Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#8826 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 10:36 PM
Maybe they're thinking of hot tubs?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#8827 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Maybe they're thinking of hot tubs?

Nope. My first run-in with Seasons' heat stroke, i couldn't figure out how to cool my sim down. There's not much written on the topic, and the game's instruction manual doesn't really give you many hints. I sent her for a shower, and afterwards, she flopped on the bathroom floor and passed out. When she got up, I sent her to her bed to sleep. She climbed into bed, went to sleep, and shortly after, got out of bed and passed out on the floor.

I know hot tubs increase heat, because I had an OFB nightclub with a hot tub room and a townie burst into flames, shortly after installing Seasons. Being a hot tub, with nothing dangerous anywhere near it, I did not have a fire alarm or sprinklers. The fire raged out of control because it started burning the area behind the hot tub, to which there was no access. The fireman kept running into the area, then turning around and running to the outside wall and back, stomping his feet that stuff was blocking his access to the flames. All my plants burnt down.

And i'm pretty sure I sent my sun stroking sim into the pool to cool off, but to no avail either. Perhaps i'm wrong on that... I could be misremembering. I'll defer to RoxEllen on that one. But bathing doesn't help at all. I DO believe that the OFB water wiggler sprinkler cools off sims' body temperature. Drinking water, though, seems to be the fastest and easiest way.

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#8828 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 10:57 PM
Well, the entire purpose of lemonade is to cool sims down, I would have thought that would be obvious? Also, before the Seasons patch there were a lot of bugs with the temperature code, IIRC.
Mad Poster
#8829 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 10:59 PM
I once forgot to apply the Seasons patch when reinstalling. Don Lothario burst into flames from sitting in the hot tub too long. Maybe he used too much hair oil.

(The Ottomases were okay though, because they were generated in a patched game.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8830 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 11:10 PM
Is there a way to be sure that the Ottomas babies are ok? I *think* I generated my current hood after applying all the patches, but I honestly don't remember anymore. Samantha Ottomas is wandering around the hood as a pregnant townie, and I wonder if at some point it might be nice to actually move them all into a house and play them, but I have no idea if the babies will be ok.
Mad Poster
#8831 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 12:26 AM
As far as I know, you would need to have some kind of pregnancy scanner. If Peter is the father then you did patch before generating the hood. If anyone else (or dogs if you have pets) then you didn't patch before generating the hood. ACR 2.0 has a pregnancy scanner, or the Sim Blender also has one, if you don't want to deal with a big mod like ACR.
Forum Resident
#8832 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 1:10 AM
Well, the entire purpose of lemonade is to cool sims down, I would have thought that would be obvious? Also, before the Seasons patch there were a lot of bugs with the temperature code, IIRC.

No, that's NOT the entire purpose of lemonade. It's +fun, +social, +§§§, +hunger and +cooking. It's also a kids activity that enables them to raise money. And it can use harvestable lemons. So it has a wide range of purposes. If the entire purpose of lemonade was to cool sims down, it'd be disastrous in the winter. And considering that it came with OFB, and NOT Seasons (which wasn't released until a year later), it was created without any effect on body temperature at all, cuz body temperature hadn't even been implemented yet. i'd say the only thing that's obvious is that you're wrong.

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#8833 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 1:13 AM
Hot tubs are a little weird anyway. Normally they do heat up sims, but if your sims are soaking in a hot tub outdoors in the winter they can get severely chilled. I've had sims come close to freezing to death while soaking in an outdoor hot tub in cold weather.

Another way to cool sims down is to have a water balloon fight with a friend. I've seen sims on very hot summer days/nights drop their temperature gauge into the blue and get chilled after being hit with a few water balloons. What do they use for those things anyway, ice water?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#8834 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 1:17 AM
you can also check with insimenator as well
Mad Poster
#8835 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
No, that's NOT the entire purpose of lemonade. It's +fun, +social, +§§§, +hunger and +cooking. It's also a kids activity that enables them to raise money. And it can use harvestable lemons. So it has a wide range of purposes. If the entire purpose of lemonade was to cool sims down, it'd be disastrous in the winter. And considering that it came with OFB, and NOT Seasons (which wasn't released until a year later), it was created without any effect on body temperature at all, cuz body temperature hadn't even been implemented yet. i'd say the only thing that's obvious is that you're wrong.

-gE
>=)

I'm talking about Seasons lemonade, not lemonade stands.
Mad Poster
#8836 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 2:47 AM
Can the OFB lemonade cool Sims down?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8837 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 3:08 AM
I just noticed a YA's thermometer turn blue after hitting the fruit punch barrel from University several times in a row. I don't know about the OFB lemonade stand - I don't use that very often.
Mad Poster
#8838 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 3:24 AM
I use this mod to give showers the option of cooling sims down. https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=286932
Forum Resident
#8839 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 3:47 AM
I'm talking about Seasons lemonade, not lemonade stands.

Ah, so ONE lemonade is OBVIOUSLY entirely for ONE purpose, but the OTHER lemonade is completely irrelevant. Obviously. Think quick now, Captain Obvious! Do ALL the juices from the juicer cool sims down, or is it JUST the entire purpose of lemonade exclusively?

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#8840 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 4:33 AM
I mean yeah, that was my understanding, that that was a quality of lemonade in particular. There's another juice that warms them up instead.
Mad Poster
#8841 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 4:34 AM
Tomato juice warms the Sim up.

Mad Poster
#8842 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 8:19 AM
There are a variety of different juices that can be made and each has its own effect (orange juice cures colds, strawberry lemonade makes you permaplat, etc.). I found a list of recipes attached to this thread at Insimenator.org.

I have an old mod by Monique that adds a menu item to the juicer itself so that all you have to do is click on the juicer to get the list of recipes, but I can't find it now. It doesn't seem to be among her mods here on MTS. (MQ_Squeezer_View_Recipes.package). The folder I have it in is named for Chaavik at Insimenator.org, but I can't seem to find the mod there either.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8843 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 10:22 AM
@RoxEllen1965 I found it http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,40343.0.html I wonder if that clashes with other juice mods? I want them all. :/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8844 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 11:15 AM
I don't think there's anything for it to conflict with. All it seems to do is display the recipe requirements. I think I'll get that BCON she mentions that can alter the juicer's capacity. The default juicer doesn't hold very much produce.

EDIT: Somebody in the support thread did find a conflict with another mod that increased the capacity of the juicer.
Mad Poster
#8845 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 3:32 PM
jfade has a juicer tweak that increases capacity to 300 and displays recipes, I use this: http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=33

Mad Poster
#8846 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 6:33 PM
Monique's BCON is set at 500 and is editable so you can change the capacity if you want more storage space (up to 9,999).
Alchemist
#8847 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 1:10 AM
after an alien abduction through a "dance" sphere, use of that particular occurrence of the object become disabled until the abducted character returns; or those abductions also be sent to lot's sidewalk like telescopes.
Alchemist
#8848 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 3:02 AM
Well, @joandsarah77, Here are the juice/juicer mods I use, and they don't conflict (I believe any mods editing the juicer pie menu will conflict):

I edited Gummilutt's Juicing enabled for children + jfade's Juicer Tweaks, so now the mod lets me:
-Check Recipe For.../[Juice Name] and am given an accurate recipe for the juice along with what it does (jfade)
-Check Current Stock and get a detailed report of all the amounts of various produce you have stored in your juicer (jfade)
-Hold up to 300 items instead of the Maxian default of 50. (jfade) --> I edited this in SimPE so that the juicer holds 10,000 instead
-Enable children to Make Juice and Serve Juice

That mod doesn't conflict with mike_1102's Juice Tray Mods /Fixes which makes the following changes:
1. Served juice trays never become spoiled/dirty
2. Juice trays can be placed in personal inventory and be given as a gift
3. Juice trays no long disappear after about 35 sim hours; they now can be placed on endtables and can be sold for 230 simoleons
4. Juice trays are sellable if there're still 6 servings left in the tray

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#8849 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 8:44 AM
I would use Gummilutt's Juicing hack, if only children could be made to not float in the air.
Alchemist
#8850 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 2:00 PM
What about coding it to stick a step stool under the kid, like the easel does?
Page 354 of 580