2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6201 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 4:56 AM
I don't have a tutorial, but I know how. I write out instructions for you tomorrow. If no one else has by then

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#6202 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 4:43 PM
Probably been said before, but more dresses and skirts for male teens and adults. And by more, I mean more that are normal, everyday clothes and not "sexy".

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#6203 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 5:15 PM
Women need more masculine outfits that aren't suits, too. And elders need cross-clothing, period! A woman who's been butch her whole life is not going to suddenly change her style when she gets gray hair.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#6204 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Probably been said before, but more dresses and skirts for male teens and adults. And by more, I mean more that are normal, everyday clothes and not "sexy".
I think Charity has a few everyday male dresses/skirts. I think I downloaded a few of those.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Lab Assistant
#6205 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 8:20 PM
Besides the actually-fat-sims mod that I mentioned before, I'd also love so much for more musical instruments... le sigh. I've just found a playable harp and cello, but no such luck for a sax, trumpet or even a flute! My sims are already so tired of smacking the drums and bleeding their fingers out on the piano.
Maxis must have felt sooo generous to finally give us a violin...
Mad Poster
#6206 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 8:51 PM
PlumbobKeep, I think, has a playable recorder.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6207 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 10:10 PM
Tutorial is up @ihatemandatoryregister, in general modding tutorial section. Or anyone else that might want to default replacement the text of a memory

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#6208 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 10:42 PM
Thank you!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#6209 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 12:34 AM
What I've really wanted lately is something that makes it so that instead of passing out, sims at 0% energy will continue to stay awake, but with a zombified personality. I'm not sure if I'd want it to be maxis's completely blank personality or cyjon's -5 to each stat, but I'm leaning towards the latter. I'm also not sure if it should go on forever or only for a while until they finally pass out after a week or so of being a sleepless zombie.
Mad Poster
#6210 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leontinees
Besides the actually-fat-sims mod that I mentioned before, I'd also love so much for more musical instruments... le sigh. I've just found a playable harp and cello, but no such luck for a sax, trumpet or even a flute! My sims are already so tired of smacking the drums and bleeding their fingers out on the piano.
Maxis must have felt sooo generous to finally give us a violin...

Affinity Sims has some playable flutes. http://affinitysims.com/files/file/...layable-flutes/
Mad Poster
#6211 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 12:29 AM
It would be cool if pets were scared by thunderstorms like they are in real life. Thunder is so loud in this game that it sometimes startles me!
Mad Poster
#6212 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It would be cool if pets were scared by thunderstorms like they are in real life. Thunder is so loud in this game that it sometimes startles me!

In the Sims 3, if there's a thunderstorm, horses sometimes freak out and start running around. Cats and dogs get "startled" and often run back inside.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6213 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 2:16 AM
I have to ask - is the sound effect for thunder as loud and scary in Sims 3 as it is in Sims 2?
Mad Poster
#6214 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 2:18 AM
It's pretty loud, but doesn't shatter my eardrums if that's what you're asking.

Forum Resident
#6215 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 2:29 AM
Actually, so long as the topic turned to weather... I was talking to gdayars the other day and she suggested i post an idea here... I was wondering if it was possible to do some kind of ground overlay linked in to rainy weather, that would cover the ground with a mostly transparent, slightly reflective surface, to make the ground look wet. She said Voeille was the expert on that kind of thing and I should post here, in the hope that it is seen. I dont know if it's even possible, but this seems to be something of a wish list, and there's no limits on wishing, right?

I'm picturing an effect something like this:

Would it even be possible? Instead of a handful of puddles on the ground constituting "weather", this would give it more of a 'feel', you know?

I'm always looking for ways to make weather more... weathery. I still cant believe EAxis didn't give them working umbrellas, or have weather impact comfort if you're not properly attired for it... Splitting rain gear from snow suits. You wouldn't wear a fur coat cuz it's raining in August. And you wouldn't wear a slicker and galoshes in a blizzard!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#6216 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 2:32 AM
Well:
a) I've seen reflective mirror overlays for the ground: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...oors/id/546583/
b) Inge has a beach towel that only appears in sunny weather: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Voyaging.htm

Mad Poster
#6217 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 5:32 AM
Something like this maybe..
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=599512

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#6218 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Something like this maybe..
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=599512

That looks pretty cool!
The only problem I have with terrain paints is that once the terrain is changed, it's not easy to get it to look as did originally. So, if the effect is only temporary, due to a storm, then getting all the terrain back to normal can be a pain, especially if there are different types of terrain (ie: sand meets grass).
Now, if someone knows a trick to make terrain painting easier and more accurate, please let me know!
Also, before anyone tries to download the above link, just know that it's for Sims 4.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Forum Resident
#6219 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 7:00 AM
A mod to get rid of mystery customers/shoppers. I'm not sure what to really do about them...

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#6220 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 7:15 AM
Clumsy workaround, honestly: You can use Dolphin's Business Adjuster to pop up a warning and then use the VC to ban them: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=136990

Mad Poster
#6221 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
That looks pretty cool!
The only problem I have with terrain paints is that once the terrain is changed, it's not easy to get it to look as did originally. So, if the effect is only temporary, due to a storm, then getting all the terrain back to normal can be a pain, especially if there are different types of terrain (ie: sand meets grass).
Now, if someone knows a trick to make terrain painting easier and more accurate, please let me know!
Also, before anyone tries to download the above link, just know that it's for Sims 4.

If someone could make a hack that only showed the terrain paint just after rain they'd be very popular. XD
Scholar
#6222 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
A text replacement that changes Best Friends to "Good Friends," and BFFs to "Best Friends." Maybe I can figure this out myself. Does someone have a tutorial for text replacements?

I think Pescado made something similar once upon a time? It was called something like BFFs are for twelves.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#6223 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 12:39 PM
Of course this is for sims 4. just letting you know, this was possible to achieved.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6224 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
I think Pescado made something similar once upon a time? It was called something like BFFs are for twelves.

I thought that just prevents Sims from gaining new BFFs once they became teenagers.

Mad Poster
#6225 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I thought that just prevents Sims from gaining new BFFs once they became teenagers.

It does.
Page 249 of 582