Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 9:59 AM
Default How do I remove the visual effects for a HoverBoard clone Magic Carpet?
Hi everyone!!!
I have one question.
I have made a Magic Carpet as a clone of the HoverBoard and I need to know how do I remove the visual effects with The Sims Resource Workshop or with Sims3Pe I guess.
Thank you very much.

[IMG][/IMG]
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 2:58 PM
It's within the script, so you should delete the effects from the script. OR, (because Effects just really depends on how EA made the objects) You can edit the RIG_ which usually includes effects as well. Usually it's called 'FX(something)' you want to delete that bone. You can do that with S3PE's addon plugins which you should open with 7 Zip, because WinRAR usually corrupts plugins like this one.

Just right click on the RIG file (when you open up your package in S3PE) and click 'bones editor'. Then, right click on the FX bones and click 'remove' and save your package!

Here is the plugin: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...s/859/index.htm
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 2:47 PM
Alternately, you could find the texture file for the effects and make the alpha map (controlling the transparency) completely black. This will make the effect transparent (and thus invisible).
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 6:08 PM
Hmmm... well say you deep cloned it in S3OC, it will come with the effects and it will be possible to do the 'black alpha' trick. TSRW however, does not always show effects. In fact, I even had TSRW deleting my effects, with... well the voodoo doll from the store. And usually in the tab next to 'mesh' (I forgot the name >-<) it doesn't always display the effects. So... TSRW and effects aren't really friends, unless it's an ANIM file.

Though, effects could come within the effect file that's merged together which are called 'VFX'. Then we got the ANIM files, which is more like a GIF but is pretty rare within the game itself. Then there are the effects that are within the bones, like in my reply above. And the last one is the one you're talking about, which is pretty common, but so is the VFX data within the bones, which are then linked with the effects within the SWB file (found in one of the Fullbuild.packages).

So... VFX/effects are basically chained with the bones, because... well unless you want to go into scripting your object to delete the effect, I would just go deleting the FX file within the bones. Or, depending on what kind of effect you got, another way. ^-^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 10:11 PM
Thank you both
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th May 2020 at 8:44 AM
Hi, sorry for bumping a really old thread, but I need help. I replaced the World Adventures train's mesh and texture (also the animated train effect was replaced too), but I want to get rid of the train's steam effect. How do we delete the VFX files within the bones? Couldn't find it in S3pe. I have all extras.