Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Quick Easy Hair Binner - for hair, brows, beards - UPDATED 7/10/2011 v1.1.02

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 19th Feb 2011 at 12:28 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:54 PM by Nysha

255 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 161 Feedback Posts, 93 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 11
Instructor
#151 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 3:23 PM
Sorry, too much to read and I have a simple question. Tried your tool and it is fast and easy (DOS based?). I had only a problem, I cannot select any special folder, only from a list given by the tool and it is not possible to change (tried everything). The solution I got was to place the files in the desktop and proceed. It works but the problem is that this procedure causes a mess in the desktop and I hate it. Question: is it possible to configure the tool to find simply the "Saved Sims" folder? I use to have nothing in this folder and it is the easiest I have to make files classification. Of course I heard that many simmers have a totally messy Saved Sims folder. I don't, it is purely empty. If you include an option to find the Saved Sims folder, I have then the final solution for my case. Thanks.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#152 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
Sorry, too much to read and I have a simple question. Tried your tool and it is fast and easy (DOS based?). I had only a problem, I cannot select any special folder, only from a list given by the tool and it is not possible to change (tried everything). The solution I got was to place the files in the desktop and proceed. It works but the problem is that this procedure causes a mess in the desktop and I hate it. Question: is it possible to configure the tool to find simply the "Saved Sims" folder? I use to have nothing in this folder and it is the easiest I have to make files classification. Of course I heard that many simmers have a totally messy Saved Sims folder. I don't, it is purely empty. If you include an option to find the Saved Sims folder, I have then the final solution for my case. Thanks.

You CAN change directories. Just click .. to go up a directory. Go to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads and there's your CC. In a future version, I'll try to make it open there by default.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#153 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 2:08 AM
Thanks so much for making this!!! I kinda think since WW is slightly dated, a different tool was needed! It was crashing a lot of stuff. I feel like I'm kind of lost...is there no way to make a into the custom bin? Peggy specifically is notorious for putting purples and pinks in the red bin. I like them in the custom, is there something I'm missing?
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#154 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SelinaCat
Thanks so much for making this!!! I kinda think since WW is slightly dated, a different tool was needed! It was crashing a lot of stuff. I feel like I'm kind of lost...is there no way to make a into the custom bin? Peggy specifically is notorious for putting purples and pinks in the red bin. I like them in the custom, is there something I'm missing?

Do you mean WW was crashing, or my binner was crashing? If it was my binner, please give a link to the hair it had trouble with, will help me fix it in the next version.

There is currently no way to remove hair from red and put it in custom, but I may add something to let people do that.

Thanks for reporting.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#155 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 3:34 PM
This is Fantastic!
Thank you very much for this very useful and much needed tool!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#156 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 2:28 PM
Oh no I meant that after I had binned the hair with WW, if I tried to use it in game it would crash. If I used the compress option, the hair texture would be ruined afterwards, and if I didn't, the size of the file would be unusually massive. One thing which I'm sure you're working on already :-p, if I try to bin anything that has [name] the objects won't load. Hair,eyebrow, anything which is hard since a lot of alternative and asian creators use those [] in their titles
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#157 Old 2nd May 2011 at 9:47 AM
Thank you so much!! You know you´re spoiling us badly
Test Subject
#158 Old 4th May 2011 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
You CAN change directories. Just click .. to go up a directory. Go to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads and there's your CC. In a future version, I'll try to make it open there by default.

I have the same problem as well. I tried to choose this directory and do as you said, but it's as if my "my documents" folder is empty.
Test Subject
#159 Old 12th May 2011 at 7:34 AM
Hi COEG, love the hair binning tool, but it doesnt work on my game...... am i doing something wrong? I Get the file in saved sims and then i just put it in but it doesnt work
Top Secret Researcher
#160 Old 18th May 2011 at 10:48 AM
How useful, thank you!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#161 Old 18th May 2011 at 1:13 PM
Looking forward to your Mac version. This would be really great to have in the game.
Test Subject
#162 Old 19th May 2011 at 3:29 AM
Wow - This has been hugely helpful with the eyebrow situation. Thanks so much. I have run into two brows which cause it to crash, both from Helaene. Here is a link to the tweezed brow: http://www.helaene.com/brows.php.
Also her Auguste Brows, which I downloaded from this page: http://intensefeelings.livejournal.com/12788.html. There is probably a better way to do these links. Sorry for my ignorance.
Test Subject
#163 Old 23rd May 2011 at 3:25 PM
I feel like I'm missing something major... I open the hair binner, I go to add a package to one of the areas, I click on that hair, it comes up, I click okay. The preview area goes blank, and nothing happens. Multiple okay clicks give you nothing and thus you press cancel and are back to square one...

Possible conflict with Win7? *still trying to investigate*
Test Subject
#164 Old 23rd May 2011 at 9:01 PM Last edited by perlaena : 24th May 2011 at 12:10 AM.
This is an excellent program, but could only use it once in a recolor. because now I try but an debug error occurs and it closes
Test Subject
#165 Old 26th May 2011 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius

I'm having a similar problem. I CANNOT get to my Sims game folder when I try to upload/select a hair file in the binner. When I go to my documents, nothing shows up, even though I am sure that my EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads is all in the correct place. It doesn't show any folder in there.

Great tool, though!
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 5:50 PM
It's not working for me. It doesn't allow me to input any information. I downloaded the folder no problem. Clicked on the binner. It opens but just sits there mocking me as I click about here and there.
Test Subject
#167 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 8:15 PM
It's telling me that the archive or file is corrupted when I try to download it.
Instructor
#168 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 7:15 PM Last edited by Sadisticpyro : 9th Jul 2011 at 2:10 AM.
Thank you so much for this tool. It's a lifesaver for those of us who don't know the first thing about working with SimPE.

I've come across a problem while trying to bin Anva's Groomed Brows, however. Whenever I load the colours into the binner, the program crashes. It's worked so far for all of the other hairs that I've binned; not sure what the problem could be. I would appreciate it if you could look into this; thank you in advance!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#169 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 7:05 AM
SadisticPyro I have just got the binner working with Anva brows (and all the brows it already worked on). Have NOT uploaded the new version yet, but will do so this weekend. Thank you so much for reporting.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#170 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 2:11 AM
Alright, thank you for attending to the issue so quickly!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#171 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by demtay12
Hi COEG, love the hair binning tool, but it doesnt work on my game...... am i doing something wrong? I Get the file in saved sims and then i just put it in but it doesnt work

demtay12 The binner does not go in Saved Sims. Put the whole downloaded folder somewhere in Program Files or on your Desktop, doesn't much matter where. To use it, open the folder, then double click on the hair binner to run it.

Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#172 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 10:28 PM
Can't See Files?

Quote: Originally posted by wendy brune
I'm having a similar problem. I CANNOT get to my Sims game folder when I try to upload/select a hair file in the binner. When I go to my documents, nothing shows up, even though I am sure that my EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads is all in the correct place. It doesn't show any folder in there.

Quote: Originally posted by Tomi Lang
I have the same problem as well. I tried to choose this directory and do as you said, but it's as if my "my documents" folder is empty.

Try going down another directory, then back up. That shows the files for me. This is indeed an annoying bug. I have not found the cause yet, but hopefully the up/down workaround will help.

Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#173 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by perlaena
This is an excellent program, but could only use it once in a recolor. because now I try but an debug error occurs and it closes

Please let me know what the error message is. I cannot do anything if I do not know the error. Thanks!

Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#174 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SelinaCat
Oh no I meant that after I had binned the hair with WW, if I tried to use it in game it would crash. If I used the compress option, the hair texture would be ruined afterwards, and if I didn't, the size of the file would be unusually massive. One thing which I'm sure you're working on already :-p, if I try to bin anything that has [name] the objects won't load. Hair,eyebrow, anything which is hard since a lot of alternative and asian creators use those [] in their titles

You are right! The binner hates the [ and ] symbols in filenames, for some reason. However, if you simply change the filenames, the binner will work. I don't yet have a fix, but changing the names is a workaround. Thanks for reporting this!

example: change this

[nymphy] breadcrumbs_helga66-black.package

to this

nymphy_breadcrumbs_helga66-black.package

Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#175 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 12:15 AM
UPDATE (critical) - Version 1.1.02, July 10 2011

- bug fix: no crashing on old files like Anva and helaene brows
- bug fix: OK button works on filenames with [ ] in name
- bug fix: picking the .. directory always works correctly