Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#8776 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 12:58 AM Last edited by gazania : 19th Aug 2017 at 1:17 AM.
I'm still chuggin' along on my community lot. I want to put a stocked aquarium on the lot that Sims can view. Toddlers actually enjoy looking at the fishies.

This will not be a required download. A Sim can easily visit the lot and stock the tank for 300 Simoleons. But once the Sim leaves, the fish disappear. A Sim has to stock the tank each time.

Now, I did find this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=314002, and it appears to solve my problem. But is there a way to cheat the fish in there without the mod? As far as I know, there isn't such a mod as "automatic stocking", but I thought I'd ask. Just because I never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist! I would have to check InSim or the batbox to see if that feature is already in there, but as far as I know , it is not. I prefer to be really careful putting non-essential mods in games because sometimes, the mod also affects something else. However, if that's the easiest way to deal with the disappearing fish, I'm grateful for it.

in a pinch, I suppose I could generate enough funds to stock the aquarium using the Insim cash register so the Sims won't have to pay out of their funds. That would be another non-required option.

Since I have a large "Discovery Center" in my game that has a fuller aquarium, knowing if there is a way to use cheats to keep the tanks stocked will be useful for other reasons as well. Thank you in advance!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#8777 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 1:05 AM
Does anybody else have weird issues when going into tab-mode on FM in Downtown? Whenever I do, the camera pops below the lot. It's kind of a pain trying to take pictures. I vaguely remember having issues even before installing a camera hack too.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#8778 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Weird, first time I've encountered this, but I have an apartment lot where the school bus doesn't come. It shows up fine in the afternoon and carpools come as usual. Past threads seem to suggest this was fixed in a patch, but I'm playing UC, so no patch needed, surely?

This had happened to me, but I think it was a mod conflict with all my homework and school bus mods. Do you have TwoJeffs' School Bus/Bring Friend hack? For me I think it was a load order issue that was causing it.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#8779 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 4:18 AM
I have a canteen stove that isn't spawning a server.

It's in the common area of an apartment building/barracks and has spawned the server in the past. I don't have any mods that would prevent the server from spawning, unless InTeen does something (can't think why it would, but it's the only thing I've added since the stove last worked).

Sims also can't use it, and are having to "Make...single serving...," with a very limited list of options (cereal and lunchmeat sandwich, available at all times, and cup o'ramen if they have a microwave in their room).

Boolprop reset as usual does nothing, and if I delete it I won't be able to replace it.

On the bright side, I actually quite like that my Sims have to pay for their food, but I wish they had a wider range of options. There are no berry bushes on the lot, so I'm afraid they're all going to end up with scurvy!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8780 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 4:46 AM
I would start by checking to see if it spawns on another test lot, if it doesn't make a backup and remove your Download folder and see if one will then. I use the cook top patch so one spawns on any lot. I'm not sure one should spawn on an apartment lot without the patch.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8781 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 5:29 AM
In Tarlia's cleaned Riverblossom Hills, Rose Greenman rolled the want to be cured of being a plant Sim. I used the Sim Manipulator option to cure her and Daisy. I'm noticing that Rose and Jason don't have the options to teach Daisy to walk and talk. Is that normal? I don't want to have to go looking through mods, if its related to her being a former plantsim baby/toddler.
Instructor
#8782 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 5:34 AM
plantsim toddlers already know how to walk and talk
Top Secret Researcher
#8783 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I know that Main Street Mobile Homes is fudged up.

Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. My Jessica Peterson still lives there, no issues at all.

In another neighbourhood, I tried to have Julien Cooke, fresh from the bin, live there, the lot kept crashing.

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Does anybody else have weird issues when going into tab-mode on FM in Downtown? Whenever I do, the camera pops below the lot. It's kind of a pain trying to take pictures. I vaguely remember having issues even before installing a camera hack too.

I've had that happen at the Maple Springs Pool and Spa only, very annoying. I haven't seen it in a while, and I'm not sure what causes it either.
Mad Poster
#8784 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
plantsim toddlers already know how to walk and talk

Thank you. I don't play with PlantSims very often, so I didn't know if she was already was supposed to know how or not.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8785 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 10:48 AM Last edited by maxon : 19th Aug 2017 at 11:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Now, I did find this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=314002, and it appears to solve my problem. But is there a way to cheat the fish in there without the mod? As far as I know, there isn't such a mod as "automatic stocking", but I thought I'd ask. Just because I never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist! I would have to check InSim or the batbox to see if that feature is already in there, but as far as I know , it is not. I prefer to be really careful putting non-essential mods in games because sometimes, the mod also affects something else. However, if that's the easiest way to deal with the disappearing fish, I'm grateful for it.

I do have a mod where you can buy the aquarium fish though I can't find it just now. I'll keep looking.

Edit: OK worked out they were made by Marvine but I haven't found the page yet. I have to go out shopping now but I'll come back later. Maybe someone might have found those in the meantime.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8786 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 12:41 PM
My main street mobile homes seemed fine in my last version of BC.

I do have Twojeffs' school bus hack, but I've had it for years and years, commonly play apartments, and have never seen this bug before.

About the aquarium, what about cloning it in SimPE and changing the restock cost to £30, then pretending it's an entrance fee? Change the name and GUID so that it's a community lot specific version.

BlueAlien, check you have a proper fridge and not the Mmmmm Mini Fridge. If you want one the same size which can hold all foods try Targa's Superfridge.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8787 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I do have a mod where you can buy the aquarium fish though I can't find it just now. I'll keep looking.

Edit: OK worked out they were made by Marvine but I haven't found the page yet. I have to go out shopping now but I'll come back later. Maybe someone might have found those in the meantime.

Ahah found them: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,72928.0.html

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8788 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:00 PM
If one household moves a service NPC (maid, nanny, etc) in, what happens to the other households that had that specific service NPC? Does it stop, or does another one show up?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8789 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:09 PM
Another one shows up.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8790 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:17 PM
Same if your sim is friend with their maid, and invite him/her over before 10am. Another maid will then be called in/created when the time for the maid to arrive will come, usually..10am.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#8791 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Different how? People don't swim through them, if that's what you mean.
was (and am) wondering if the game considers the 2 wall types same or different.
mainly their index numbers.
Test Subject
#8792 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:40 PM
can someone help me? I can't figure out how to post a thread for myself (stupid, I know -.-) please help me
Mad Poster
#8793 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiyanarrlana
can someone help me? I can't figure out how to post a thread for myself (stupid, I know -.-) please help me

You need to have a certain number of posts (it's only like 5 IIRC) before you can start your own thread in the forums. There are also some forums (challenges, stories, etc.) that new threads have to be approved by the mods before they'll go up.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Alchemist
#8794 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:55 PM
about making a specific recurring NPC playable, all households that hired him/her would generally get a new NPC of the same type.
I take rarely for an already made one of same type to come.

about posting at this site; probably check at the bottom of the section's page. it would tell whether you are allowed to post or not.
if you are allowed; all sections I take have a green button for new threads.
Mad Poster
#8795 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 11:05 PM
Kiyanarrlana is a new member and only have 2 posts so far. Zara's explanations fits just right.

Mad Poster
#8796 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 3:22 AM
Is there any way to get a count of the current number of wall segments on a lot? It'd be nice to be able to tell in advance how long you have left before you run into a wall limit when you're working on some huge projects...

Mad Poster
#8797 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 3:24 AM
There IS a wall limit?

Mad Poster
#8798 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 4:25 AM
The wall limit is either 2000 wall pieces (according to the wiki) or 2100 wall pieces (according to ScaryRob).

The wiki recommends using Numenor's unlevel walls since the game considers them a different type. They have their own 2000 piece limit separate from the regular walls.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=59793
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8799 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 4:25 AM
Yes, you can get around it by using half walls or I some CC walls. I've never built anything large enough to hit whatever the limit is, think cathedral or Zar lots. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8800 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 5:31 AM
Which of course doesn't work for me and my no-cc philosophy... I foresee lots of greenhouse walls and spaces demarcated by half-walls without actually being separate in this lot!

But is there no way to get a count of the existing number of walls?

Page 352 of 1347