Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 1:58 PM
Replies: 3787 (Who?), Viewed: 134391 times.
Page 152 of 152
Scholar
#3776 Old Yesterday at 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazelove
The move lot button. The one where you can pick up an already built, populated lot and move it. I know it's been there the whole time, I just overlooked it for like ten years somehow. OMG. The usefulness!
there are actually 2 buttons for moving lots. one puts the lot into the lot bin; the other lets us place a lot in another part of the neighborhood/sub-neighborhood and/or to rotate a lot. be careful about the former; at least with occupied lots.
Mad Poster
#3777 Old Yesterday at 10:46 PM
I sent a teen, named Emily Anderson, and from a poor family, to paint at the art park for a while. Several townies pitched up and painted as well - and then left.
Emily ceased the opportunity - some of those townies are talented - and sold two masterpieces.

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
#3778 Old Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Art park?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Inventor
#3779 Old Today at 3:39 AM
Sims will freeze on the phone if you invite a Sim over and said Sim calls back just as they arrive on the lot. My guess is the game doesn't know what to do when 2 instances of the same Sim are on the lot. I was playing a patched base-game config so I don't know if it was ever fixed, but it was weird! lol.
Mad Poster
#3780 Old Today at 8:47 AM
ihate; the art park is a thing I built for my sims - just a small park with a small pond, a BBQ and lots of easels

Field Researcher
#3781 Old Today at 8:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Yeah, I noticed that a lot of Leod McGreggor's stuff went missing from his inventory too - I sent one of my Sims to his shop and it kept saying "there's no more items to restock with!" so I made him selectable and everything was gone. Fortunately, I kept a bunch of stuff on some shelves in his barn, so I can use the item duplication trick.I didn't use AgeCorrect, so I don't think its that.

According to the creator:
"Dropped fruit does not spoil. If Sims fail to claim the fruit (or leave it outside their inventory) for longer than 48-hours it will disappear. No need to clean it up and no spoil fx. Only placing the fruit on a magisplay tray or on sale will "freeze" the fruit from disappearing."

I wonder if there is a snafu and the items IN our inventory are also disappearing after 48 hours?
Come spring, I'll harvest again, keep notes and see what happens.
I'm hoping it was just a hiccup in my game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
ihate; the art park is a thing I built for my sims - just a small park with a small pond, a BBQ and lots of easels

I love that idea! Better than just chess games.
Do you use a community skilling mod? I'm thinking it might be fun to have the mod, then my Sims can (or have to) leave the house to build skills. I think painting in a park with a bunch of other Sims beats staying at home painting alone.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Mad Poster
#3782 Old Today at 9:40 AM
I do, SIMelissa, the one by Pescado (not sure if there is another one). It was a done deal for me when I found out about it, since I have always loved and abused that feature in Uni.

It has changed my game - Sims don't own many skilling objects these days. All the "municipal" lots have some skilling objects - there is the fitness park with the obstacle course and trampolines, the music park with instruments on a gazebo type of stage, etc. These lots are small, not fancy, since they are free (and the mayor ordered the architect to build lots to further education in a fun way)

Alchemist
#3783 Old Today at 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazelove
The move lot button. The one where you can pick up an already built, populated lot and move it. I know it's been there the whole time, I just overlooked it for like ten years somehow. OMG. The usefulness!

What a useful tool! Where is it?

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Mad Poster
#3784 Old Today at 12:27 PM
Sorry, the picture is small, but I added an arrow pointing at it.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Forum Resident
#3785 Old Today at 2:06 PM
No idea if this one's been posted before so sorry if it has. Yesterday I saw that sims can pull out a book and start reading it while they walk! I don't often use the 'go here' command so it took me by surprise.

Mad Poster
#3786 Old Today at 2:18 PM
It's the hobby idle for film and litterature hobby. I like it, except that Sims also do it when carrying babies which looks kind of disturbing.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Mad Poster
#3787 Old Today at 2:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
It's the hobby idle for film and litterature hobby. I like it, except that Sims also do it when carrying babies which looks kind of disturbing.

But isn't that how you learn the parenting skill? By reading babies. :P
Forum Resident
#3788 Old Today at 4:13 PM
LOL. Reminds me of when Angela Pleasant in mine slid down the stairs rail while carrying her newborn son. Not the most careful parenting!
Page 152 of 152