Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:31 PM
Default The Walking Dead
Any one watch The Walking Dead?

Saw the new episode online. Great show.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:43 PM
I love that show. Its so suspenseful and for some reason I cannot stand a single female on that show.
Alchemist
#3 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:48 PM
The other one
#4 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Yep, I sure do!

I knew I'd seen a thread for it before! I loved the first series and I'm hoping the second is just as good though I remember hearing something about all the writers or the director or something being fired so it's new people doing it this time D:

Once again I have this recorded but haven't watched yet. Can't wait to watch it, just gotta wait for my hubby to get on a tv-time friendly shift so I have somebody to hide behind at the scary parts

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Instructor
#5 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 10:35 PM
Never miss an episode! I love it!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 1:58 AM
Oh, I am SICK! I no longer get AMC on my cable station. Is there somewhere I can watch it online? I hate to miss it.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 2:32 AM
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kristie91
http://www.couchtuner.com/

ummwahhh! (blowing kisses) Thank you!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#9 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yakumo-dono
I love that show. Its so suspenseful and for some reason I cannot stand a single female on that show.

I sort of dislike EVERY character on the show. The only one I actively like/care about is Dale. The rest piss me off. Even Rick - I find him the most irritating. I blame the actor for that.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Kathwynn : 7th Nov 2011 at 5:27 PM.
Actually I like Rick. But that is me.

If Andrea wants to die.. Then I say die.. Otherwise get your head out of your @ss and survive. I think Carl best intentions of making a life with her is at this point a loss. Though to be honest the two characters that have their shyt together is Glen and Daryl. The rest are just fumbling their way to painful deaths. Unless the group pulls together. Starts thinking and is willing to start looking at this situation, not as a temporary one, but as being permanent. Then the same mistakes are going to keep being made with lives being lost.

And while Ricks son was shot. Actually I am hoping that the boy is not going to die. You could see the boy was growing up fast and hard. I have seen this happen in S. America back in the 1980's. Its not something you want to see. At the same time the circumstances do not always make for a place for a child to grow up into an adult. Sometimes it is thrust on a child. That is a harsh lesson of reality. Something that I am glad to see being played out. As this does show what can happen in a disaster that sometimes is forgotten in movies and shows.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 11:18 PM
I hope the kid surives but its looking bad right now especially the situation that the two men, Shane and I forgot the guys name, are in at the highschool where they need to get the medical supplies for the surgery.
Scholar
#12 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 1:32 AM
So...on the season premier was I the only upset that the deer got shot? >_>
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 2:01 AM
You probably were not the only one Frank..

I hunted as a kid and as an adult. To me hunting is natural.

I do understand for some people hunting is not something that is looked on as being good. *shrugs* For myself, I do not understand the mind set.

Yeah, Kristie91, I hope the boy survives as well.
Alchemist
#14 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 4:58 AM Last edited by coltraz : 26th Oct 2011 at 5:25 AM.
In an apocalyptic setting, you'd better be ready to hunt and shoot pretty deer. Or you're not going to last. I didn't even give it a 2nd thought when it happened. Now if anyone has seen episode 4 of Homeland, there's a deer I feel sorry for.
Scholar
#15 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 3:05 AM
Shane is a jerk
Field Researcher
#16 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 4:32 AM
I was like holy shimtz when I saw what Shane did to the one guy...
Scholar
#17 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 8:49 PM
I know, right? I was all like O: when I saw what he did.
Alchemist
#18 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 9:09 PM
Hmm... I don't know. Sacrificing Otis the way he did saved Carl - who he clearly thinks of as a son. He also "loves" Lori, and Rick to some extent, even though he's obviously jealous of Rick. It's terrible he did it, but in a way, I can't really blame him and I wasn't surprised. I was actually expecting, the whole time, for Otis to throw HIMSELF into the zombies in order to give Shane a chance. Not that he SHOULD have, mind you, I just thought he would. Shane's definitely proven to be pretty selfish and deceitful, but hey, it's the end times. You gotta do, what you gotta do. I'm not on Shane's side, but I don't know what I would have done in that situation, if I were him. But if it was between Otis, and three people who are your family or are BASICALLY family... well...
Scholar
#19 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 7:01 PM
But they could have made it out together D: The time they spent wrestling each other could have been running to the truck.

I'm sad Otis got eaten alive.
Alchemist
#20 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 7:06 PM
I think the problem was that they were both moving too slow. Otis because he's out of shape and exhausted, Shane because he too was exhausted and his ankles were injured from the drop out of the window...I don't think they would have been able to make it out together. So Shane left them a meal, giving him more time to hobble away. It is pretty sad, for sure, but there was reasoning behind it. They were both in the process of giving up before Shane did that.
Scholar
#21 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:34 AM
Yeah, I know I just wish he would have at least killed Otis before letting him get eaten by zombies. Even though I get why he didn't kill Otis. A screaming body attracts more zombies than a dead one =/
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 2:49 AM
*raises hand* I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead. I haven't read the comics, though.

Ugh. Last Sunday's episode made me hate Shane even more. I never liked his ass since episode one, but he confirmed by suspicions of him by the end of last week's episode.

As far as the rest of the characters, I don't care for either of 'em. Especially Andrea. I'm sick of her, her complaining and moping around. Every time she comes on screen, I want to punch her in the nose.
Scholar
#23 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 3:33 AM
Dude, every time I see Andrea on the tv I'm like "Dale, you should have let her blow herself up." >_>
Field Researcher
#24 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 4:35 AM
I think it would be common though for a lot of people to mope if that situation was real. But of course at one point you'd have to man up because that's how you have to be in that kind of world.
Sure killing otis would be better then letting him be eaten alive.. but didn't they say zombies don't eat dead things.. or would they still since he would still be fresh?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankokomando
Dude, every time I see Andrea on the tv I'm like "Dale, you should have let her blow herself up." >_>

Right?! I'm so sick of her. Always moping, whining and complaining like she's the only person going through a zombie apocalypse.

Quote: Originally posted by kristie91
I think it would be common though for a lot of people to mope if that situation was real. But of course at one point you'd have to man up because that's how you have to be in that kind of world.

Sure killing otis would be better then letting him be eaten alive.. but didn't they say zombies don't eat dead things.. or would they still since he would still be fresh?

While I understand Andrea's reasons for acting like a sourpuss, it gets old when you see her episode after episode, whining and complaining. She keeps saying she wants to die or run away - well then, she needs to just do it already.

As for the situation with Otis/Shane goes, it was a fucked up thing for Shane to do. Period. And like you said, it would've been better for Shane to just put Otis out of his misery. But come to think of it, I don't think zombies eat the dead. Cause think about all those corpses laying around, they don't even look twice at those.
Page 1 of 17