Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 1:03 AM
Default How much big is your mods folder??
I want to ask how much big is your mods folder?? mine is 1.43 GB cuz all of my SC is installed as package file
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 1:29 AM
5 GB. 673 files, but that includes all the merged packages. The total file count is high because I usually don't merge mods (too much hassle at update time, although that's far less of an issue right now) and a large 'probationary" content folder, that's due for merging (which, now that I see the count, is WAY overdue). And I have ~10 GB in installed S3P content as well.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 4:10 AM
Mine's 2.45 GB. But with the amount of CC I download, it's going to get much bigger.
Theorist
#4 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 4:22 AM
Not very big. I haven't narrowed it down yet, but one or more custom content has made my game unplayable with a family of 6 sims with custom content. I've seen internet pages that outright name some problem packs. So I will have to guess and delete some packs blind until framerate gets acceptable again. So, in my case it's bad luck I guess. My packages folder is 63.8 MB.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 3:53 PM
Around 5-6GB. I'm hopeless, I know.

However, in my main (biggest) Sims 3/Mods folder I have only couple of big files with merged packages (objects build/buy, CAS files, mods - all together). But on my external hard disk, I keep all package files separated in appropriate folders. I also keep backups of Mods folder on every patch level, so I can have better preview of my (not merged) mod versions. That kept updating mods easier. Total amount of sims3pack files I use is also, well... enormous.

But lately, I tend to sort CC and mods much better than before. I separate files I download by styles of gameplay and look of content (for example: modern, contemporary, traditional, medieval, rural, magic, futuristic... and so on). Than I put it in individual Sims 3 folders I keep aside. For every new town I want to play, depending on the gameplay style, I choose appropriate content.

I'll try to explain better, though it's difficult due to my foreign language limitations. For example, if I want to play in Dragon Valley, I'll choose the folder where I keep installed fantasy/magic/medieval CC. If I want to play in Bridgeport or some downloaded custom city-like world, I'll choose folder where I have modern, contemporary CC. If I only want to build and decorate, I choose folder where I have only build/buy CC thoroughly sorted in collections. If I want to play legacy, I install town like Storybrook County or St Claire or something like that, and than install appropriate lot I've already decorated (or downloaded) before... and the rest of stuff I put in game when needed.

And so on… The point is, I don't put everything I like, everywhere, not anymore. And I tend not to keep many saved games in one folder. That kind of playstyle suffocated my game too many times.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 11:00 PM
861 MB mods - I mostly install game play mods.
2.76 GB DCCache - Store stuff, but I got a very large chunk of it free using complete your sets and sale combos. (Back during December the site was being very generous to me. It let me complete some sets even if I only owned 1 item.)

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 11:09 PM
I have no idea actually. I have a lot of CC, I can tell you it is a pretty extensive list.
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 5:52 AM
1.73 GB for CC/Store Content and 2.75 GB for MODS which I think is weird cause I have a lot more CC than Mods.
Inventor
#9 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 6:27 AM
4.00 KB - because mine is empty. I won!

I use CC very sparely and only when I really need it. So most of the time I have no CC in the mods folder. It's funny to see the giant amount of GB that the CC uses of your computer's hard disk. I remember my first computer's hard disk having a total capacity of 16 MB. Not even the working storage has as little as that today.
Theorist
#10 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 12:54 PM
In my Vanilla game - 0
In my Play/Challenges game - 36.4 GB - Store files (Sims3packs), Package files (merged and unmerged)

... and growing...

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥