Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 9:57 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 11th Jul 2017 at 7:41 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default neighborhood paint [fixed]
in neighborhood view, dirt and concrete look like lush/temperate.
in lot view, they seem to appear correctly.

problem is in neighborhood view.

edit:: applies to creating new neighborhoods/sub-neighborhoods and to using the terraintype cheat.
lush/temperate and desert appear correctly; both neighborhood view and lot view; both cheat and non-cheat.
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 12:08 AM
am attaching pictures.

again, the problem is with dirt & concrete in neighborhood view.
Scholar
#3 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 12:40 AM
It looks like the road texture appears correctly (if you look closely enough, you can see dirt between pavement and road), but not terrain itself. I suppose the simple terrain view (the one you have, with non-reflective water and not nice grass texture) exists only for lush and desert. Have you tried fixing your Graphic Rules file? Lush hood is not supposed to look like yours does (this is Pleasantview with correctly looking terrain for example).

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
I suppose the simple terrain view (the one you have, with non-reflective water and not nice grass texture) exists only for lush and desert.

Maybe that's because the dirt and concrete types came in a later EP, so they never added a simple terrain version?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 1:11 AM
did some edits to each Graphics Rules file; base game & current packs, Config & CSConfig folders; mainly the resolution settings.
which line/lines would I need to change?

by the way, the pictures are from a template I made; not the actual neighborhood.
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 10:02 AM
For all I know you only need to change the file in your latest pack folder (so for me it’s MG as I have the UC). Search for simpleTerrain and change true to false everywhere. You can also try my file, but make a backup of yours before trying it.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 7:39 PM
editing those lines fixed it.