Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Should mods have a week of Appreciation to enforce all the good things they do?
YESS.
22 50.00%
Sure.
16 36.36%
Meh.
3 6.82%
Ney. (That's the noise horses make; don't be a horse say YESS)
4 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 2:20 AM
Moderator Appreciation Week :)
Moderator Appreciation Week.

I love the sound of it! Our moderators on this website do A LOT for us. They screen custom content so you don't get viruses, offer advice both personal and Sims related, one is always available, and they are always there for the modthesims community. I don't know if this is already a thing or not, but I think our mods need a little love. :lovestruc So why not dedicate a week to their awesomeness.

I think this should be a thing.

...And I'll Stand there with the Wizard...
...Feeling things I've never felt...
...though I'd never show it...
...I'd be so happy I could MELT...
Advertisement
#2 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 2:45 AM
Good moderating is a very difficult job. Sort of like being a cop.

Some cops are good and the neighborhood go to person and are loved by all.

Some cops shoot you to death for blinking your headlights at them or otherwise not respecting there authoritae.

We are fortunate to have the former kind of moderators. yes, give them a Moderator Appreciation Week!
Theorist
#3 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 3:18 AM
As a former moderator a Dutch football community I fully agree.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 4:50 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 20th Aug 2015 at 1:58 PM.
OP, thank you for starting this topic. The work that the mods do is often overlooked. How about an ongoing moderation appreciation thread? We could post our thanks in. The staff here does an amazing job keeping order in the forums so that we may all enjoy them. I am grateful for their work, their patience, and for the many times I've witnessed them act not just as moderators, but as compassionate humans.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 5:51 AM
There definitely should be some way for us to say thanks for all that the mods and administrators and Delphies do for the site... but what would that really look like? Just a thread full of people saying "thanks" is nice, but it seems kind of small-scale... I wonder if there's anything bigger that we could do.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 8:23 AM
How can an appreciation week 'enforce' the work the moderators do?

I think it would be worthwhile to say thanks once in a while I agree.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#7 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 10:52 AM
Some forums have horrible mods that rule like dictators. The mods here are like friends, and many of them are like role models with extensive knowledge of the game and modding and I love it! You know the mods love what the do and it makes you love being here.

Thank you, moderators :D
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 2:04 PM Last edited by HarVee : 21st Aug 2015 at 2:21 PM.
I say no. Before you chop my head off hear me out. Do we really need 7 days to appreciate them, when we have 365? If you want to show your support toward the moderation team at MTS, then do so everyday by respecting them and abiding their authority.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Alchemist
#9 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 3:54 PM
Pff, why would they need that. What do they do at all? Lazy punks.
Ney just kidding, I really appreciate their effort and love they put in MTS, but I also agree with HarVee. Also, howdo you think to arrange something like that?

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#10 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSimoholic
Some forums have horrible mods that rule like dictators

InFeRsCoPeR of the Google+ Polandball community, and the horrible community. Tried to challenge his moderating views, and I as subject to so much abuse, I called it quits.
Also, I'm mixed with MTSstaff, really. Seems bot-like.
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 12:21 AM
No, really. I've not been banned yet. So, good on the MTS moderators!
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 2:18 AM
How I imagine our moderators during a trollfest ...

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 11:41 AM
Aww, you guys are cutiepies :lovestruc:

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
dodgy builder
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 11:59 AM
Hm, OP is a test subject with 23 posts? Suspicious

Still I totally agree. I don't see them that much anymore, since I check my own submissions these days. I'm glad we have them, otherwise this place would be all rubbish I'm sure.
Banned
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Aww, you guys are cutiepies :lovestruc:

In the words of Alchestbreach, you mods are so goofy.
Eeeeeexcept MTS Staff. Eeeeeh, don't know what to say about him/her.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 2:35 AM
*Updates signature for mod appreciation week/365 days/eternity*

P.S. if anyone comes up with a better designed flower in honor of our mods, can I replace the one in my sig with it? Thanks.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Banned
#17 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 6:00 AM
@)->-----
There we go.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 11:09 PM
Thank you, Aaron4Ever.

That was beautiful.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here