Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No More Culling (V3)

by Dark Gaia Posted 13th Jan 2015 at 1:39 AM - Updated 14th Jun 2015 at 7:52 PM by Dark Gaia

256 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 150 Feedback Posts, 105 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 11
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dark Gaia
The no genealogocide mod prevents the game from running the "Genealogy Pruning" action, but leaves the "Max Population" action intact. This mod disables both.

The no genealogocide mod also won't work properly if you have Outdoor Retreat installed as the December patch added some new story progression actions that weren't there when MIsterDinadan made his mod.

This was exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks a lot, Dark Gaia! :lovestruc
Scholar
THANKS POST
#27 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 9:29 PM
Thank you so Much this is very much needed!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#28 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 1:22 AM
Instant fave.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 2:57 PM
thanks
Test Subject
#30 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 8:13 PM
So it doesnt work for the latest patch? (january)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 1:13 AM
Thank you for sharing your Work! And keep up the great work; it is always appreciated! And you have a Great Day! :cool:
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 6:06 PM
Thank you !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 8:49 PM
I haven't made the move to sims 4 yet but if/when I do this will be my first download. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 11:56 PM
thank you!!! hope this will end the strange case of disappearance of my sim!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 3:05 AM
Just to let ya know, I have noticed that as of late when I saved and exit, my sims would all be doing something. When I load the game the next day, all my family are standing on the sidewalk like they were just moving into the house. I checked a few things, no luck. Then I took this mod out as it was the last one I installed. I loaded the game and all my sims were right where I left them sleeping in their beds. Put this mod back in, loaded the game and again, they were all standing on the sidewalk. Anyone else having this problem?
Field Researcher
#36 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 5:45 AM
That was happening -or has been happening- to me, since two or three patches ago -I think maybe the pool patch?- Without mods installed.

Quote: Originally posted by wolfs
Just to let ya know, I have noticed that as of late when I saved and exit, my sims would all be doing something. When I load the game the next day, all my family are standing on the sidewalk like they were just moving into the house. I checked a few things, no luck. Then I took this mod out as it was the last one I installed. I loaded the game and all my sims were right where I left them sleeping in their beds. Put this mod back in, loaded the game and again, they were all standing on the sidewalk. Anyone else having this problem?
Field Researcher
#37 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 5:50 AM
It says ""This mod was based on game version 1.3.18.1010 (December 16 patch) and will not work on any previous version,""

So it should, theoritically, work with LATER versions.

Quote: Originally posted by elizeta
So it doesnt work for the latest patch? (january)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 6:37 AM
To reiterate, the mod does work just fine with the Jan patch and Outdoor Retreat. It may theoretically also work with previous versions but the XML did have some new actions added in the careers patch that earlier versions lack.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 3:06 PM
I have a fully patched game and it didn't start doing it until I installed the mod. The mod works fine just have to deal with my family standing in the street when I load. If I remove the mod, that doesn't happen so must be conflicting with game or another mod I have, Mostly another mod I have.
Test Subject
#40 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 8:00 AM
There may be other mods causing the "Wolfs" issue. I don't have "No More Culling" mod yet and receiving this issue Wolfs described above. Check save/load with sims at home/work/school, paused/un-paused, exactly what are they doing, (at save) may also be an issue.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dark Gaia
The no genealogocide mod prevents the game from running the "Genealogy Pruning" action, but leaves the "Max Population" action intact. This mod disables both.

The no genealogocide mod also won't work properly if you have Outdoor Retreat installed as the December patch added some new story progression actions that weren't there when MIsterDinadan made his mod.

Guess I'm switching, then! I was going to wait till I was getting up to 180 population. I'd still love to hear if this mod slows down load times as the world creeps higher above 180.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#42 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 6:17 PM
Awesome, thanks so much. I was using the other mod but he hasn't been around and hadn't updated it in awhile.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 7:43 PM
Any chance we could get an optional toggle for the 'Max Population' side of the mod? I've used the no genealogocide mod for a long time, and basically would like to keep using that functionality. (You've stated that MasterDinadan's mod no longer works with Outdoor Retreat though, which I have now.) I'm a bit leery of removing the population cap entirely and having no controls at all though. It's definitely a concern to me, that it would lead to some serious data-bloat and slowdowns in-game. (Or maybe you could break them up into separate .package files as optional downloads? Anything like that to allow a bit of pick-and-choose would be appreciated.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 3:40 AM
This really saved both my game and my nerves. Thank you VERY MUCH for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 11:38 PM
Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 5:43 PM
I can't thank you enough! This is the "bug" that makes the game nearly unplayable for me. THANK YOU!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 7:17 PM
I've been so distressed about this! Thanks so much for fixing it!
Test Subject
#48 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 6:54 PM
For some reason this still isn't working for me :\ as soon as it hits 3am so many friends have disappeared!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 1:30 AM
Is there a way to combine this with the reduced townie generating mod?
Field Researcher
#50 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 8:46 PM
New patch today with actual genealogy (finally a family tree). I wonder how it will affect this mod?
Page 2 of 11