Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#826 Old 22nd May 2015 at 6:52 PM Last edited by Cho de Gier : 4th Jan 2022 at 8:05 PM.
The Game of thrones of the author George R.R. Martin and just finisht the 4th book and busy with the 5th book part 1 for the 3th time. Second I have recentley buyed the Witcher saga and started with the first novel. yes i have a nack for high / late medieval & renaissance fantasy books and yes LOTR is also in my bookcase if you want that to know.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#827 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:39 PM
I have finished two books recently:
The Farm by Tom Rob Smith - amazing book, I've read it in two days.
Elizabeth Is Missing by Emma Healey - devastating look into the mind of Alzheimer's Disease sufferer that holds the key to years old mystery. Really worth the read.

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Field Researcher
#828 Old 30th May 2015 at 11:37 AM
Sennar's mission from Licia Troisi.
Mad Poster
#829 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 3:21 AM
"Patterns from the Golden Age of Rustic Design," by Albert H. Good. Probably would be just as boring for most of you as it sounds, but since I'm both an architecture nerd and a National Park Service nerd, it's great!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#830 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 2:48 AM
Various Garfield daily strip compilations.

I guess I am a cat person through and through, considering I laugh at the semi-sarcasm within.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#831 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 10:16 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Jun 2015 at 10:31 PM.
Re-reading Codex Alera by Jim Butcher, currently on Captain's Fury.
#832 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 9:56 PM
Currently reading the first book of The Witcher series, Blood of Elves. It's interesting, but I heard the games are really good, so I wanna play those.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Forum Resident
#833 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 4:53 AM
I just completely devoured The Martian by Andy Weir, and the only words I have to sum it up are...

...Holy shit.

It was so good. I only bought this book yesterday after lunch, and I finished it a few minutes ago this evening! My inner nerd is both satisfied and unsatisfied at the same time. I want more, darn it!

I'm excited to go see the movie when it comes out, too! Even though during the entire book, I totally pictured Watney as Chris Pratt. Don't blame me. Smart-assery totally fits Pratt. Also, Star Lord. Sorry, Damon.
Scholar
#834 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 7:21 PM
A book that I started and then returned to the library a couple of years ago because school got in the way. So I'm going to restart Capital by John Lanchester. Pretty cover too
Mad Poster
#835 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 8:32 PM
This blog/story: http://utopiahousechallenge.blogspo...-beginning.html

I've read the updates, which are usually just one picture from the story, but it wasn't enough to appreciate the tale, so I've gone back to the beginning and am almost half-way through. The back story for this is in one type of Sims game and the blog takes place in another and tells how the Sims survive and thrive the challenge they've been handed. It's quite entertaining and the cast of characters are interesting, especially the way they interact. The plot has a few twists along the way and gets a little messy which is fun!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
#836 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 9:56 PM
The second book in the Witcher series. I know I'm making slow progress, but I'm not a fast reader.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
#837 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 10:46 AM Last edited by Thranduil Oropherion : 4th Jul 2015 at 11:06 AM.
On my ninth journey through Lord of The Rings ... it was a bargain on Amazon for kindle, I got all three books in this series for 99c (fellowship, two towers and return of the king) about two years ago. Each read shows me something I didn't notice the last time though.
Lab Assistant
#838 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 11:56 AM
Im really excited to read the new Harper Lee novel!
Top Secret Researcher
#839 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 6:00 PM
I'm going to reattempt to read the hunger games, I tried to read it last year but I just gave up and got bored of it, but because it's the summer holiday and I have nothing to do I'm going to try to read the whole book, but I don't think I'm going to buy the other books because I'm not much of a reader

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Mad Poster
#840 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
On my ninth journey through Lord of The Rings ... it was a bargain on Amazon for kindle, I got all three books in this series for 99c (fellowship, two towers and return of the king) about two years ago. Each read shows me something I didn't notice the last time though.

Some books, it's just important to reread... LotR and Harry Potter both spring immediately to mind, and I'm not sure when the last time was that I went camping without bringing my Thoreau collection along with me. Then there's the things that are important to reread for specific reasons- for instance, I'm definitely gonna have to reread The Martian before its movie incarnation comes into existence this fall!

Scholar
#841 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 11:21 AM
Artemis Fowl And The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer because I can
Honestly, who doesn't love a child criminal mastermind?
Field Researcher
#842 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 11:10 PM
Over half-way through with Outlander by Gabaldon (historical fiction - I'll also just go ahead and call it rape fantasy, although according to other reviews, I'm in the VAST minority on that generalization). It... gets mixed feelings from me. I have already sort of spoiled the ending for myself, but I'm still going to finish the novel. On one end of the spectrum, I really think it's written well. On the other end of the spectrum, what the author chooses to focus on and rely on for plot devices (CONSISTENTLY) annoys me greatly. There's nearly no unpredictability, and its annoying. And long.

Before this book, I read The Newcomer by Robyn Carr (contemporary fiction that is sweet). When I finish Outlander, I'll probably continue with that series (I don't tend to read series consecutively, one after the other). I liked both books so far in the Thunder Pointe series.

I'm also reading another book (not yet published, but he's working on it) which is also quite good. It's not my usual fare, but it is super fun (a nice offset to Outlander) and also very positive in its messages, world, and characters, which you don't see too much of at this point, where it seems gritty fantasy is dominating the market right now. So, needless to say, it is a breath of wonderfully fresh air. Genre is low sci-fi/slice-of-life story.
#843 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 12:27 AM
Audrey, Wait or something like that.

I'm only near the beginning. Oh and I share my name with one of the characters :D
#844 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 5:59 AM
On The Hobbit now, and have known that book since I was a child and parts of it were read to me at night from about the age of 8. I feel like I've known the characters all my life. I was given a kitten to care for around the same time whom I promptly named Gandalf. The fact the kitten was female didn't seem to matter.
Instructor
#845 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 6:51 AM
Has anybody read E.M. Forster's novels? I've heard good things about his work and I'm planning a trip to the bookshop today. Any suggestions?

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Mad Poster
#846 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 3:03 AM
Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility" - have to be in a certain mood to make sense of it all.
Test Subject
#847 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 5:52 AM
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. I'm a little late to the TMI and TID series, but I'm trying.
Mad Poster
#848 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
On The Hobbit now, and have known that book since I was a child and parts of it were read to me at night from about the age of 8. I feel like I've known the characters all my life. I was given a kitten to care for around the same time whom I promptly named Gandalf. The fact the kitten was female didn't seem to matter.

Yup. Definitely an awesome book- a fantastic classic adventure story! Isn't it great that there were NEVER ANY movies based on it? LALALALALALALALALALALAICAN'THEARYOULALALALALALALA

Scholar
#849 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 8:22 PM
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I haven't read a "teen" book in ages. Nice change from children's books, and thrillers
Scholar
#850 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 8:30 PM
Rereading God is Red by Vine Deloria Jr.
Page 34 of 41