims have slept with the tax collector. With the SP Money add-on module, the rates charged can be set to vary by caste so different rates can be arranged for different ranges of net worth if wanted.

Utilities are free in the TS3 universe.
Scholar
#7389 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 10:48 AM
I want to do a complete restart for my Sims 3, so I uninstalled all EPs and the base game. ...I also need to either delete or change the name of the Electronic Arts -> The Sims 3 folder for it to really be 'new', right?
Site Helper
#7390 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 2:07 PM
Umm....
Yes. And make sure the registry entries were cleaned up.
But you can usually get a clean start with the Sims 3 -Just- by removing or renaming the Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder unless there was something wrong with your game installation.

Although I suppose it's too late now to tell you that a complete reinstall of the entire game was probably not needed if all you wanted was a fresh start.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#7391 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 9:47 PM
Is there a way to see an inactive's work schedule?

My Sim is in the Investigator Career, and I'm curious to know if there is a way to see an inactives work schedule both to avoid accidentally dragging an inactive out of work to talk to them about the case, and also do trash digging while an inactive is at work.
#7392 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 9:55 PM
You can do this with MasterController Sim>Status>Career.

Or if you don't use MasterController but know the career and level of that Sims there are guides around that list all work schedules for all levels, like Carl's guides or sims.wikia.com
Mad Poster
#7393 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 10:30 PM
Thank you for the Information. I've used Master Controller for a long time, but didn't know about that function.
Scholar
#7394 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Umm....
Yes. And make sure the registry entries were cleaned up.
But you can usually get a clean start with the Sims 3 -Just- by removing or renaming the Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder unless there was something wrong with your game installation.

Although I suppose it's too late now to tell you that a complete reinstall of the entire game was probably not needed if all you wanted was a fresh start.

Eh, I figured I might as well do it. Although I've noticed my Sims 3 cover saying something when it's listed in Origin. But I can't read it, since it won't let me zoom in on the cover enough. (So, I thought there might have been something with the installation, despite clicking 'Repair Game')
Top Secret Researcher
#7395 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 5:33 AM
Is there a (relatively) easy way to tell which EPs were used to create an unfurnished lot?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
#7396 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 10:05 AM Last edited by Don Babilon : 19th Feb 2018 at 10:41 AM.
If the lot doesn't use any EP items then it shouldn't matter what EPs were installed.
If you mean whether there is an easy way to check whether any EP items were used, then the answer is no, I think. The Exchange does seem to have a system in place that checks for required EPs but I don't think that we have something similar available for us. And the Exchange is not fully reliable there either.

ETA: Aha, it didn't take long to find out what you were referring to, so I'll answer here: merely looking at the pictures I already spotted several EP items from AMB, LN and SHT, SN - SHT windows, AMB windows, LN columns, SN fences and I am not too sure about some of the wallpapers.
dodgy builder
#7397 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 2:15 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#7398 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 8:11 AM
Thanks Don and Volvenom!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
#7399 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 9:32 AM
Extremely stupid question, but a while ago I downloaded a custom world called Vökurò or Vokuro. The question is: Why?
It's an island with two lots, and the rest of the terrain is unroutable almost everywhere. But something about this world must have been special enough to prompt me to get it.
Top Secret Researcher
#7400 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 2:27 PM
Maybe you wanted to find the sailor who rediscovered the island (identified in the description) wearing that "pair of striking teal tights"
Page 296 of 385