Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 10:04 PM
As soon as I saw the title of this thread my thoughts matched Peni's exactly: everything.
Sims 2 gives you the freedom to do anything, there are no restrictions. You can create your own maps with SC4, place as many lots and decorations as you want, and make dozens of cool families. With mods you can place the lots anywhere and have way over 8 sims per household. The graphics are perfect, just the right amount of cartoon and beauty. You can play any way you want to, it's your world. Seriously nothing better.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 12:38 AM
Oh my- so many replies!

Now there is only one problem with TS2, and that's my graphics card won't let me play it. :/

Either way, I love all of the expansion packs and stuff packs. Unlike TS3 EPs and SPS, these actually add stuff to the game! Yes, I guess some EPs and SPs were good for TS3, but I always feel like it doesn't add enough.

I only recently got UL (April 2014) and I got bored with it an hour into the game. It felt... shallow. But TS2 games feel very deep, and it seems that TS2 sims' relationships are the same way, very deep. I feel like the sims actually have a connection between them, and not just animations like in TS3 (which adds another point, there isn't a lot of animations in TS3, like for chatting and whatnot).
Mad Poster
#28 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 12:57 AM
" But still, I believe that Sims 2 was the closest EA ever came to getting the Sims series right. And despite its flaws, it's the game I still play after eight years. (Another eight-year player!)"

Make that "is the closest EA will ever come to getting the Sims series right."

It was the one that had nearly everything included for free in the base game that's missing in TS4, from what I understand.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#29 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
Oh my- so many replies!

Now there is only one problem with TS2, and that's my graphics card won't let me play it. :/

Either way, I love all of the expansion packs and stuff packs. Unlike TS3 EPs and SPS, these actually add stuff to the game! Yes, I guess some EPs and SPs were good for TS3, but I always feel like it doesn't add enough.

I only recently got UL (April 2014) and I got bored with it an hour into the game. It felt... shallow. But TS2 games feel very deep, and it seems that TS2 sims' relationships are the same way, very deep. I feel like the sims actually have a connection between them, and not just animations like in TS3 (which adds another point, there isn't a lot of animations in TS3, like for chatting and whatnot).

@>> Alpal425 >> If the graphic card is keeping you from playing, maybe you should "Up Date" your driver / Card if it is a Nvidia card you can download your driver on there official site, it is always free. Or if you have a different brand do a Google search for the driver update.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#30 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
" But still, I believe that Sims 2 was the closest EA ever came to getting the Sims series right. And despite its flaws, it's the game I still play after eight years. (Another eight-year player!)"

Make that "is the closest EA will ever come to getting the Sims series right."

It was the one that had nearly everything included for free in the base game that's missing in TS4, from what I understand.

Make that...: "It is the one that has nearly everything included for free in the base game that's missing in TS4, from what I understand."

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#31 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 6:16 AM
Sims 1 is good. Sims 2 is an improvement. The problem with Sims 3 is that it doesn't feel like an improvement; it feels like a step back.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@>> Alpal425 >> If the graphic card is keeping you from playing, maybe you should "Up Date" your driver / Card if it is a Nvidia card you can download your driver on there official site, it is always free. Or if you have a different brand do a Google search for the driver update.

I updated to the latest already and whatnot. If you want to know more, you can probably find my other thread that asks about all about that driver stuff in the Sims 2 forums.

Sims 2 is the best, btw. :P
Forum Resident
#33 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Sims 1 is good. Sims 2 is an improvement. The problem with Sims 3 is that it doesn't feel like an improvement; it feels like a step back.

I agree, though I played Sims 3 for the first time a few weeks ago and noted several improvements, mostly in customization and ease of object placement, when comparing apples to apples. Other things like Story Progression and the somewhat more quest-driven gameplay I would say is a preference of style rather than an improvement.

However, the Sims in TS3 showed a lack of attention on EA's part and do feel like a step back, perhaps because EA put most of its focus on the Open World, which is a definite improvement of the series, though not the reason I personally want to play Sims. The reason I play is all about the Sims themselves.

The Sims in TS2 along with the quality and depth of the sandbox beat the other Sims games by a mile. I prefer the overall look (lighting, textures) of TS2 as well.
Test Subject
#34 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 7:07 PM
Um, whats not to love?
Okay besides all the ooey gooey feelings Sims 2 gives, I think what I love the most about it is the feeling of control. It must be the awesome mod community. I feel like I can do anything with my game. I once had a story about an alien kidnapped by a scientist, he did weird experiments on her, and had her locked up in his basement. ( Idk where I was going with that story but ehh?) One day I want to set a celebrity system in my game. Also for some reason ( I don't use careers) my Sims tend to stay poor, so I once built a homeless shelter. It helped them build skills and get on their feet. My favorite thing was building a thrift store, when Sims bought new furniture they never deleted the old ones, only put in their inventory and donated. Stuff was really cheap at the thrift store so my poor Sims could afford some furni when times were hard. I love having realism in my game, but at the same time I have a limit.

One of my favorite Sims is an elf who manages a farm for the town. I'm starting to get into medieval stuff so that's fun. ( Sorry for getting carried away) I guess it's just the control really, like what other game lets you do so many different things and caters to so many different play styles, of course a big thanks to the CC creators, but what other game? I've been playing since Sims 1, basically grew up with this series. Tried them all and after the years, Sims 2 still remains my favorite.

You should never come between a woman and her dream, and a man who never knew his place.

Livejournal
Mad Poster
#35 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barracuduh
My favorite thing was building a thrift store, when Sims bought new furniture they never deleted the old ones, only put in their inventory and donated. Stuff was really cheap at the thrift store so my poor Sims could afford some furni when times were hard.

I am really interested in a thrift store..but I would have no clue on how to even begin doing this. How do they "donate" their stuff? And how is it sold afterwards, is what's confusing me, and stopping me from having this in my game. Could you either PM me the tricks, or..posting it somewhere in a more appropriate threard please ? I'd love this.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 8:57 PM
I have a thrift store. My sims 'donate' by me making them selectable and emptying out their inventory. I then figure out roughly 10% and give them that with the wallet controller. The store sells all items very cheaply. Of course your sims who donated may just come and buy a heap of rubbish. I keep sims that I know are wealthy away.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#37 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 9:25 PM
I can make visitor selectable no trouble on a residential home business..but this kind of business would be better of as a community lot business, and I don't want to download that mod that makes the inventory available on community lots...

Test Subject
#38 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 9:33 PM
Joandsarah77 summed it up. The woman who ran the orphanage in my town also owned the thrift store, sometimes I'd let them keep some of the donated items like beds or toys if they needed them, and the rest went for sale in the shop. But, Yeah, I do run it as a community lot, so I do believe you need that mod. Is there something wrong with it for you? I don't think it ever gave me any trouble.

You should never come between a woman and her dream, and a man who never knew his place.

Livejournal
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#39 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 9:33 PM
While I do have the mod that makes inventory available on community lots (it's a good mod) for the most part I don't open it at the store but at her home. Basically it works like this. Sims A walks passed thrift store Renelle house. Renelle takes that to mean you have walked over to donate items. Renelle greets you and empties you of all your loot. The only time I have taken items at the shop itself is if someone rich like Malcolm Landgraab comes in, because he would hardly need to shop at a thrift store, so he must be there to donate. I play this in my hood that has townies and they sure do know how to donate.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#40 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barracuduh
Is there something wrong with it for you? I don't think it ever gave me any trouble.

Well, i downloaded it and ran the HCDU and saw it clashes with something else.
And since it seems to be easy to just empty another sim,s inventory by inviting him/her over well..why would I even need it? hehe

Mad Poster
#41 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 11:56 PM
I have a mod "make sim selectable" that you can use on any lot-and it's probably the one mentioned. It doesn't clash with any other hack that I'm aware of, and I've run innumerable tests of my hacks. Never shows up.

But playing a community lot of 'donated' goods almost always requires it-or even a pawn shop. Those pixels will buy their own junk back in a heartbeat. Stupid pixels.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 12:04 AM
Well, I decided how I am going to do this, and finally..it will be quite easy.
I already have hacked objects that let me select any sims (sim blender, cat statue, Merola's painting)
So to fill up my thrift store owner's inventory with second-hand items, I'll just manage to meet sims at home.
I won't need to be on the community lot business to do this.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#43 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 12:05 AM
Oh that's a good way to remove all that crap that they buy at other businesses Jo. Neat.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#44 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Oh that's a good way to remove all that crap that they buy at other businesses Jo. Neat.

Yeah..I used to do this at home business..I would make a sim who just brought a lot selectable..then take back everything..and resell it. How cruel..
Now I fell rather silly for not having thought of doing THIS..to create my second-hand stores. lol

Mad Poster
#45 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 7:39 AM
My Sims give the stuff in their inventories away as gifts the more rubbish they buy, the more gifts they can give to their friends Then those Sims have gifts to give away. Yet, if they buy something nice, they gift it to their children. So that, when my kids are grown up, they have a little bit of stuff already
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#46 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 8:30 AM
Things kept as gifts come in handy too, but when your children are teenagers and you have bought a crib and a bunny head at the baby store and none of your friends are having babies, out it goes as thrift. With how poor many of my sims are someone else will be in desperate need of those items.

Yes maxon it cleans out the crap.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#47 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 1:57 PM
Another thing I like about TS2..is that it is becoming old, therefore known also.
Tutorials everywhere..name it! There is at least 3 for everything. Meshing, body, hair or objects...hacking, modding, gameplay, tips & tricks.
You could be a new player in 2014-15..and be able to find everything you need to create for this game. Oldtimers like me are there to give advices on about anything.
Players get help, and "regulars" share what they know.
This is a great game.

Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 4:27 AM
Oh darn, I knew better than to read this thread. Anything that sounds this interesting, always gives you new ideas and/or more building to do.

Right after reading barracuduh's thrift shop idea, my mind was racing with ideas of how to open one in my game. And just as it hit me "they can gift it," I read Justpetro's same idea. Which brings me back on topic "What do you like about TS2?" My favorite part about TS2 is the OFB. I really enjoy running businesses, whether it is a produce stand on the edge of a farmer sim's home lot, or a 5 star eatery. I also love the fact each sims has their own personality.

I also, love MTS Sims 2 forums. The great talents of the creators gives you different ways of playing the same game over and over. If you run out of new ideas, just open up a thread and start reading it. Some wonderful poster will mention something and/or post a link and lead you into a new idea to add to your game.

So now I'm off to design a new thrift store to my game. Thank you all for the idea.
Page 2 of 2