Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#8751 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 2:24 PM Last edited by Charity : 17th Aug 2017 at 2:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
There is a problem with a bone assignment on the right foot, if i remember right, and at the ankle..on ALL meshes, since that probably got missed and then used on everything..

Wait, all meshes? All teen female meshes? All bathrobe meshes? I have now spotted it on the adult female bathrobes too. Did anyone ever make a tutorial to fix it?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#8752 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 10:57 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make dorms and community lots lag less? It takes almost 15 real minutes to get off community lots and I have to repeatedly delete dormies with moveobjects to make it even playable. The other sims don't even do anything. They just stand around. I've been having this problem on every computer I ever owned. Also, these aren't custom lots. They're shipped with the game lots.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#8753 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 10:58 PM
Make them smaller. There should also be a way to decrease the number of non-playables on it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8754 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Wait, all meshes? All teen female meshes? All bathrobe meshes? I have now spotted it on the adult female bathrobes too. Did anyone ever make a tutorial to fix it?

Well, what I noticed when I edited the toddler feet mesh, was that it had errors. Knowing that one mesh was made(adult) and then scaled down to accommodate all ages...it was only fair to think, all had these errors. I fixed it on my toddler feet mesh edit, but I won't fix it on everything.
I will open that teen female mesh in Milkshape and take pictures to show you how to fix it, if you want.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#8755 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyokoGirl5000
The other sims don't even do anything. They just stand around.

They stand around like they've lost their autonomy? Have you tested in a vanilla environment to see whether they exhibit that same behaviour? Maybe you have some kind of CC conflict?
Field Researcher
#8756 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
They stand around like they've lost their autonomy? Have you tested in a vanilla environment to see whether they exhibit that same behaviour? Maybe you have some kind of CC conflict?

Just tested it without my Downloads folder and they move around again. I don't even know where to start looking with my mods...

Mad Poster
#8757 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 1:56 AM
Then you need the 50/50, as outlined in the FAQ. It's tedious, but doesn't take as long as you think it will.
Basically, you back up your game and divide your downloads into two more or less equal parts. Put one in, test. No problem - there's half your downloads eliminated right away. Problem - ditto, since you know the problem's in this half, you don't have to test the other half at all! Divide the problem half into two parts, lather, rinse, repeat.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#8758 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 2:02 AM Last edited by LyokoGirl5000 : 18th Aug 2017 at 2:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Then you need the 50/50, as outlined in the FAQ. It's tedious, but doesn't take as long as you think it will.
Basically, you back up your game and divide your downloads into two more or less equal parts. Put one in, test. No problem - there's half your downloads eliminated right away. Problem - ditto, since you know the problem's in this half, you don't have to test the other half at all! Divide the problem half into two parts, lather, rinse, repeat.

Thanks, I'll do that.

Edit: Wow, you're right. I've already found the folder my bad CC is in. That didn't take long at all!

Edit: And the answer is some mod I installed years ago and completely forgot about.

Mad Poster
#8759 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 2:05 AM
Question: I'm about to do a 50/50 to see if I can isolate an issue. Though I want to get a better idea of what's going on. Does anyone know what this error means? It happens on both occupied and unoccupied apartment lots.

Quote:
Object id: 186
name: Controller - Apartment
Stack size: 5
Error: Problem executing script (Apartment - Update Object Copies): Run-time:
(none):0: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
(none): in function `ClearLotApartmentObjects'
(none): in function `Apartment - Update Object Copies'

Iterations: 1
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 1
Tree: id 4175 name 'CT - Run On Save' version -32755
from Controller_Apartment
Prim state: 5
Params: Locals:
Frame 3:
Node: 0
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Params: Locals:
Frame 2:
Node: 0
Tree: id 280 name 'Idle' version 2
from global
Prim state: 0
Params: 0 Locals:
Frame 1:
Node: 1
Tree: id 367 name 'Idle - Minutes' version 1
from global
Params: 30 Locals:
Frame 0:
Node: 8
Tree: id 4097 name 'Function - Main - Apartment' version -32669
from Controller_Apartment
Params: Locals: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 28 6 0

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8760 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 5:58 AM
@Charity
I wrote a small tutorial for you, so you can fix your teen female K&B bathrobe mesh...or any meshes for that matter.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
it's under a spoiler because..pictures.

Mad Poster
#8761 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 7:51 AM
Thanks. That's really helpful. Was that the same problem you found when you changed the toddler feet?
Mad Poster
#8762 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Question: I'm about to do a 50/50 to see if I can isolate an issue. Though I want to get a better idea of what's going on. Does anyone know what this error means? It happens on both occupied and unoccupied apartment lots.

No idea, but if you figure it out I hope you'll share. I have the same problem, I think. Error log looks about like how I remember it. Haven't had the energy to deal with it.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Test Subject
#8763 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 4:00 PM
With Cyjon's townie apartment neighbors mod, does anyone know how to control which townies move into which apartments?

(Meaning the specific rooms, as I'm pretty sure I can get them in the building I want by getting them to move in while there are no other available townies, right?)
Mad Poster
#8764 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 4:59 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 18th Aug 2017 at 5:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Thanks. That's really helpful. Was that the same problem you found when you changed the toddler feet?

No actually, not as bad.
On the toddler, I fixed only the assignment between foot and calf, because skin would get stretch when their feet was in a tip toe position. I know that error also occur on children, have them slide down the playground slide and look at their ankles (front of leg) you'll see.
So my theory about same meshes same errors might be wrong. They aren't as bad, but they might all have that tiny error.

You cannot control who moves in which unit, not more than you can when you have NPC moving in. What you can do though, is having all other units occupied by your sims..leaving just the one you want occupied by a townie...same would work with NPC tenants.
I have this mod by Cyjon, and I have no control on which townie moves where.

Instructor
#8765 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 9:50 PM
Just been setting up all the families in my Pleasantview, taking down details and stuff and I noticed that Coral Oldie didn't have an LTW. I tried re-rolling it with InSim and she still didn't have one, but when I added a secondary aspiration (fortune) she rolled a fortune LTW instead of a family one. Basically my question is, should I be worried? I know that buggy LTWs can be a sign of neighbourhood corruption, but I'm 99.99% sure mine isn't corrupt because I'm using clean templates, have all the anti-corruption mods, and don't do anything bad. I'm using the subhood version of Pleasantview, and I might have Pescado's LTW sanity but I'd have to check to be totally sure.
Mad Poster
#8766 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 9:59 PM
Rolling one for a secondary is normal. Why she didn't have one in the first place is an interesting question I don't know how to answer.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8767 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 10:07 PM
She was made in the Base Game. Lifetime Wants were added with Uni, so sims from pre-Uni don't come with LTWs and will roll one when you first play them. It takes a few game minutes to kick in so if you're quick to check you might see them without one.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#8768 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a_az13_a
Just been setting up all the families in my Pleasantview, taking down details and stuff and I noticed that Coral Oldie didn't have an LTW. I tried re-rolling it with InSim and she still didn't have one, but when I added a secondary aspiration (fortune) she rolled a fortune LTW instead of a family one. Basically my question is, should I be worried? I know that buggy LTWs can be a sign of neighbourhood corruption, but I'm 99.99% sure mine isn't corrupt because I'm using clean templates, have all the anti-corruption mods, and don't do anything bad. I'm using the subhood version of Pleasantview, and I might have Pescado's LTW sanity but I'd have to check to be totally sure.

Pescado's LTW sanity prevents certain LTWs from rolling if they're not possible or make no sense (elders can't get adult jobs and it probably also blocks the 3 kids in college/6 grandchildren want for elders). In my game, Coral Oldie also didn't roll a LTW. I simply used the Sim Manipulator to cycle through all possible LTWs until I found one that worked.

Instructor
#8769 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Pescado's LTW sanity prevents certain LTWs from rolling if they're not possible or make no sense (elders can't get adult jobs and it probably also blocks the 3 kids in college/6 grandchildren want for elders). In my game, Coral Oldie also didn't roll a LTW. I simply used the Sim Manipulator to cycle through all possible LTWs until I found one that worked.

That makes sense, thank you! (and thank you to everyone else too) I just get so paranoid every time something slightly weird happens in my game!
Alchemist
#8770 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 10:35 PM
wall types.
are diagonal pool walls considered same as or different from straight pool walls?
can any half-wall properties be changed? if so, how?
Mad Poster
#8771 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 10:42 PM
Weird, first time I've encountered this, but I have an apartment lot where the school bus doesn't come. It shows up fine in the afternoon and carpools come as usual. Past threads seem to suggest this was fixed in a patch, but I'm playing UC, so no patch needed, surely?

Mad Poster
#8772 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
wall types.
are diagonal pool walls considered same as or different from straight pool walls?
can any half-wall properties be changed? if so, how?

Different how? People don't swim through them, if that's what you mean.

Instructor
#8773 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Weird, first time I've encountered this, but I have an apartment lot where the school bus doesn't come. It shows up fine in the afternoon and carpools come as usual. Past threads seem to suggest this was fixed in a patch, but I'm playing UC, so no patch needed, surely?

Is it one of the premade apartment lots? Some of them have a lot of issues from what I've heard.
Mad Poster
#8774 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 11:58 PM
Not sure. It's one I downloaded but it's a makeover of the premade one where the Cho and Riley families live. So possibly it came from that originally. I had to delete some custom plants from there because they kept throwing errors so maybe. Oh well.

Mad Poster
#8775 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 12:01 AM
I know that Main Street Mobile Homes is fudged up. Whenever I modify it in the slightest, even changing the flooring, it will end up crashing - even in a no CC environment. I tore it down, replaced it with a version here on MTS, and moved Jessica Peterson to another building entirely (something tells me she wouldn't go back there after coming across a nasty bug infestation--get it?)

Page 351 of 1347