Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

Phantomknight

There are also 2 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 1:58 PM
Replies: 8822 (Who?), Viewed: 189862 times.
Page 353 of 353
Scholar
#8801 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 8:48 PM
AnyGameStarter.
if full game is completely patched when an AnyGame is installed, would the AnyGame also be patched regardless of the pack combinations of the AnyGame?
Lab Assistant
#8802 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 8:50 PM
@Justpetro I know how the stove is spawned. He was just hanging around in the dorm, browsing on the internet about nature and then he said "goodbye" and left and I thought at that moment that I was screwed, lol. I've had nannies say goodbye and leave before but only after I'd made them selectable like an idiot. I didn't mess with the cafeteria worker, though.

Lili975 the dormie did write my term paper, yes. Then he hung around until he got good and smelly and left and if he went to hide in his room or leave the lot to "go to class", that would be normal behavior but he called me a bad host (which, how dares he) and said he was packing up early, like he was a bon voyage townie. I put that and the cafeteria worker saying goodbye together and I figured I'd placed poor Rashida in an exceptionally buggy dorm, that's why I mentioned him. I will try a mascot next time, although I did try to make the cow mascot finish my sim's assignment and she beat her with a pillow instead.

maxon that's good to know. You know, I never trusted him because he's an NPC and you get too many social options with him, so I stayed away from him just in case. I just started making sims work in the college cafeteria a couple of weeks ago, after reading about it here. I'm going to go back to avoiding him and his stove again.

Anyway, I tried resetting the stove and the lot but neither option worked. I looked around in the batbox options but I didn't find anything that would fix it. I'll just move her to a different dorm, it's fine.
Scholar
#8803 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouksia
Then he hung around until he got good and smelly and left and if he went to hide in his room or leave the lot to "go to class", that would be normal behavior but he called me a bad host (which, how dares he) and said he was packing up early, like he was a bon voyage townie. I put that and the cafeteria worker saying goodbye together and I figured I'd placed poor Rashida in an exceptionally buggy dorm, that's why I mentioned him. I will try a mascot next time, although I did try to make the cow mascot finish my sim's assignment and she beat her with a pillow instead.
Yes, that's normal, that message sounds like it should come from Bon Voyage guests only, but dormies use it too, even though no one invited them and they may even live in that very dorm.

The cow and the other mascots do have some trouble focusing, and their coded behaviour tends to prevail over player decisions, but once you manage to influence them, they will focus on their task until they're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouksia
Anyway, I tried resetting the stove and the lot but neither option worked. I looked around in the batbox options but I didn't find anything that would fix it. I'll just move her to a different dorm, it's fine.
Did you try selling the stove like Petro said, and replacing it with a new one, though? And maybe reloading the lot then, to lure the cook back on the dorm lot.
Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#8804 Old Yesterday at 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759
AnyGameStarter.
if full game is completely patched when an AnyGame is installed, would the AnyGame also be patched regardless of the pack combinations of the AnyGame?

Yes, it's not a separate installation, just uses a different set of files in My Documents and a selective approach to what programme files it uses for any given setting.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Forum Resident
#8805 Old Yesterday at 7:03 PM
OK, some SimPE-related help would be appreciated.
I would like to customize some Maxis buy items (changing the comfort of a bed, things like that) but I can't figure out how to "open" those items in SimPE. Maybe I'm having a blonde moment but I can't.
A tutorial on how to create a package which replaces those values would be perfect so I don't need to fiddle with the game. Anyone can point me to one?
Or to any other solution?

Thank you in advance <3
Mad Poster
#8806 Old Yesterday at 7:12 PM
All my .package files are set to open with SimPE, so if i want to open anything, I just double click them.
Otherwise, open SimPE, click File/Open In.../Downloads. Then browse to your item.
Or i do not get what your question is?
OH!!! Sorry, you said Maxis items.
Then, you'd need a tutorial about cloning something...or finding using the Finder tab, or making a new package with the files you extracted..how to extract files etc...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Mad Poster
#8807 Old Yesterday at 7:50 PM
There's no way to open the maxis versions themselves, as Rosebine said you have to make clones. Or extracted the resources you want and make your edits there. Depending on which object it is and how it's set up you either make a default replacement object, or you make a global mod changing that detail. You are welcome to PM me if you need help figuring it out.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Lab Assistant
#8808 Old Yesterday at 8:29 PM
What's the value I need to make an object placeable on coffee tables? I have a list from some old threads talking about this, but I guessed it was "My 0x0004 Set Flag Literal Value 0x0002 ---> Placeable on low tables" which... seems to actually be fridges, because using that, I can put the thing on fridges, and not coffee tables. No use for a TV on top of a fridge, I'd think. I've made sure I'm doing it right, and other placeability-adjustments I've done work fine, eg placeable on counter, dining table. Should I instead look at altering the weight of the object I'm adjusting? I've had this same coffee table problem with other, smaller things, like a few deco items, and the issue persists. I've heard that there's a weight placed on objects, from a thread somewhere, and that if it's over a certain weight some surfaces won't take the object regardless, but that's not something I've toyed with yet.
Forum Resident
#8809 Old Yesterday at 8:33 PM
Thank you, guys.
Rosebine, yes, a tutorial is exactly what I need, I'm just having a hard time to find the one that suits my needs ^-^;
gummilutt, I'm PMing you to abuse of your kind proposal
Mad Poster
#8810 Old Yesterday at 8:42 PM
Then I'll leave it to Gummi, to lead you in the right direction. She is WAY better anyway. lol

Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#8811 Old Yesterday at 9:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amura
Thank you, guys.
Rosebine, yes, a tutorial is exactly what I need, I'm just having a hard time to find the one that suits my needs ^-^;
gummilutt, I'm PMing you to abuse of your kind proposal

Try a default-making tutorial - the easiest thing to do is clone the EAxis object, edit what you want to change (probably the BCONs and the OBJD) - save the file. It's usual to remove most of what else is in there if you don't change it. Put this in your downloads folder.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Mad Poster
#8812 Old Yesterday at 9:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazelove
What's the value I need to make an object placeable on coffee tables? I have a list from some old threads talking about this, but I guessed it was "My 0x0004 Set Flag Literal Value 0x0002 ---> Placeable on low tables" which... seems to actually be fridges, because using that, I can put the thing on fridges, and not coffee tables. No use for a TV on top of a fridge, I'd think. I've made sure I'm doing it right, and other placeability-adjustments I've done work fine, eg placeable on counter, dining table. Should I instead look at altering the weight of the object I'm adjusting? I've had this same coffee table problem with other, smaller things, like a few deco items, and the issue persists. I've heard that there's a weight placed on objects, from a thread somewhere, and that if it's over a certain weight some surfaces won't take the object regardless, but that's not something I've toyed with yet.

Do fridges have slots in vanilla coding? I thought we added slots by slot enabling mods, which means whatever things they hold depends on what kind of slot the creator labeled their added ones as. The objects size also matters for slots. You can't put a medium or large object on a slot that's designed to hold only small objects, even if you enable them for slots of that type. And by size I don't mean it's visual size, I mean that it's set to internally.

I don't recognize the expression contents you posted, but I think that's coffee tables, yeah. If it's not a size-thing, it could be that it's got a semi global running after where you placed the set flag that is un-setting that same flag. Maxis does that a lot, inits tend to call several layers deep of other inits where they keep overwriting flags the others set or removed.

Rosebine, please don't not help on my behalf. The last thing I want is to discourage someone from sharing what they know

Lab Assistant
#8813 Old Yesterday at 9:57 PM
Hm, I didn't think about semi-globals to be honest. I'm still somewhat new with this stuff, I just branched out from with playing with OBJD as I learn one chunk of stuff at a time, so it's a bit trial and error/going off what I learn in tutorials at the moment. It seems I have a bit more studying ahead, lol.
Mad Poster
#8814 Old Yesterday at 10:36 PM
Trial and error is my kind of learning Very much a poke and prod person. Then when you get stuck you figure out why, and you end up learning more than if you'd just followed a step by step tutorial telling you exactly what to do.

In the function init, is there any lines that say semi or global? If there are, press the button called sort to make it appear in order, and make sure you set the flag at the end of the init. That way it is sure to run after the potential semi/global ones and whatever flags they do, so that it remains set. Sorting is a good idea over all, easier to see which order things are happening

Scholar
#8815 Old Yesterday at 10:44 PM
wall properties.
various properties of the base game walls could be changed through base game's walls.txt file.
can the same properties be changed for Nightlife's wall types? if so, how? not through Nightlife's wall file.
Lab Assistant
#8816 Old Today at 1:12 AM Last edited by Gazelove : Today at 3:52 AM.
I just checked, everything is ordered and properly linked. I'm checking the size stuff next, because if it's not that then I'm stumped.

Edit: ...Nope. Still borked.
Mad Poster
#8817 Old Today at 4:34 AM
I have two meshes that look as if they have problems in game, but Milkshape shows absolutely nothing wrong. Does anyone know what might be the problem?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8818 Old Today at 4:53 AM
The first picture seems to be a simple normal assignment fault.
The second pic seem to be a badly assigned joint?...Is it Bloom's K&B female bathrobe? Because if it is, it looks fine in my game.
(your pictures are a tad too small to see.. )

Field Researcher
#8819 Old Today at 6:57 AM
Do sims even use the bathroom while they're working? Ramir Patel peed himself immediately after coming back from work due to an early promotion.

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Mad Poster
#8820 Old Today at 7:14 AM
I am pretty sure they do, just like they'll fill up hunger.
he would probably have filled his bladder need staying longer, but then he finished early...lol

Mad Poster
#8821 Old Today at 7:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
The first picture seems to be a simple normal assignment fault.
The second pic seem to be a badly assigned joint?...Is it Bloom's K&B female bathrobe? Because if it is, it looks fine in my game.
(your pictures are a tad too small to see.. )

It's Bloom's teen female bathrobe. It only shows in one posture in CAS.
Mad Poster
#8822 Old Today at 8:48 AM
There is a problem with a bone assignment on the right foot, if i remember right, and at the ankle..on ALL meshes, since that probably got missed and then used on everything..

Mad Poster
#8823 Old Today at 2:24 PM Last edited by Charity : Today at 2:53 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
There is a problem with a bone assignment on the right foot, if i remember right, and at the ankle..on ALL meshes, since that probably got missed and then used on everything..

Wait, all meshes? All teen female meshes? All bathrobe meshes? I have now spotted it on the adult female bathrobes too. Did anyone ever make a tutorial to fix it?
Page 353 of 353