Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#8926 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 4:38 AM
An attachable catheter for beds that keep the bladder need green would be interesting.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#8927 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 8:18 AM
For Sims to be able to just sit or lounge and simply listen to music on the radio.
Mad Poster
#8928 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I also have another idea... doorstep babies. During the night, while all human sims are sleeping, there would be a chance of the gypsy matchmaker walking onto the lot carrying a baby or toddler. Said baby or toddler would be either a generated sim or a mix of two different townies, and would recognize one of the adults as the parent or if there is a couple in the house, they would be the new baby's parents. Would that work? Or maybe an object could be delivered - one that looks like a basket and would be opened like Mr. Humble's gift - and generate a new baby or toddler. Maybe it could include a couple of items like a stuffed toy, potty chair, or toddler toys.

That's kind of forcing sims to have a baby whether they want one or not. There are plenty of ways to get babies intentionally in the game.
Scholar
#8929 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That's kind of forcing sims to have a baby whether they want one or not. There are plenty of ways to get babies intentionally in the game.

Now, if this mod could check if a sim had 2+ loves and hand them a little surprise bundle, that would be funny. Can you imagine Don Lothario getting a little visit?

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Test Subject
#8930 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 3:38 PM
I'd like Bigfoot could wear clothes, I'm playing one right now and it's very boring without clothes, also there should be female bigfoot.
Lab Assistant
#8931 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
Now, if this mod could check if a sim had 2+ loves and hand them a little surprise bundle, that would be funny. Can you imagine Don Lothario getting a little visit?

Or if you'd rather sweet to funny, what if the mod checked sim wants & delivered mystery babies only to those sims who were wishing for a child?
Mad Poster
#8932 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 9:01 PM

Well, for certain types of neighbourhoods, it's kind of logical. Also, my sims often WILL have babies whether they want to or not already. Melissa Fancey for example has two kids and another one on the way in one of my hoods. And playstyles differ, so simmers can choose whether or not to even install the mod. It would certainly make some interesting stories.
Mad Poster
#8933 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 10:53 PM
I wouldn't mind as long as there's an option to not get the baby. Some families are stretched enough as is.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Link Ninja
#8934 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 11:17 PM
If a sim is cold they can bring their body temp up by making out, woohooing, cuddling or sleeping with another sim.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#8935 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 12:29 AM
I also have another idea... doorstep babies. During the night, while all human sims are sleeping, there would be a chance of the gypsy matchmaker walking onto the lot carrying a baby or toddler. Said baby or toddler would be either a generated sim or a mix of two different townies, and would recognize one of the adults as the parent or if there is a couple in the house, they would be the new baby's parents. Would that work? Or maybe an object could be delivered - one that looks like a basket and would be opened like Mr. Humble's gift - and generate a new baby or toddler. Maybe it could include a couple of items like a stuffed toy, potty chair, or toddler toys.

If I remember correctly, one of Sophie-David's wells does something like this. I think this would be excellent for hoods in medieval or other non-modern times that use townies, since townies can't get pregnant as-is, and would fit non-birth-control games well.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#8936 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladybaileys
I'd like Bigfoot could wear clothes, I'm playing one right now and it's very boring without clothes, also there should be female bigfoot.

Last time I went to Three Lakes, my Bigfoot was wearing a tank top and boxer shorts, and was completely hairless, except his hairy-ass Bigfoot head. hahaha! I clearly had some kind of conflict that needed to be addressed. Or maybe he just knew I was coming and shaved, to keep up appearances. *SHRUG*

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#8937 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I wouldn't mind as long as there's an option to not get the baby. Some families are stretched enough as is.

Well yeah, you could control it so it only gets left at rich families or families with maybe just one child or a childless couple. Either way, it would sort of act as a Bigfoot in a Box. Opening it would generate a child instead though. It could also be buyable, so you could buy your sims a Special Bundle and adopt without having to deal with the pesky Social Worker.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8938 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 3:02 AM
It would have to be like the message you get when you load a lot and a sim from the family went to a pet shop and bought a pet behind your back. You get a pop up asking if you want the pet-yes or no. The only failing is it doesn't show you the pet. So you have no clue if the dog they bought is some ugly thing or not. It would be better if it allowed you a CAS window so you could still say yes but change how it looks and size.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8939 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 3:23 AM
My idea for it is, it would be off by default, but once you spawned the controller, you'd be able to specify which houses/families would get the 'bundle' and the frequency of deliveries, or you could keep autodeliver off and just trigger the deliveries. The matchmaker would then appear on the property at night and deliver a random bundle - baby or toddler.

The bundle would also be buyable if you choose to skip the autodelivery. The way I would like it done is, a child would be generated as a combination of the genes of two townies - but then the father information is erased and the sim opening the box would be the parent. The opener would be the 'mother' and the opener spouse would be the 'father'. It would be sort of like growing a plantbaby - the Ideal Plantsim gives some of his DNA but then disappears from the family tree.

Another mod I would like would be one that gives the option to delete father info after the birth if the baby's father resides in the Default household. This way, there would be no Grimmy seeing his kids off at college (unless you're into that kind of spookiness). If anyone does decide to make those mods, please let me know - I'll be happy to test them out :D
Mad Poster
#8940 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 3:28 AM
This way, there would be no Grimmy seeing his kids off at college (unless you're into that kind of spookiness).

To be honest, if there wasn't the risk of corruption, this would be hilarious.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8941 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 5:15 AM
Forum Resident
#8942 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 5:47 AM
Maybe the babybox could be composted, if you don't want a baby. It's much better to recycle them than to just dump 'em in a landfill.

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#8943 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 10:44 AM
My idea for it is, it would be off by default, but once you spawned the controller, you'd be able to specify which houses/families would get the 'bundle' and the frequency of deliveries, or you could keep autodeliver off and just trigger the deliveries. The matchmaker would then appear on the property at night and deliver a random bundle - baby or toddler.

The bundle would also be buyable if you choose to skip the autodelivery. The way I would like it done is, a child would be generated as a combination of the genes of two townies - but then the father information is erased and the sim opening the box would be the parent. The opener would be the 'mother' and the opener spouse would be the 'father'. It would be sort of like growing a plantbaby - the Ideal Plantsim gives some of his DNA but then disappears from the family tree.

You can do this already with the Tombstone of L&D.

Quote: Originally posted by ladybaileys

I had a rather dodgy Bigfoot once, who got the um accessory for my cock mod and was sporting some rather impressive girth.
Mad Poster
#8944 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 7:59 PM
I think that Bigfoot has that nice blue vest that he wears to work. I wouldn't mind if that was made his default outfit.

Mad Poster
#8945 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 9:00 PM
I'd like to see more apartments for families. Lots of cute one and two bedroom apartments, not very many four and five bedroom apartments.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#8946 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 11:22 PM
I think the "family" apartments are the 2-3 bedrooms ones. I don't think you'll find many 4-5 bedroom apartments anywhere, for sims or in real life. Maybe you'll find some 3 bedrooms with an office or an extra bath that could be turned into a bedroom.

But I would think that if you actually want 4 and 5 bedrooms in one apartment you would have to build one yourself... Though now that I'm thinking about it, you might find the right number of bedrooms if you look at apartments in a townhouse style.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Link Ninja
#8947 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 11:26 PM
Yeah you'd want a condo or townhouse style of apartment for larger family sizes and that many bedrooms. Apartments are supposed to be affordable and less room = more affordability when not a luxury style apartment in a prime location. So they tend to be more cramped to save on room and affordability. I built one for a family of five, two adults and three children but two of the kids share one room.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#8948 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 11:47 PM
You can do this already with the Tombstone of L&D.

Can the tombstone of L&D combine the genes of two townies while they STAY townie NPCs? I want some kind of mod that does that, one where the NPCs don't even get the memory of having the child if that particular option is selected. If the baby is generated and the Townies know about it, it could be from an experiment. It would, however, be kind of funny to adopt a clone of someone like Komei Tellerman or Goopy GilsCarbo.
Mad Poster
#8949 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 5:31 AM
Can the tombstone of L&D combine the genes of two townies while they STAY townie NPCs? I want some kind of mod that does that, one where the NPCs don't even get the memory of having the child if that particular option is selected. If the baby is generated and the Townies know about it, it could be from an experiment. It would, however, be kind of funny to adopt a clone of someone like Komei Tellerman or Goopy GilsCarbo.

I did that once. Selected the townies, used the tombstone of L&D to impregnate one by the other, sped up the pregnancy using Simblender and unselected them. They couldn't have given less of a fuck about the baby.
Mad Poster
#8950 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 10:52 AM
A hack that allows walls/objects be placed next to a Sim.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 358 of 582