Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6926 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Yeah that's right
Too bad!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6927 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Once you reach a certain level in painting there are options to paint portraits and still life (basically take a picture and then paint that); then there's also the "Paint From Memory" which is a picture you took with your cell phone.

However, if you can get the Save Cleaner version 1.1 then that's also an option, because that one doesn't delete photos.

Oh..this is good to know. I knew about portraits, but I never use the cellphone to take pictures..do I even know how? lol mainly, I'll use the camera that every sim has when you begin playing...or, I'll buy them the expensive camera from...which world? Anyway. Do pictures taken with something else than cell phone can be painted too?
I'll try to find an earlier version of Kuree's cleaner. Found it.
Thanks.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Site Helper
#6928 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:31 PM
The option to paint from a cell phone involves clicking the cell phone in inventory and finding an option to "Memorize Scene" Then an easel will give you the option to paint from memory. But it takes a reasonably high skill level to do it.

If you don't mind them not appreciating in value, you can get the poster loader and poster studio.
(http://www.modthesims.info/d/579395 and http://www.modthesims.info/d/579394)

Put your picture on the wall, then take a screenshot of it, from as close as possible and a straight ahead view.

Crop extraneous bits of the wall or anything else that shouldn't be there from your screenshot, size it to a 4x3 or 3x4 ratio, then use the poster studio to turn the picture into a poster. Now there is no worry about losing the picture, because it's in Packages.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#6929 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The option to paint from a cell phone involves clicking the cell phone in inventory and finding an option to "Memorize Scene" Then an easel will give you the option to paint from memory. But it takes a reasonably high skill level to do it.

If you don't mind them not appreciating in value, you can get the poster loader and poster studio.
(http://www.modthesims.info/d/579395 and http://www.modthesims.info/d/579394)

Put your picture on the wall, then take a screenshot of it, from as close as possible and a straight ahead view.

Crop extraneous bits of the wall or anything else that shouldn't be there from your screenshot, size it to a 4x3 or 3x4 ratio, then use the poster studio to turn the picture into a poster. Now there is no worry about losing the picture, because it's in Packages.

My sims are high!!!..by that I mean, their painting skill.
And thank you for the links..this is something I want to do since...ages. So many beautiful screenshots..too..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#6930 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 6:22 AM
Erm, I don't think think that either of them is pre-placed in the worlds they came with. I had to place them myself when I played these worlds for the first time.

As to whether the tree is fixed, there are mixed reports. Some say it's fixed, some say there are still issues, so I did it like you and simply left the tree untouched. When I installed Lunar Lakes I uninstalled the tree from it immediately after.

I will always defer to your superior knowledge Don. I really thought I remembered LL with several lots with the tree of prosperity already placed, but I haven't had the tree in my game for a long time, so I may not be remembering this correctly.

As for Hidden Springs- I know the team made a secret lot for the Fountain of Youth. Did they make that hidden lot, write the PR blurb about searching for the hidden fountain in the secret lot, and then not place the fountain in the secret hidden lot? Well, actually that is exactly something they would do.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
#6931 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 7:23 AM
I cannot even remember that there are any hidden lots in Hidden Springs.
Lab Assistant
#6932 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 3:33 AM
Are there any sims 3 hairs in the sims 3 store that do not belong or are attached to a set of some sort ?
Scholar
#6933 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 12:53 PM
I think there are some hairs that come with the Teen Clothes collection...
Top Secret Researcher
#6934 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CoffeenSimming
Are there any sims 3 hairs in the sims 3 store that do not belong or are attached to a set of some sort ?

Not sure what you are looking for or why but there are several sets from the store that do include hair styles. Some of these sets are:
Palace of Versailles
Live, Laugh, Love
Travel & World Style has several sets such as World Inspiration which includes hair styles.
Bohemian Garden
The Glitter and Glam set in Modern Luxury
Theorist
#6935 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 2:52 PM Last edited by tangie0906 : 25th Jul 2017 at 3:01 PM. Reason: corrected name of item
Just to add, I've always had to manually add the tree/fountain to the worlds in question when I've played them also. There are no 'hidden lots' in Hidden Springs - in fact hidden lots are a TS4 thing, not a TS3 thing.

What was supposed to be wrong with the Tree of Prosperity? I vaguely remember something causing problems but the details have escaped me.

Although I only use it in my games on occasion, it works fine for me. And always has, for that matter.

As for Sims 3 hairs in the Store, you can sort for those by clicking on Create A Sim > Hair. From there you can also sort by male or female hairs. As far as I know, all the hairs that are in sets are also available to purchase individually.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
#6936 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Not sure what you are looking for or why but there are several sets from the store that do include hair styles.

I have never browsed the Sims 3 store and I noticed as I looked at each individual item that it seems to be some how always attached to a set, so I was curious as to whether they had any items that were not attached to sets. I had a few sim points and was basically just looking at options
Theorist
#6937 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 2:56 PM
@CoffeeSimming, go to Store>Create a Sim>Hairs. http://store.thesims3.com/

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
#6938 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 6:34 PM
This is maybe a question for those who know CAW: in France there is this Catania Cafe; in-game it's tagged as Small Market like all the other shops, but when Sims roll a wish to visit a café this wish is only fulfilled when they visit the Catania. Now in my current game I replaced the default Catania with a modified one in Edit Town, it's still tagged as Small Market but the wish to visit a café cannot be fulfilled anymore. Why?

Come to think of it this amounts to the greater question how the game recognises the difference between lots with the same tag when, for example, a Sim rolls the wish to visit the Temple of Heaven or the Terracotta Army in China. They're both tagged as tombs.
Field Researcher
#6939 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 8:06 PM Last edited by LeeAlee : 25th Jul 2017 at 10:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CoffeenSimming

@CoffeenSimming - From my old spreadsheet, I have these hairs listed as individual hairstyles (EDIT: Not part of a set):

FEMALE:
Braids and Pigtails
Flat Cap with Tucked in Hair
Flat Cap with Medium Length Hair
Flat Cap with Long Hair
Ponytail and Ribbon
Long Wavy Hair
Bucket Hat with Tucked in Hair
Bucket Hat with Medium Length Hair
Bucket Hat with Long Hair
The Shuffle
The Beautiful Split
High Ponytail
Short and Choppy
Barrette and No Bangs
Dramatic Ponytail
Long Feathered
Bandana
Princess Tiara
New Years Hat for Her (seems like it would come with a holiday set, I'm not certain)
Just in Jest Hat
Short and Choppy for Girls (child age)
The Shaggy Look for Toddlers (female/male)

MALE:
The Shaggy Look
The Straw Boater Hat with a Shaggy Hairstyle
Spiky and Suave
Choppy Haircut for Men
Baker Man
The Cleaner
Mock Hawk
Bandana
All Banged Up
The Straw Boater Hat with a Choppy Hairstyle
Cool Chap Cap
Hip Hat
New Years Hat for Him (seems like it would come with a holiday set, I'm not certain)
Just in Jest Hat
The Shaggy Look for Boys (child age)
Choppy Haircut for Boys
Spikey and Suave for Boys
The Straw Boater Hat with a Choppy Hairstyle for Boys
The Straw Boater Hat with a Shaggy Hairstyle for Boys
Bucket Hat for Boys
Baker Boy
The Shaggy Look for Toddlers (male/female)
The Tiny Spike
#6940 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 8:42 PM
Unless a hair is part of a venue or world it can always be bought separately.
Site Helper
#6941 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 9:12 PM
This is maybe a question for those who know CAW: in France there is this Catania Cafe; in-game it's tagged as Small Market like all the other shops, but when Sims roll a wish to visit a café this wish is only fulfilled when they visit the Catania. Now in my current game I replaced the default Catania with a modified one in Edit Town, it's still tagged as Small Market but the wish to visit a café cannot be fulfilled anymore. Why?

Come to think of it this amounts to the greater question how the game recognises the difference between lots with the same tag when, for example, a Sim rolls the wish to visit the Temple of Heaven or the Terracotta Army in China. They're both tagged as tombs.

My completely inexperienced guess would be that it's looking for a specific object in the lot, which hopefully is not the actual building. (Although it very well could be.) But it might be related to the way that a picture of a theater only counted the theater in Sunset Valley for the photography collection.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#6942 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
My completely inexperienced guess would be that it's looking for a specific object in the lot, which hopefully is not the actual building. (Although it very well could be.) But it might be related to the way that a picture of a theater only counted the theater in Sunset Valley for the photography collection.
That was my initial thought, too, but the new café was actually only an enhanced version of the original building and I checked that nothing had been deleted from the new version from the bin that wasn't also in the original one. I thought that maybe the register defines the lot as a café but that wasn't it either. I then just made the changes anew and built and furnished on the original lot (had to go back to an old save) in my current game and it retained its status as café. So the refurbished lot is still a café while the lot from the bin which is almost exactly the same is not. Either it is a hidden object or token, like the "Beautiful Vista" property perhaps, or maybe a hidden lot tag that is not available by normal means?
Top Secret Researcher
#6943 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 5:48 AM
To make a custom lot into a Showtime venue, I know you need the Showtime stage. Is it necessary to place the "Audience Zone markers" and the 'Proprietor marker" for it to function properly? Thanks!

New at Simszoo
#6944 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 8:12 AM
As far as I know you don't need the proprietor marker; the stage object will spawn the proprietor, while the marker is just for convenience to give the proprietor a place to stand and to return to. If the lot is large the marker is quite helpful because otherwise you might end up with a proprietor who stands at the farthest corner behind a bush.
The audience zone markers, on the other hand, seem to be necessary if you want people to watch a performance. From my experience only those Sims who manage to get a seat or place within the zones will watch the stage; those who don't can't watch and will leave after a while. Keep in mind though that this marker can only hold two Sims at a time, regardless of whether they are seated or standing. So three markers eventually means that your audience is 6 Sims maximum.
Top Secret Researcher
#6945 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 6:16 PM
I'm fiddling with Kuree's CASP editor and I have a question:
If a hair is not enabled for outerwear, should enable it? A lot of the Basegame hairs are not. While I'm not really using most of them for my main families, I am wondering if that means I wouldn't see them on the rest of the population during colder seasons either. I have never paid attention, though, so I'm really not sure.
Actually, it looks like a lot of them aren't enabled for Maternity either. That doesn't seem right.
Top Secret Researcher
#6946 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I'm fiddling with Kuree's CASP editor and I have a question:
If a hair is not enabled for outerwear, should enable it? A lot of the Basegame hairs are not. While I'm not really using most of them for my main families, I am wondering if that means I wouldn't see them on the rest of the population during colder seasons either. I have never paid attention, though, so I'm really not sure. Actually, it looks like a lot of them aren't enabled for Maternity either. That doesn't seem right.

Enabling or Disabling CAS items is up to what you would like to see in your game. If you want hair enabled for outwear for other sims to have you'll need to check the box for that. If you are not using specific hairs they will randomly appear on other sims as long as the "Valid For Random" box is checked. Not sure if you've seen this page: Blacklisting Made Easy. Hope this helps somewhat
Top Secret Researcher
#6947 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 2:31 AM
Thanks! I just get confused when a hair shows up and it is not enabled for maternity and I'm fairly certain it would be. However, the same hair then shows up later with different categorization. Which seems redundant.

For example, some hat hair is enabled for Career and Everyday and then further down the list, it shows up as all categories but not career. So, I think what I'm asking is: why do they show up more than once with different categorization?
Top Secret Researcher
#6948 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 4:48 AM
Thanks Don!

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#6949 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:10 AM
attuned, it's recommendable to use the proprietor marker to have control over where the p. spawns. Especially if the stage is not accessible on all sides or narrow corridors are close, the p. likes to spawn in the most inconvenient places and throw routing tantrums.
dodgy builder
#6950 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 5:12 PM
attuned: I remember when I made Stranda, I had to google a lot. I made a stage in a park with the bench and table, with the square p marker it didn't work. It has to be the right benches if you want them to sit. I was a bit annoyed by that when I made my opera, because they arn't really pretty.

You can also make your own big stages with the massive stage object. I think I used it in the opera.

There is one massive drawback with the big stage lot zoning though. It's basically a rabbithole. I made it onto the second biggest stage types, and told downloaders to change it if needed.
Page 278 of 385