Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3726 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 8:15 PM
I bought a handheld for sim to reduce playing pirate in bathtub. So what...
He plays pirate in bathtub, then jumps out and plays handheld. I forgive him because he is pleasure sim and unemployed.

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Almost all of my Sims have juicers, though I mainly use pepper punch. Sometimes lemonade to cool down, and orange juice to cure a cold. Some of the others I find too cheatish, and some I forget the effects of. Had a look at list now you mentioned it, should start giving strawberry lemonade to some Sims

My teens use apple juice a lot, especially those who have jobs.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3727 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 8:39 PM
If I remember well, apple juice helps with being done with homework faster.
And yeah...one is really cheaty, eggplant juice. It gives one random skill point for every glass. I admit, I still use eggplant juice, even though I know how unfair this is. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3728 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 8:57 PM
I wonder if there's a way to modify the eggplant juice to something like....giving a temporary boost to skill-building instead?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3729 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 9:11 PM
That is already the function of veggie juice (list here). I never use eggplant juice because I don't want my Sims getting free skill points, because getting them isn't all that important to them and if they need them for something they can earn them themselves. But I am tempted to try orangeade, might be a fun way to randomize a badge for a Sim to work on.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3730 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 10:45 PM
I don't regard it as cheating if the Sim has grown the eggplants him or herself
Lab Assistant
#3731 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 11:02 PM
That they can roll wants to "See a shooting star" or "Tell an Inside Joke". I never realized how many wants there were....and that goes for fears too, I had an elderly sim roll a fear of "Sending an Email"

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Forum Resident
#3732 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 11:56 PM
On my laptop, the tilde ~ / backward accent (grave?) ` key operates the pause/run portion of my game.
No more have to scroll my cursor across the page to pause play. It's so much easier when I'm trying to take photos of my game play.

I accidentally found this out when my finger missed the TAB key, which makes the control panel disappear and reappear.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#3733 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 12:16 AM
Discovery: That while pressing Tab switches the game to free-camera mode (or whatever it called), pressing F10 hides the UI but still retains the normal camera. This is useful sometimes.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#3734 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 1:13 AM
Simelissa, can't you just hit "P" to pause the game?

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#3735 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 2:33 AM
I discovered that having sims play kick ball is excellent for testing new outfit...(bone assignment-wise)
Oh..and that if you place a baby on a kitchen table, your sims won't be able to interact with him. What was I expecting...

Instructor
#3736 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 4:18 AM
Okay, so sims CAN put toddlers in high chairs autonomously!? Why don't they do it more often?
Inventor
#3737 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 4:57 AM
If you have a keyboard with a numpad, the num keys 1 to 3 will control the game's various speeds while num 0 pauses it.

On my laptop I've adapted to using the arrow keys to shift the camera around, thus it's easy enough to reach for the num keys. However on my XP tower I use WASD and then the keys above those to control the speed.

Call me old-fashioned for using the arrow keys. XD
Forum Resident
#3738 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Simelissa, can't you just hit "P" to pause the game?

Yes, I can! I didn't know that until I read your post and gave it a try. :-)
Odd how both P and the tilde do the same thing.

I am still getting used to using Q -lower; W - zoom; E - higher; A - left; D - right; X - back. But if I press Q before using the TAB button, it always asks if I want to quit the game. I'm unsure which of these functions are Sims 2, Gunmod's Camera or just basic computer movements, but I started using them after installing Gunmod's camera mod, which allows me a better view of my neighborhood.

Mostly, I've used my computers for searching the Internet, emails, watching Netflix and work stuff (not anymore). One of these days, I'll load another neighborhood and start pressing buttons to see what everything does. If anyone knows of a list of Sims 2 keystrokes I'd be interested a link.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Lab Assistant
#3739 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:23 AM
Those are all Sims 2 functions and they're awesome, frankly. I'd rather play without a mouse than without a keyboard. I really love my shortcuts! I didn't know about the ~ button until today, I tried it and it works for me, too. It's closer to the other speed controls (1, 2 and 3), too, I might switch to that one instead of p.

Other shortcuts I know of are pg up and down to go up or down a floor, home/end to get the walls up or down, f1 for live mode, f2 for buy mode and f3 for build mode, L switches between night and day while in buy mode, h switches to the hand tool, r to the design tool, j to the hammer thingy, e to the eyedropper tool, the arrows can be used to move around, the < and > keys can be used to rotate the camera but also objects in buy mode, the spacebar or the n button will switch sims and hitting enter will zoom in on the sim that is selected... Those are all the shortcuts I know of, I think. I also keep thinking that I can hit control+S to save but I don' know why. It would be a nice feature, though. :P

Also, I already knew that but the sheer pettiness of sims who are neat, serious and mean and will get mad at their freaking toddlers for playing with the toilet never ceases to amuse me whenever I rediscover it.
Mad Poster
#3740 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
. If anyone knows of a list of Sims 2 keystrokes I'd be interested a link.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...board_Shortcuts
Mad Poster
#3741 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
I am still getting used to using Q -lower; W - zoom; E - higher; A - left; D - right; X - back. But if I press Q before using the TAB button, it always asks if I want to quit the game. I'm unsure which of these functions are Sims 2, Gunmod's Camera or just basic computer movements, but I started using them after installing Gunmod's camera mod, which allows me a better view of my neighborhood.

It is normal sims 2 behavior. I have been using those same keys since forever, and I didn't have a camera mod.

Lab Assistant
#3742 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 7:51 PM
Oh!!! And another thing, whenever it rains, roofs have a texture of rain on them!!! Ah it's such a neat little detail!!! :O
Screenshots

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Mad Poster
#3743 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...board_Shortcuts

Heads up that the actual keys listed are not correct on all keyboard setups. Different languages have different keyboard layouts, and the shortcuts for Sims tend to go by position, not by what pressing that key would type. So if you find a shortcut does not work for you, google an image of the US keyboard layout and compare it to yours, and try keys in the region where the key listed would be on your keyboard.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
#3744 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:25 PM
Children can teach toddlers the nursery rhyme.
Mad Poster
#3745 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 1:20 AM
Not TS2 itself, but one of my friends sent me a link to some design documents for the Sims 1 and I was reading MaxisSimRules.pdf:

Quote:
REQUIREMENTS FOR A MAXIS SIM GAME

Dilemma
Players must always grapple with difficult decisions. In SimCity, pollution may be a problem, but there might be a strong industrial demand. In SimTower, condo-dwellers will need elevators heading down, while office workers will need elevators heading up.

Crisis
Crisis can also mean disasters. Players occasionally need to abandon long term strategy in favor of short-term success. If a fire is burning in SimCity or SimTower, players might need to destroy all their creations in the surrounding area.

Budgeting
The amount of funding a player has acts as both a limiting factor and a kind of score. Every action by the player costs money - even mistakes - and there are no refunds. “Cheats” to gain more money are the most popular cheats.

Aesthetics
Artwork is important for players to admire their creations. Also, the ability to place buildings, zones, crops, etc. in various places that may not have relevance to the Sim, fakes players into believing that their city or tower designs are “better” than other’s. Finally, aesthetics are a form of reward for the player. In SimTower, an aesthetic reward for reaching the 100th floor is the ability to place a cathedral. This is akin to “winning”.

Change in Rules over Time
Rule changes cause players to change their playing strategy. In SimCity, demand for Industry is high at first, but then swings to Commerce. In SimTower, the placement of condos is important at first, but nearly irrelevant after the 3rd Star.

Visual/Graphical Feedback
A Simulator is nothing but formulae operating on a data set. The player’s main interpretation of the change in data is graphical, in the form of tall buildings in SimCity, and long elevator lines in SimTower. An example failure in graphical feedback is Outpost from Sierra, where player feedback is in the form of numbers in a dialog box.

Cause & Effect are not Immediately Apparent
Because of the interleaving data sets in the simulators, players may not initially understand why certain actions have unexpected effects. One of the compelling reasons to play is to discover and understand various causes and effects.

Players are allowed to destroy their Creations
Who says there is no violence in Sim games? A favorite activity of the Sim player is to save a “masterpiece” copy of their creation, then unleash disaster after disaster, and bulldoze like crazy.

Top Secret Researcher
#3746 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 4:05 PM
You can't get your invited guests to vacations to use most pose boxes, not even with controlpets on. Only way i found was to download and use Dolphin's Control this Sim-hack. Best mod I've downloaded in a while.
http://modthesims.info/d/140314
Theorist
#3747 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Not TS2 itself, but one of my friends sent me a link to some design documents for the Sims 1 and I was reading MaxisSimRules.pdf:

Awesome, now somebody please mail that to EA and the current Sims developers.
Alchemist
#3748 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 10:11 PM
discovered recently::
the cover-able part of any half wall is closer to a third of regular wall's height.

discovered awhile ago::
Home Crafter program recognizes floor covers when they are in the main folder.
Top Secret Researcher
#3749 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 2:59 AM
Provided you have the correct mod for enabling build- and buy mode and the catalog everywhere, you can write novels on hotels, and probably any other lot. They just call your hotel room phone to give you the money and deliver the book to the hotel. No problem!
Forum Resident
#3750 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 4:43 AM
ACR's adjuster might say a sim is pregnant and expecting 1 baby, but twins might still happen.

Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
You can't get your invited guests to vacations to use most pose boxes, not even with controlpets on. Only way i found was to download and use Dolphin's Control this Sim-hack. Best mod I've downloaded in a while.
http://modthesims.info/d/140314

I used that mod for awhile. It became redundant when I added Chris Hatch's Walk to Visit Other Sims mod.
If I recall, I could only control one Sim at a time with Dolphin's mod, but I can control multiple at once with Chris', so I prefer his.
Unfortunately, I have never been able to walk to another Sims lot. The option has never come up for me. So, I just use it as a Sim controller now.

Shipwreck Island
Page 150 of 445