Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2018 at 12:31 AM
Default Unconventional careers?
Hi all,

I've been playing TS3 ever since it came out, and I tend to get bored with the standard careers in the game. I was wondering if any of you ever have put your Sims in "unconventional" careers (meaning, careers that aren't the standard rabbit hole, Ambitions, and/or self-employed professions that are part of the game itself) using mods, Savvy Seller, creativity, and/or other means. If so, I'd love to hear them so I can have some ideas about things to try in my future games.

Custom careers would also work, although I think that I'm familiar with pretty much all of the ones out there.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 31st May 2018 at 12:54 AM
Ofcourse I do. I think every 3rd job I assign a sim in my household is of special employment. Ambitions is a great pack, and I even find the Showtime careers fun time to time. Or you could try play a game in which your household takes care of itself by growing harvestables and creating paintings and sell them.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st May 2018 at 1:36 AM
if you have pets I remember once doing like an animal shelter challenge I think? the main way my sim made money was by adopting cats and dogs and then selling them. with nraas consigner there's different prices based on age and bonuses or penalties for things like good or bad traits, all of which you can adjust. I'd usually have requirements before selling them, like needing to know a certain number of tricks.

I have the canning station so I once had a sim who sold homemade jam using savvy seller objects.

I've also had a sim couple buy a lot and then build and run a bar on it.

idk if this is your cup of tea, but I've used nraas woohooer to play prostitutes before.

I played another sim couple once where one made money moonlighting at bars and the other was a photographer.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 31st May 2018 at 3:16 AM
I've had games where the pets made the money, and their sims lived very well indeed.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 1:47 AM
You can also be a thief and steal from the rich.