Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2551 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 7:23 AM Last edited by gazania : 6th Jul 2017 at 9:24 PM.
Once the contest is done and gone and I back up the game on another media (probably ye old-fashioned disk), I hope to crank up a vanilla game or two. The first one will not have NSL ... I want to see what the Walters file looks like (if it's indeed clean); mostly for my own curiosity. Then I'll get rid of that game and put in NSL and do things properly. I just don't like having more than a couple of games in my game folder. I know others have had up to seven or eight of them, though! But seeing how much trouble my machine initially had with two games (and really, I have no idea why ... my specs should have been sufficient), I want to make sure there is no longer any immediate use for the contest lots. However, I figured that I might want to crank the hood up for old time's sake now and again, so I'll save it.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2552 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 8:14 AM
I normally only have one game in my game folder, I store the other two elsewhere on my PC and change them around when I need to. It does give my a tiny problem - I need to reinstall the CEP for the OFB window recolors to show up - but then, I don't change folders around all that often. I mostly use my regular game folder, but a no-CC folder certainly makes some things easier.
Mad Poster
#2553 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 8:29 AM Last edited by gazania : 6th Jul 2017 at 9:25 PM.
We continue to learn new stuff from entrants here, it seems.

In the meantime, hug-bug, schmugbug! My community lot passed the beachy test!

One problem with lots having pools, basements and ponds is that on low-lying terrain, the lot can flood in the case of pools and basements, and you can get the beachy effect with lots containing ponds. (Unless you elevate the lot itself, and that's not always feasible or desirable.) There will be unwanted beach area all around the lot, and even if you try futzing around in hood view and getting rid of the beachy effect there, you'll still see the beachy effect in lot view. You can make the resultant mess look nicer (though not always the same as before) if you remove the lot and mess with the hood terrain cheat, but what if you WANT that lot there as is?

I have been fooling around with lots having ponds, and I find that you CAN put these lots on hoods with low terrain in many cases, but you have to be careful. After many clumsy efforts ... many, many clumsy efforts ... I think I'm getting the hang of it. I put this lot right near a beach on this low-lying hood, so this was definitely low-slung terrain ... and no beachy effect around the area!

Since my contest game had no beaches or low-lying areas, I was a little nervous.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2554 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 9:50 PM
@Justpetro put THIS package in all your various downloads folders: _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package and put the CEP extras folder in every one of your documents folders as well, and you don't have to reinstall CEP for every one of them
Mad Poster
#2555 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 10:12 PM
Thank you @gdayars I will do that let and I really appreciate this advice - it may save me some time in future
Lab Assistant
#2556 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 7:48 AM
Just wanted to thank everyone again for all the help and great ideas we've had shared throughout the competition. I've learned so much and think I've improved from my pink carpet for ceilings! lol
Still haven't gotten my game sorted out as I've been hit by the sleeping thing again and we've had a new addition to the family so all my free time has been taken up with that.
Hope all are well and here is a quick pic

Scottiedoag
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2557 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 7:28 PM
Enjoy him, Scottiedoag He is a very fortunate fellow to end up with you.
Mad Poster
#2558 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 7:47 PM
What-cha gonna name the little fluff-ball?

Just FYI - I'm mostly done judging. I've just got the "hard part" left - the comments. Oi!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2559 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 11:57 PM
Aww cute kitty.

Judging is coming along guys.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2560 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 3:18 AM
What about comments for play along R4? I'm still holding out hope that I'll get one of my fave emoticons for my last score.
Lab Assistant
#2561 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
What-cha gonna name the little fluff-ball?

Just FYI - I'm mostly done judging. I've just got the "hard part" left - the comments. Oi!

The other two we have were rescue cats and are called Coke and Pepsi so we went with another drink and he's called Bailey. We are all covered in scratches! I woke up with him on my head lol

Scottiedoag
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2562 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 1:15 PM
@Phaenoh I'm sure I did those days ago, but it looks like I failed to update the play along table.

Found them http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...595#post5230595 I'll update the table tomorrow.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2563 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 3:06 PM
@scottiedoag My cat is called Coke! Her brother was called Pepsi (he sadly died of cancer a couple of years ago, but Coke is still going strong at 16!). We used to have guinea pigs and they were all named after fizzy drinks (Fizzy, Mr Pop, Bubbles, Fanta, Sprite, Soda, Cherry!)

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#2564 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 3:12 PM
We had a border collie ( lived for 19 years) called Whisky - which probably won't surprise anyone around here Looks as if I should keep cans of tuna under the bar counter? Or yoghurt - my daughter's cat loves that.
Mad Poster
#2565 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
...Or yoghurt - my daughter's cat loves that.

Our troop loves yogurt - plain only - if it has any flavouring to it they walk away in a huff, like I've poisoned them or something! LOL!
Our name-scheme throughout the years has followed from Musicians to Music-Theatre/our favorite characters.

WARNING WOW!!! Click that [info] button up there at your own risk!
All that "creative writing" - - - I shoulda been writin' those dang comments instead.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#2566 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 6:26 PM
Enjoyed that, Cat This lady is called Kleintjie (Tiny) because she was a really, really tiny kitten and we hand-raised her. These days she is quite round and going on 7 years. She loves any type of yogurt and gets extremely excited when she sees anybody taking one from the fridge. People could probably write novels about every pet they ever had.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#2567 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 8:50 PM
Our jerk face, I mean cat, is named for a musician. His name is Lemmy because my husband wanted to name him after a bassist. (Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead) Only weeks after we'd named him did I realize we absolutely should have named him Flea (bassist for the Red Hot Chili Peppers). The other animals we've had through the years we named for musicians/singers as well. Except for Sadie, who was the first dog we ever got (and we still have, she's 13 now). She just looked like a Sadie. But or first cat was Mr Mojo Risin', Mojo or just Mo for short, named for Jim Morrison. Then we had a dog named Pearl for Janis Joplin. Currently we have Lemmy, Sadie and a dog named Lita (for Lita Ford).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2568 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 5:51 AM
Playalong table updated, did I miss anyone?

~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#2569 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 4:47 PM
Goldenbtfly's final round entry link, links to latest comment.I found it manually for judging but you may tweak it before the thread closes so anyone who is curious and looking through entries in the future can find it easy.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

retired moderator
#2570 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Playalong table updated, ...
YES!!!! BEST EMOTICONS EVAR! /me dances around like she won the whole contest... (but is actually doing the bad version of sim dancing where they throw their hands up in the air and then fall down)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2571 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 11:32 PM
Thanks Charmful.

Lol Phae. I took a wild guess that you wanted that sicne it was on your last post.

~Call me Jo~
retired moderator
#2572 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Lol Phae. I took a wild guess that you wanted that since it was on your last post.
Well, I thought I was being subtle enough, ... until you outed me....
Jo, if I haven't said it already, THANK you for hosting this wonderful contest. It was a pleasure to participate, especially in my own weird way. It helped bring me back to simming, and I am grateful to you. My 10-year creator anniversary is right around the corner, and now I won't miss it! :lovestruc

To my fellow contestants, a round of applause for all of you! I've seen some truly INCREDIBLE lots out of you all, and I hope to see even more of them uploaded in the future.
Jones, that fence was fab, thank you for letting me help with that. It's awesome.
Voeille, send me a PM when your contest goes live, I don't want to miss it!
Justpretro, thank you for the drinks! Um... I ... uh....appear to have left... my wallet.... at home, .... can I settle up my tab in the next contest?
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#2573 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 8:36 AM
Just a silly little thing, but scrolling through Tumblr, I saw this and thought of @Voeille 's lots
Mad Poster
#2574 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 9:39 AM
All drinks on the house now, Phaenoh

Voeille, I also intend to take part in your contest! Jones, that is a lovely place - makes me consider moving.

Yesterday I built some houses for my sims, and I honestly think my roof skills have improved! Somehow they just look a lot better than the previous ones.

Jo, thank you for all your hard work. Also, a huge thank you on behalf of the UC players for taking us into account.

Let's party on until the judges can join us (when we will get all of them AND the winner plastered )!
Screenshots
Scholar
#2575 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 9:47 AM
I’ll probably mention in the chat section when I’m ready with the contest, it might take a while before I prepare everything Good to hear you’ll join

It’s a great lace Jones, I would like to be there

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums

Page 103 of 106